ONN – Zennie Abraham One Of First Bloggers To Cover 2008 Democratic National Convention: Google Covers It Up But Not Bing. This is techno-racism.
If I type “zennie abraham 2008 democratic national convention blogger barbara”, in Google Search, I get everything but what should be there: evidence via news article that I, indeed, was one of the first ever bloggers to cover the Democratic National Convention, this one in 2008, and for what eventual was the coronation of Senator Barack Obama as the first African-American Democratic Nominee for President of the United States.
By contrast, typing the same “zennie abraham 2008 democratic national convention blogger barbara” in Bing search, yielded this result from what was then called The Oakland Tribune and is now called The East Bay Times, and as the 4th search down https://ift.tt/2VT4mg8
OAKLAND — As the Democratic National Convention gets under way in August, Oakland blogger Zennie Abraham will be on the convention floor with a microphone poised to pick up discussions of race, predatory lending, infrastructure improvement and other issues of concern to Oakland.
Abraham and his Zennie’s Zeitgeist blog at zennie2005.blogspot.com have won a coveted credential from the Democratic National Committee to cover the convention as a blogger journalist. He was selected late last week as one of 124 bloggers to receive credentials from an applicant pool of more than 400.
Zennie’s Zeitgeist is usually about Abraham’s take on political issues of the day — often the Democratic presidential contest — with a smattering of posts about pop culture and sports.
The Democratic National Committee said its criteria in choosing which bloggers to let into what no doubt will be a crowded and history-making Denver convention are that they cover state and local politics and have a high daily audience based on statistics from Technorati, a Web site that tracks blogs. Among applicants whose sites met those criteria, the committee looked for blogs that “stand out as an effective online organizing tool and/or agent of change.”
Why Is Google Trying To Exclude Mention Of Me, Zennie Abraham?
This is part of a larger problem I have experienced since I started online content creation, and continues to this day, but with Twitter. In 2011, this constant desire to diminish or erase any evidence of my existence was lampooned by then-ValleyWag Editor Owen Thomas in a look at the New York Times: https://ift.tt/31WFJmM
Techno-racism Is The 21st Century Problem That Must Be Stopped
It is easy for someone who is a Google or Twitter engineer or any other tech company, to write code that excludes search for certain people, or even types of people, especially by race. For the wrong-doers, it’s easy to claim they’re not racist because, for them, it does not follow what is racist to them: open name calling and any action that points to an obvious expression of racism. Their moves are reflective of institutional racism and should be ruled illegal by Congress.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele
- Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass
- Oakland Vigil & Protest for Daunte Wright & Adam Toledo 4/16/2021
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response