ONN – When Oakland’s New Racism Started: What A Drunk Racist White English Guy At The Alley Did In 2013
Oakland’s New Racism Must Be Stopped. Oakland is being victimized by a new racist element that thinks it’s OK to yell out at and taunt people because they’re black. The last straw for me was at The Alley, which wasn’t the bar’s fault, but it happened there.
A guy named Colin was with his wife Leila, and it was obvious he was drunk. But he used his condition as a mask for saying “You’re black. I have not seen a black person in a long time.” And he was trying to talk to me about my being black, and saying that it’s cool, and saying I’m a shithead, and I was having none of it. He was being racist, be avoiding the use of obviously racist terms.
Again, Colin came up with this stuff out of the blue. I told hid wife, who was talking to my long time friends Monica and Daniel, to “get your husband under control,” as she was standing next to the guy, but pretending to not hear him, when others did.
And then there were the white guys who were yelling at me as I got into a cab on the night of the murder of Kiante Campbell “Oh, black guy going to Uptown,” because they heard me say that’s where he could take me.
Then there’s Oakland City Auditor Courtney Ruby’s report that singles out two black councilmembers for an alleged City Charter violation that applies to all Oakland Councilmembers, and has during the reporting period, which goes back to 2010. That report news was picked up by a racist website. It has offensive race-based messages that should not be associated with Oakland. Oakland’s not for burning.
I mark that moment at The Alley, which I still love, as the time, for me, when Oakland began to show it was drawing the presence of racists.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Looks Like Oakland Lake Merritt Racists From Nextdoor Have Migrated To Facebook
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf Proposes $3.85 Billion “Just Recovery Budget”
- VP Kamala Harris Meets With Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador – Remarks
- VAX LIVE Concert To Reunite America And Encourage Vaccine Equity Stars Harry And Meghan
- West Oakland Home For Rent At 846 Isabella St Oakland
- Oakland Police Chief Armstrong Speaks At Oakland Rotary Club Thursday Meeting May 6, 2021
- Tian Jin Dumplings, Shandong, And Gum Kuo Restaurants: 3 Food Spots In Oakland Chinatown
- Jake Paul, Logan Paul’s Actions To Floyd Mayweather Were Racist – Paul’s Record Isn’t Clean
- Walking Through Downtown San Francisco One Year Later Into The Pandemic 2021
- Keisha Lance Bottoms Not Seeking Re-Election As Atlanta Mayor
- FLOYD MAYWEATHER BRAWL ERUPTS WITH JAKE PAUL; ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE AS TEAMS COME TO BLOWS
- Adam Schefter Told Dan Patrick His Aaron Rogers Story Draft Day Story Was Made Up, Not From The QB
- 415 20th Street Thomas Berkley Building Should Be Live / Work To Add Housing In Oakland
- Carroll Fife, District 3 Oakland Councilmember, Talks Housing And Homeless Problems With Experts
- Mandela Station At West Oakland BART Shows New City In City
- Self-Service Buffets Return To Las Vegas Strip
- Dogecoin Cools After Week Of Dramatic Growth Ahead Of Elon Musk On SNL
- Oakland Police Department On Unsolved Homicide Of Henry Texada
- Oakland Police Captain Jones With Ceasefire, Captain Holmgren Talk Violent Crime
- Mass Vaccination Site at Oakland Coliseum Closing