WordPress Gutenberg Editor is the surest sign yet that our society is in trouble. I’m serious. Here’s why. This statement written to explain why this new, and certainly interesting way of editing on WordPress, is needed, now: “One thing that sets WordPress apart from other systems is that it allows you to create as rich a post layout as you can imagine — but only if you know HTML and CSS and build your own custom theme. By thinking of the editor as a tool to let you write rich posts and create beautiful layouts, we can transform WordPress into something users love WordPress, as opposed something they pick it because it’s what everyone else uses.”
That is the problem for me. Didn’t go to school to learn HTML, but after years of building websites and blog sites, I now know it, and love coding. Need to make a link code? I can do that in my sleep – I can actually recite the code out loud. In other words, I’m now an expert in using HTML and CSS. I took it as the price of admission into the World of WordPress. And I love WordPress. And I love coding. It’s the magic keys to the kingdom. It can be frustrating when a code doesn’t work, but I have a community of knowledge and people to access for help – all just a click away. That’s cool.
So, here comes WordPress Gutenberg Editor, and with the rather ominous note that “Gutenberg is more than an editor. While the editor is the focus right now, the project will ultimately impact the entire publishing experience including customization (the next focus area).” Another words, this is going to become the standard? Please, no.
I tried WordPress Gutenberg Editor and all it is, is a kind of object-oriented way of making the editing process less technical by installing a kind of supposedly intuitive code designed to make an interface so you don’t have to know code. Ok, fine, but do I have to use it if I prefer the more, well, technical approach I’m used to? I mean I don’t need WordPress Gutenberg Editor, so why force it on me?
WordPress Gutenberg Editor is basically Automattic’s answer to a Facebook Society, and that’s a bad thing. It means Mark Zuckerberg has succeeded in making society stupid. From what I’m reading from WordPress, people only use it because they have to, not because they want to. Well, that’s a good thing. But what Facebook has done is make the basic person not want to learn how to build a website at all, or learn code. And be slaves to Mark’s views on privacy, as stated to TechCrunch Founder Michael Arrington in 2010 (I was there and this video is on Zennie62 on YouTube.)…
In other words, Facebook has made the task of making yourself known online so easy, that billions of people have given up any real control of who they are to Mark. And that’s a bad thing. And it makes people do stupid things- like having just a Facebook Page, and no stand-alone website. So what happens if you are on your smartphone and not logged in to Facebook? You can’t see that person’s Facebook Page for their business.
What happens if you’re not on Facebook at all? Facebook content is not easily searchable outside Facebook. So, it’s not a smart move, relying on just a Facebook Page for your business visibility, but that doesn’t matter, because Mark apparently managed to do what Automattic wants to do, and that’s be the ultimate “time waster” app. To me, that’s not what Automattic’s supposed to be about – unless Matthew Charles “Matt” Mullenweg, the creator of WordPress, finally decided he wanted one of those TechCrunch “The Crunchies” awards for the “Ultimate Time Waster”.
Ah, ok. So, Matthew Charles “Matt” Mullenweg decided to preside over building code so the rest of us don’t have to know code, to do something that calls for code.
Matt, make them think. Please. Otherwise you’re contributing to the dumbing-down of America. Ever forcing us more into a society made completely nervous, reactionary, and immature and racist – wanting it all, easy, and then whining when we don’t get our way. All of that, rather than figuring out the , well, technical, solution to a problem – and having our self-esteem lifted in the process.
Think I’m being too dramatic? Then why are you building that Facebook Page?
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
- Howard Terminal Oakland Ballpark Project Clearing Up Errors In Reporting Regarding TIF, SB293 Skinner
- Loki Episode 3. Did This Episode Fail To Deliver? By Joseph Armendariz
- Kathleen Matz Takes Issue With My Oakland Juneteeth Shooting Vlog, Reflects A Basic Racial Problem
- The Race To Become New York Mayor- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Top Draft Picks Continue To Shine In Training Camp – By Eric Pangilinan
- New York City Mayoral Primary Puts Spotlight On Ranked-Choice Voting
Oakland News Now Archives
- Dynamic Group to break ground on 16-unit AD facility – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Dutch wood pellet imports reached new high in 2020 – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Oakland City Council Members Join Vigil in Honor of Victims of Juneteenth Shooting – NBC Bay Area – California News Times
- Crowd gathers at Lake Merritt to mourn 22-year-old man killed in mass shooting – San Francisco Chronicle
- Bishop Barber of Oakland: Unmasked Massgoers Should Not Be ‘Policed’ – National Catholic Register
- Juneteenth Celebration at Lake Merritt in Oakland, Calif. – The Pioneer
- Athletics race to large, early lead, defeat Rangers 13-6 – Associated Press
- List of possible A’s ballpark sites grows, 3rd Las Vegas trip planned – Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Bay Briefing: Where Bay Area small businesses got help — and where they didn’t – San Francisco Chronicle
- Oakland crowd twerks on ambulance, blocks responders after deadly shooting – Fox News