ONN – Why Star Wars David Prowse Was Banned From Comic Con Star Wars Fan Days, 501 Squadron Photo Events? – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
In my post on the passing of Star Wars Actor David Prowse (AKA Dave Prowse), I happened to see references to why the legend also known as the Green Cross Code Man (for which he was knighted, specifically The Most Excellent Order of the British Empire), was banned from Comic Con. Since I broke the story in full while blogging at SFGate.com in the City Brights section, on July 15, 2010, I wrote this:
In this Comic Con update, 75-year-old Dave Prowse, who was the body behind Darth Vader in the Star Wars movie series, has been banned – that’s right, banned – from Comic Con’s Star Wars Fan Days and, as his Darth Vader website put it:
It is with regret that I have been informed by my friends at C2 Ventures, Ben and Phillip, that I am not to be invited to C5 this year or any other Lucas Film associated events. After enquiring, the only thing I have been told is that I have “burnt too many bridges between Lucas Film and myself” – no other reason given.
I have also been advised by the promoter of Paris Manga in September that LFL have requested no photo opportunities with the 501 Squadron, even though I am commander in chief of the 501.
Sincere apologies to all my fans who were hoping to meet with me – I shall miss you too. As you will see from my events page I will be at many conventions all over the world so we can still keep in touch.
And Dave Prowse’ Facebook page explains the Comic Con information in more detail:
Updated Dave’s appearance schedule on his official web site. Dave is not appearing at DragonCon, Chicago ComiCon, Star Wars Fan Days, or the shows in Glasgow and Montreal. Dave has added new shows including his rescheduled trip to Turkey.
Wow. Curious to know just what Darth Vader did to “burn bridges” with LucasFilm? Speculation runs rampant, and LucasFilm’s not talking. But this comment over at Blastr.com was provocative:
Scopi on Jul 10, 2010 03:05 PM
When it comes to burning bridges, I assume that Lucas Film wouldn’t be very happy with story I’ve heard Prowse tell a couple times, along the lines that he thought he was doing the voice of Darth Vader and that James Earl Jones was only hired to appeal to the “black audience.” I think Prowse walked back from that a bit later on, but maybe he’s been telling accusatory versions of it again.
I can’t see George Lucas making that stupid an assumption about the “black audience” and that take on Prowse part is rather racist. My insider information is that George thought he needed a more menancing voice that this one:
The simple fact is Darth Vader’s supposed to sound like someone who can crush you with a thought, and not like someone who would beat you with a wet noodle. At any rate, he’s out of Comic Con.
There you go. David Prowse, RIP.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkeley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing
- Leigh Steinberg Talks NFL Post 2021 Draft – Will COVID-19 Be The Same Problem As 2020?
- Carroll Fife Oakland District 3 Councilmember On Housing, Homelessness, and Reform
- This Bullying Oakland Mayor Schaaf Has Gone Too Far – Terrorizing Libby As Evil As Police Brutality
- SpaceX’s Starship SN15 Makes First Landing Without Exploding
- John Jones Has A Major Surprise For Oakland California Friends, Politicians
- Oakland Planning Commission Approved Giant 415 20th Skyscraper Ignores Homeless – Thomas Berkeley?
- Oakland Planning Commission Meets Livestream On 415 20th, The Tallest Building In Oakland, If Built
- Oakland And San Francisco Hire California Movers USA For Your Next Relocation
- 415 20th Street Will Be Oakland’s Tallest Building, Draw 3,800 Employees – Planning Commission Says It Has No Impact
- Oakland Lacrosse Club, Oakland Athletic League, OUSD Partner For Girls Lacrosse League
- Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow: The Futurism Of Walt Disney