ONN – When Oakland’s New Racism Started: What A Drunk Racist White English Guy At The Alley Did In 2013
Oakland’s New Racism Must Be Stopped. Oakland is being victimized by a new racist element that thinks it’s OK to yell out at and taunt people because they’re black. The last straw for me was at The Alley, which wasn’t the bar’s fault, but it happened there.
A guy named Colin was with his wife Leila, and it was obvious he was drunk. But he used his condition as a mask for saying “You’re black. I have not seen a black person in a long time.” And he was trying to talk to me about my being black, and saying that it’s cool, and saying I’m a shithead, and I was having none of it. He was being racist, be avoiding the use of obviously racist terms.
Again, Colin came up with this stuff out of the blue. I told hid wife, who was talking to my long time friends Monica and Daniel, to “get your husband under control,” as she was standing next to the guy, but pretending to not hear him, when others did.
And then there were the white guys who were yelling at me as I got into a cab on the night of the murder of Kiante Campbell “Oh, black guy going to Uptown,” because they heard me say that’s where he could take me.
Then there’s Oakland City Auditor Courtney Ruby’s report that singles out two black councilmembers for an alleged City Charter violation that applies to all Oakland Councilmembers, and has during the reporting period, which goes back to 2010. That report news was picked up by a racist website. It has offensive race-based messages that should not be associated with Oakland. Oakland’s not for burning.
I mark that moment at The Alley, which I still love, as the time, for me, when Oakland began to show it was drawing the presence of racists.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Mock Draft Live Two Weeks Away From The 2021 NFL Draft
- 1974 Oakland Raiders Season
- Oakland Athletics Post-Game From Phoenix By Richard Haick
- Oakland Public Library: Hora De Cuentos: 5 En La Cama
- Oakland Athletics at Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field in Phoenix by Richard Haick
- US Calls For Pause On Johnson & Johnson Vaccine | TODAY
- Paul Flores, Rubin Flores: Kristin Smart Case Suspects Arrested, Sheriffs To Announce Updates
- Bishop O’Dowd at San Leandro Football 4.1.21 | Jesse Madden vs Demetrius Freeney
- Justin Fields Is Smartest QB In 2021 NFL Draft With Insane Aptitude Test Score
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!