ONN – Zennie Abraham Intros Video Comment System For Zennie62Media’s Oakland News Now, For CES 2021 – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Something exciting for CES 2021, what I still call CES Las Vegas as well as CES Digital.
For years I have been fascinated with the path-breaking possibilties offered by video and vlog commentary. The problem has been one of video “weight” and also use. Early on, Loic Leimur’s Seimic social network offered promise, with it’s way of stringing together videos into one thread, much like the Twitter set up we see today. But he could not get enough traction with his platform.
On top of that, I’ve been on, and even board member of, a slew of micro-vlogging platform companies, from Vidoco in Israel, to Tout in San Francisco, to 12Second.tv, to 6Seconds, and more. I have a long history with the micro-vlogging industry.
Fast forward to today. After a number of searches for the right combination, and to make a long story short for this purpose (and so I can get to bed and sleep as it is 3:24 AM), I stumbled on a platform called Yappa.
Yappa says it is “Enabling you and your audience to connect and engage with your brand and your content in ways that text-based comments cannot deliver. A conversational multimedia tool innovating the way we interact online.” That’s exactly what I am and have been trying to do and interested in since 2005, and when I discovered vlogging for myself and then got involved heavily after attending Vloggercon in San Francisco in 2006, and joining IReport (before CNN bought it), and Blip.tv (in 2005) and YouTube, starting the Zennie62 Channel in April of that same year, and just months before I attended Vloggercon.
Right now, you can make a video comment of about 10 seconds and “join the conversation”, in this case, on CES, but it could be on Oakland, or Star Trek, or SpaceX, or MARVEL’s Loki, or The Biden Administration’s cabinet picks, or,…You get the idea.
Give it a try, please. And I am going to work to talk more about Yappa and the Yappa Team, whom I do not yet know. UPDATE: I just discovered that Yappa consists of a two-person team led by Jennifer Dyer as CEO and Kiaran Sim as Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer. I’m also proud to report that both Jennifer Dyer and Kiaran Sim are African American! It is a welcome sign that we’re at a point where, as I have said, there are really a number of blacks in tech out there, doing interesting things, we just have to find each other.
In my case, I found out about Yappa while reading a post about MARVEL STUDIOS’s Loki on IGN. I happened to see what turned out to be the Yappa app, and almost fainted. Instead, I went to get the app, then coded a new widget space for Oakland News Now, so I could fit it, along with what I originally intended to do for CES.
I had shut my comment system down because I was so dismayed with the nature of online exchange, today. As I said before, Yappa is a godsend. It saves me from the video-hosting job I did not want to do, or have on my WordPress platform.
Anyway, here’s more about Yappa and how to make a “Yap” – then, give it a try, below in the field.
Zennie Abraham Intros Video Comment System For Zennie62Media’s Oakland News Now, For CES 2021
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California 05/05/2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With: Bike Oakland Ride To The New Ghost Town
- Oakland City Council Approves Including Councilmember Bas, Taylor, Police Alternatives In Budget
- 2021 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leand