ONN – YouTube And YouTubers Like Zennie Abraham Now Leapfrog Traditional Media Outlets Says Pew Reseach – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
YouTube And YouTubers Like Zennie Abraham Now Leapfrog Traditional Media Outlets Says Pew Research
This is news about YouTube and YouTubers which impacts Oakland news, San Francisco news, Los Angeles news, Atlanta news, Chicago news, New York news, Miami news, and even news in good old Fayettevile, Georgia. it comes from Pew Research, via a blog post by Sarah Perez at Tech Crunch, and can be summed up in this way: traditional media is not what you think it is.
From Tech Crunch’s Ms. Perez : “A quarter of US adults now get news from YouTube, Pew Research study finds”. And this title: “Many Americans Get News on YouTube, Where News Organizations and Independent Producers Thrive Side by Side”. Or this: “This study found that a majority, or 72%, of Americans said YouTube was either an important (59%) or the most important (13%) way they get their news. Most also said they didn’t see any big issues with getting their news from the site, but they did express some moderate concern about misinformation, political bias, YouTube’s demonetization practices and censorship.”
And then, there’s this:
“A second part of the research involved content analysis of the 377 most popular YouTube news channels in November 2019 and the content of YouTube videos published by the 100 channels with the highest median of views in December 2019. This was performed by a combination of humans and computational methods, says Pew.
The analysis discovered that more than four-in-ten (44%) popular YouTube channels can be characterized as “personality-driven,” meaning the channel is oriented around an individual. This could be a journalist employed by an established news organization or it could be an independent host.
However, it’s more often true of the latter, as 70% of independent channels are centered around an individual, often a “YouTuber” who has gained a following. Indeed, 57% of independent channels are YouTuber-driven versus the 13% centered around people who were public figures before gaining attention on YouTube.”
Like me, Zennie Abraham. It is still a real shock to me when I am recognized in public, yet it happens a lot. It also happens to other Zennie62 YouTubers, who have shared there encounters with viewers in random situations.
Now, the Pew Research study itself, also reported this:
“These different offerings and approaches to the news could have a variety of implications for the experiences of people who get news on YouTube. On the one hand, most YouTube news consumers seem to have a positive experience. Clear majorities in this group say in the survey that the news videos they watch on YouTube help them better understand current events (66%) and expect them to be largely accurate (73%). And a similar share (68%) say the videos keep their attention and that they typically watch closely, rather than playing them in the background.”
This news reminds me of something Joe Vasquez of KPIX Channel Five in the San Francisco – Oakland Bay Area once told me. Of the SF Bay Area television news industry, he said “we’re living on borrowed time.” That generally means “to continue to live past the time one was expected to die and be likely to die soon”. But I think a better contextual meaning is that people think television news reaches more people than it actually does.
So, for YouTube Partners doing news commentary, take note: your voice really is news, today.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- After Prevailing in State Recall Election, Governor Gavin Newsom Visits Oakland Melrose Leadership Academy September 18, 2021
- Oakland International Film Festival Focus On Black Farmers At Freedom Farmers Market September 18th September 18, 2021
- Oakland Homicides – OPD Police Reports 96 Homicides, On Pace For 134 By End Of 2021 September 18, 2021
- San Francisco Giants vs Atlanta Braves Highlights September 17, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 18, 2021
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights September 17, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 18, 2021
- Councilman Joe Buscaino Talks Live On KCAL About Friday Night’s Earthquake September 18, 2021
- 4.3 Earthquake Southern California 9/17/2021 September 18, 2021
- 4.3 magnitude earthquake hits Carson area, shakes SoCal | ABC7 September 18, 2021
- 4.3M Earthquake Near carson… September 18, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Yannick Ngakoue Expected To Play In Week Two Vs The Steelers By Eric Pangilinan September 18, 2021
- Brian Laundrie missing since Tuesday, search for Gabby Petito continues September 17, 2021
- FBI: Brian Laundrie is missing, search for Gabby Petito continues | LiveNOW from FOX September 17, 2021
- Robert Durst verdict: Real-estate heir found guilty in murder of Susan Berman | ABC7 September 17, 2021
- Report: 6 New Orleans Saints Offensive Coaches, 1 Player, 1 Nutritionist Positive For COVID-19 September 17, 2021
- Howard Terminal Update: The Portland Diamond Project Still Alive While Oakland A’s Talk Las Vegas September 17, 2021
- Downs Oakland Church Sunday Service 9.19.21 September 17, 2021
- The Austin Dunn Story Of Black East Bay Regional Park District Employee Of The 1930s September 17, 2021
- John & Sara Lemmon: Early California Botanists, Civil War Survivors and Influential Oakland Citizens September 17, 2021
- Introduction to Rockridge: Oakland’s Well-Loved Neighborhood September 17, 2021
- Moving to Oakland Commuting From Oakland to San Francisco September 17, 2021
- Gabby Petito: Police arrive at the home of Brian Laundrie’s parents September 17, 2021
- Oakland Mayor Schaaf’s Office Says Racist, Sexist Social Media Accounts Made By Several Oakland Police Officers September 17, 2021
- Amy Trask Bio & Hype Video For Amy Trask Talk On Las Vegas Raiders And Oakland Raiders Culture. September 17, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Running Back Josh Jacobs Ruled Out For Week Two Vs The Steelers By Eric Pangilinan September 17, 2021
- LIVE: New Orleans Saints Player Interviews 9/17/21 Week 2 vs. Panthers September 17, 2021