Will Power, a veteran 37 year old racing driver, used, well, will power to score his first Indianapolis 500 win. With his wife Elizabeth watching and crying as he drove toward his pit area, Power pumped his fists with joy. It was about time.
Born March 1, 1981 in Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia, Will Power’s first race win came in 2006, when he won the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach. Since then, he’s participated in 121 races, and enjoyed 29 wins, 52 podiums, and 41 poles. But never once the Indy 500.
“You know, there was a time when I thought I’d never win this,” Power told ESPN / ABC moment ago. But he did. Unfortunately, one person who did not join Mr. Power on the podium is Danica Patrick.
This 2018 Indianapolis 500 was to be Danica Patrick’s last race – she’s retiring. It goes without saying that a win in her final go would have been a crowning achievement in her storied career, but Patrick wound up telling another story; she crashed in the Indy 500.
Perhaps she was pushing it as she crashed curing lap 68. She later told ESPN that she was “nervous” and then sad because it was her final race.
Danica Patrick finishes with 191 races, no wins, one pole, seven top 10s, 2005 Indianapolis 500 Rookie of The Year, 2012 NASCAR Nationwide Series Most Popular Driver, and a slew of more awards, praises, and millions of fans.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders: Running BackTrey Ragas Waived By The Raiders But Why? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- Three earthquakes near Charleston, South Carolina September 28, 2021
- Home For Sale At 6690 Outlook Ave Oakland, CA 94605 September 28, 2021
- John Guillory Stars In What Happened to the Black People in Oakland? Part One September 28, 2021
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 09.26.21 September 28, 2021
- FISHER BLOCK PARTY – Oakland 2021 – 4K September 28, 2021
- Fisher block party (Oakland) 9/25/21 September 28, 2021
- Fisher Block Party Oakland Live Technomusic Experience September 28, 2021
- Britney Spears’ Dad Allegedly Bugged Her Phone and Home September 27, 2021
- Why Jamie Lynn Spears Isn’t As Innocent As She Claims September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquakes – Dr Wendy Rocks Explains Why They Happened Today September 27, 2021
- Parents deny involvement in Brian Laundrie’s disappearance as FBI continues search September 27, 2021
- Howard Terminal Update – Oakland Doesn’t Need Alameda County For TIF, Loren Taylor Town Hall Tonight September 27, 2021
- Coach Gruden Presser | 9.27.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 27, 2021
- Bay Area Transparency Clashes With Oakland Police At Public Works Annex, Again September 27, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Is QB Derek Carr Leading In The MVP Race Right Now? By Eric Pangilinan September 27, 2021
- Oakland Police YouTube Video – Meet Deputy Chief Drennon Lindsey September 27, 2021
- KTVU’s Dave Clark Reports Sideshow Draws 70 Spectators in Oakland September 27, 2021
- Oakland Dynamites (8U) Big Play Highlights – 09.25.21 September 27, 2021
- With Double Slaying Sunday, Oakland Marks 102 Homicides So Far in 2021 September 27, 2021
- Rapper R Kelly Guilty Of Racketeering Sex Trafficking And Assault Expected To Get Decades In Jail September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquake Today | Magnitude 3.1 earthquake Near Summerville, North Charleston September 27, 2021
- Crete earthquake – Brit tourists terrified as mag-6 quake rocks Greek island September 27, 2021
- WorldView: Earthquake hits Greece; Volcano erupts in Spain’s Canary Islands September 27, 2021
- Magnitude 5.8 earthquake strikes the Greek island of Crete September 27, 2021