In Oakland’s sports facilities past, city managers and now chief administrative officers, the people charged with running the day-to-day operations of the City of Oakland, have always been a visible presence in the media. Thus, it’s logical to expect a press conference with Oakland’s current CAO Edward “Ed” Reiskin talking about the Oakland A’s work with the City of Oakland to build a new ballpark at Howard Terminal, but Ed Reiskin’s been invisible, at least to date. That’s completely out of character for a city with a proud history of competent, innovative, city managers and administrators.
In the case of the Oakland Raiders move back to Oakland from Los Angeles, Assistant City Manager Ezra Rapport and City Managers Craig Kocian and Henry Gardner before him were dual point-people on the project, with Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris as the City’s boss. Then, as Craig Kocian left, Robert Bobb took his place.
The story of Robert Bobb is legendary because Mr. Bobb wanted to turn Oakland into a place with top-knotch sports venues that regularly hosted Super Bowl games and other high level events. But he was countered by then-Oakland Mayor Jerry Brown, who, in May of 2002, fired Robert simply because he sought to build a Downtown Stadium for the Oakland A’s at the site where Square is headquartered today, Broadway and Thomas L. Berkley Way.
Think about that.
And in the example of The Golden State Warriors and Coliseum City, Fred Blackwell (now CEO of The San Francisco Foundation) held several titles including Assistant City Administrative Officer, while negotiating with the team on an arena for Downtown Oakland, and with the Raiders on Coliseum City.
And in the example of the effort to build a stadium for the Raiders under Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, she initially had Claudia Capio, then with the title of Assistant City Administrative Officer, as her point person. But when it was clear that assignment wasn’t the best use of Claudia’s talent, Libby pivoted to, well, herself. And for reasons best known to her, the Mayor called on sports consultants who did not live in or know Oakland for input behind the scenes.
She did, however, dispatch then Oakland City Administrative Officer Sabrina Landrieth to help staff the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Joint Powers Authority, but outside of that, no one has filled the place of point person on sports facilities issues, or an issue. Given, the past pattern, it’s logical to expect the still-relatively-new CAO Ed Reiskin to be the next point person. But no.
Not only has Ed not been out talking about the A’s at Howard Terminal, a Google News search shows Ed’s received something like 11 items of press content for the entire time he’s been in place as Oakland’s daily chief. By contrast, Oakland Police Chief LeRonne Armstrong has five times the news posts over the past three months, alone.
That can’t be by accident.
Where’s Ed Reiskin? Libby brought him over to Oakland from San Francisco. Now, she’s hiding him. What’s up?
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- San Francisco 49ers News & Rumors On DeForest Buckner, 49ers Injury Report, Trade Candidates | Q&A October 19, 2021
- MINOR LEAGUE PLAYERS HAVE A PLACE TO LIVE || Starting 9 October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Maxx Crosby Early Candidate For Defense Player Of The Year By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- San Francisco, Tourism Industry Offer Cash Rewards To Stop Auto Burglary Fencing Operations October 19, 2021
- 882 Alma Pl, Oakland, CA, 94610 October 19, 2021
- Joel Embiid press conference after Ben Simmons was suspended during Sixers practice October 19, 2021
- The Offset Jim Interview: Coming Up in Oakland, Rich Off The Pack, Moving to NYC & More October 19, 2021
- CBS Correspondent Takes a Flying Car Up for a Spin October 19, 2021
- Meet Maxx Crosby’s Rescue Pit Bulls | Episode 2 | Crosby’s Crib | Raiders | NFL October 19, 2021
- TikTok star robbed at gunpoint in San Francisco October 19, 2021
- Top 15 Plays of Week 6 | NFL 2021 Highlights October 19, 2021
- Google Event 2021 Reaction: Pixel 6 Pro Launch October 19, 2021
- All-Access with the Golden State Warriors Veterans October 19, 2021
- Neighbor rescues man from burning home in San Francisco October 19, 2021
- The 1991 Oakland Hills Fire October 19, 2021
- Seahawks Trade Rumors: 4 Players Who Could Get Dealt Before The NFL Trade Deadline Ft. Quandre Diggs October 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders My Apology Amari Cooper Didn’t Say Jon Gruden Was A Racist By Eric Pangilinan October 19, 2021
- Lake Merritt is a large tidal lagoon in the center of Oakland, California, just east of Downtown October 19, 2021
- Red Sox Fans Troll A Rod With Savage Bennifer Chants At MLB Playoffs… October 19, 2021
- CBS San Francisco: Residents Are So Upset With Crime They Are Hiring Private Security October 19, 2021
- Astros vs. Red Sox ALCS Game 3 Highlights (10/18/21) | MLB Highlights October 19, 2021
- Yet Another Bank of America, SBA EIDL Horror Story Sent For Blogging October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Official Teaser “Lost Session” | Netflix October 19, 2021
- Cowboy Bebop | Opening Credits | Netflix October 19, 2021
- Intellectual Property Law Issues in Non Fungible Tokens (NFTs) October 19, 2021
- The New Future Of YouTube | YouTube Video NFTs – Non-Fungible Tokens | RetroPie Guy October 19, 2021
- Drugstores Blame Shoplifting for Locked Up Shelves October 19, 2021
- Nationwide spike in shoplifting October 19, 2021
- Mondays With Vish: Will the 49ers Bounce Back After the Bye Week? October 19, 2021
- MLB Picks – Atlanta Braves vs Los Angeles Dodgers – NLCS Game 3 MLB Playoffs October 19, 2021