ONN – Zennie Abraham With Long Time Friend Jackie Simpkins, Alley Cat Oakland Bar Owner, In Vegas – video by the YouTube channel in the video’s upper left hand corner.
Zennie Abraham With Long Time Friend Jackie Simpkins, Alley Cat Oakland Bar Owner, In Vegas
For reasons that really cone down to baser racism, there are some small sad folks in Oakland who got triggered when i made a vlog / blog post announcing that The Alley Cat Bar on 3325 Grand Avenue, was reopening.
The reasons given boil down to masked racism for me, because of a silly claim of “accuracy” (or lack thereof) and because i refer to The Alley Cat Bar as just that: The Alley Cat Bar. I have also called it The Alley. The whole deal is silly but again that’s racism for you.
The idea expressed in a passive-aggressive way on Facebook is that I, because I am a black guy, don’t have true knowledge about The Alley, or know the late piano player Rod Dibble. Seriously. Well, here’s Rod at the piano with me and other patrons in 2010:
But that sentiment is expressed on Facebook by the act of tagging me and making up a silly issue of the name I use to for The Alley Cat Bar, “The Alley Cat Bar”, and by a small set of people, all white save for one, and none black.
It continues a habit borne of white media which would come in to write something about The Alley, and ignore talking to me as a regular, and zero in on white regulars, only. This has gone on for years – well, decades, really, since I go back to 1997 as a regular. The only more recent coverage of The Alley that showed its true diversity was in SFGate.com last December. But, overall, that racism is one of many reasons why I started my own media company, Zennie62Media, Inc.
Anyway, then came the communication which implies that I have no personal ties to The Alley. All of this is on Facebook, which has become a cesspool for mindless rants and racist exchanges.
But I digress.
So, I elected to make this vlog that shows Jackie Simpkins, who owns The Alley, and I, have been great long time friends. Here, we were in Las Vegas having dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe in The Venetian Hotel, January 13, 2018.
I have had my 40th and 50th birthdays at The Alley. And, as Jackie says “some call it The Alley, I call it The Alley, others call it The Alley Cat, but why is this an issue?”
For me, its a matter of search engine optimization, cultural habit, and those damn cats in the original sign.
PS: I have noticed that some people use the term “accuracy” whenever an online account does not fit their opinion: the fact is, there are many views of an event or action or person, place, or thing. Everyone has a right to hold their view. Please stop using the word “accuracy” to try and put down my vlogger and blogger form of media (gotta merge those two names), and make yourself look smarter than someone else – it winds up making you look bad, or in this case, racist. I am entitled to my view of the world. Take the red pill.
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick