ONN – Zennie Abraham One Of First Bloggers To Cover 2008 Democratic National Convention: Google Covers It Up But Not Bing. This is techno-racism.
If I type “zennie abraham 2008 democratic national convention blogger barbara”, in Google Search, I get everything but what should be there: evidence via news article that I, indeed, was one of the first ever bloggers to cover the Democratic National Convention, this one in 2008, and for what eventual was the coronation of Senator Barack Obama as the first African-American Democratic Nominee for President of the United States.
By contrast, typing the same “zennie abraham 2008 democratic national convention blogger barbara” in Bing search, yielded this result from what was then called The Oakland Tribune and is now called The East Bay Times, and as the 4th search down https://ift.tt/2VT4mg8
OAKLAND — As the Democratic National Convention gets under way in August, Oakland blogger Zennie Abraham will be on the convention floor with a microphone poised to pick up discussions of race, predatory lending, infrastructure improvement and other issues of concern to Oakland.
Abraham and his Zennie’s Zeitgeist blog at zennie2005.blogspot.com have won a coveted credential from the Democratic National Committee to cover the convention as a blogger journalist. He was selected late last week as one of 124 bloggers to receive credentials from an applicant pool of more than 400.
Zennie’s Zeitgeist is usually about Abraham’s take on political issues of the day — often the Democratic presidential contest — with a smattering of posts about pop culture and sports.
The Democratic National Committee said its criteria in choosing which bloggers to let into what no doubt will be a crowded and history-making Denver convention are that they cover state and local politics and have a high daily audience based on statistics from Technorati, a Web site that tracks blogs. Among applicants whose sites met those criteria, the committee looked for blogs that “stand out as an effective online organizing tool and/or agent of change.”
Why Is Google Trying To Exclude Mention Of Me, Zennie Abraham?
This is part of a larger problem I have experienced since I started online content creation, and continues to this day, but with Twitter. In 2011, this constant desire to diminish or erase any evidence of my existence was lampooned by then-ValleyWag Editor Owen Thomas in a look at the New York Times: https://ift.tt/31WFJmM
Techno-racism Is The 21st Century Problem That Must Be Stopped
It is easy for someone who is a Google or Twitter engineer or any other tech company, to write code that excludes search for certain people, or even types of people, especially by race. For the wrong-doers, it’s easy to claim they’re not racist because, for them, it does not follow what is racist to them: open name calling and any action that points to an obvious expression of racism. Their moves are reflective of institutional racism and should be ruled illegal by Congress.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Sen. Toomey on payment for order: Don’t fix something that isn’t broken October 28, 2021
- Rep. Josh Gottheimer on social spending bill, Democrats’ tax plans October 28, 2021
- Dallas Goedert Discusses His First Game as TE1 & More | Eagles Press Conference October 28, 2021
- Jim Cramer’s first take on Comcast stock after earnings October 28, 2021
- Hotel workers protest for more pay October 28, 2021
- Golden State Warriors vs Memphis Grizzlies 10/28/21 Free NBA Pick and Prediction NBA Betting Tips October 28, 2021
- Crypto.com CEO on Q4 crypto forecast, bitcoin ETF outlook October 28, 2021
- Louis Riddick on Patrick Mahomes: ‘I’m concerned, but I’m not sounding the alarms’ | Get Up October 28, 2021
- Jakobi Meyers on Mac Jones: “He’s been playing unlike a rookie to me” | Press Conference October 28, 2021
- LIVE: Biden Delivers Remarks on New Framework for Social Spending Plan | NBC News October 28, 2021
- Oakland school board approves strict vaccine policy October 28, 2021
- Stolen motorhome crashes in front of San Ramon City Hall October 28, 2021
- U.S. economic growth slows to 2% last quarter, below 2.8% estimate October 28, 2021
- Total Packers with Matt LaFleur: Allen Lazard October 28, 2021
- Allen Lazard 1 on 1: ‘I was the hot hand’ October 28, 2021
- Tim Syzmanski October 28, 2021
- Atlanta Falcons LIVE postgame press conferences | Carolina Panthers vs. Atlanta Falcons October 28, 2021
- Saints-Bucs Week 8 | Fantasy Keys to the Crown October 28, 2021
- Jordan Mailata Discusses “Lack of Execution” vs. Raiders & More | Eagles Press Conference October 28, 2021
- How one military mom mobilized thousands of volunteers to bring sense of hope to Afghan refugees October 28, 2021
- Michigan farm helps formerly incarcerated Americans grow vegetables and opportunity October 28, 2021
- Does Apple’s new privacy changes show it has too much power? October 28, 2021
- President Biden to announce new social spending package framework October 28, 2021
- Alok Sharma says he hopes that COP26 will show that the UK ‘delivered when it mattered’ October 28, 2021
- Keyshawn on J.J. Watt’s latest injury: ‘J.J. has not played a full season since winning DPOY!’ | KJM October 28, 2021
- Kyle Shanahan: Trey Lance Will Return to Practice Ahead of Week 8 | 49ers October 28, 2021
- Governor Larry Hogan on vaccinating kids and President Biden’s infrastructure deal October 28, 2021
- Newest hockey arena focuses on climate awareness October 28, 2021
- NFL Week 8 Best Bets: Spreads, Player Props & O/U Picks (+11.59U on the year!) October 28, 2021
- Merck ready to deploy Covid-19 antiviral pill upon FDA approval, CEO says October 28, 2021
- Rep. Jeffries: It’s My Understanding All Senate Dems Will Support Framework October 28, 2021
- LIVE: Latest news, breaking stories and analysis on October 28 | CBSN October 28, 2021
- Man Awarded $10M In Reverse Discrimination Case, Claims Fired For Being ‘White’ October 28, 2021
- Chelsea v Reading | Premier League U18 | Live Match October 28, 2021
- LIVE: Market Coverage: Thursday October 28 Yahoo Finance October 28, 2021
- EXCLUSIVE | Director behind first-ever movie filmed in space speaks to RT October 28, 2021
- This Morning’s Top Headlines – October 28 | Morning News NOW October 28, 2021
- Why Calvin Ridley is the best route running receiver in the NFL | Atlanta Falcons October 28, 2021
- Rescue dogs dress up in iconic scary movie costumes l GMA October 28, 2021
- FULL MATCH – Drew McIntyre vs. Randy Orton – WWE Title Hell in a Cell Match: WWE Hell in a Cell 2020 October 28, 2021