The Golden State Warriors are now an NBA Dynasty. They came into this 2018 NBA Season as the underdogs but at the same time the 2017 NBA Champions. The noise was all about the reconstructed Houston Rockets, as if they were a kind of battleship rather than a collection of men. “The new Rockets were designed to beat Golden State,” how many times have we heard that this season? Perhaps too much.
The Warriors were not the NBA’s best team during the regular season, the Houston Rockets were at 65 wins, then followed by the Toronto Raptors with 59 wins. One more win than the Warriors, and the Raptors turned around and fired their coach Dwane Casey. That, right there, shows you just how crazy this season was.
For a time, it looked like the Warriors, the Defending Champs, were going to be last year’s stars. After a string of late season losses, the Oakland Warriors went into the playoffs with the constant expectation that some team would beat them, but that team wasn’t the San Antonio Spurs. Many thought and were just waiting for the Rockets – Warriors matchup. Chris Paul and James Harden were supposed to be the tonic for the Splash Brothers of Step Curry and Klay Thomson, and the Rockets had enough big, fast “trees” to handle Kevin Durant.
The pair battled to an epic Game 6 – not Game 7. Why Game 6? Because Paul got injured, the Warriors won, and he did not return for Game 7, that’s why.
After the Rockets game, the Warriors – Cavs matchup was really more of a Warriors – LeBron James matchup. We tend to think of King James as Superman, but the reality is, he’s just an awesome basketball player. He needed help, but the rest of the Cavs weren’t up to it.
WARRIORS WIN! The modern NBA Dynasty has been born.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- In Memory of Our Friend, Willie Garson September 25, 2021
- Bill Carroll’s Saturday Superlatives QBs Week 3 Tannner Mordecai, Austin Kendall, and Jaxson Dart. September 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Mogul Steve Wynn To Light Al Davis Torch At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 25, 2021
- KTVU’s Frank Somerville Suspended For Good – Not Over Gabby Petito Social Media Debate Says Rich Lieberman September 25, 2021
- Free Football Pick UCLA Bruins vs Stanford Cardinal Prediction, 9/25/2021 College Football Best Bet September 25, 2021
- Stanford Football: UCLA Motivational September 25, 2021
- Washington vs Cal 9/25/21 Free College Football Picks and Predictions Week 4 2021 September 25, 2021
- Mail thieves caught on camera in Oakland September 25, 2021
- Home For Sale – 2364 E 16th St Oakland, CA 94601 September 25, 2021
- 2018 SUBARU Outback Walnut Creek, San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, Vallejo J3219216 September 25, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: INSIDE motel where Gabby Petito’s fiancé stayed after the traffic stop September 25, 2021
- Oakland Residents Starting to Inquire About Getting COVID Boosters September 25, 2021
- Houston Astros vs Oakland Athletics Highlights September 24, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021 September 25, 2021
- Rep. Lauren Boebert Paid Rent, Utilities With Campaign Funds, Filing Shows September 25, 2021
- Kroger Fayetteville GA Store’s Produce Bag Dispensers Placed Too High To Reach September 25, 2021
- TOP 15 YouTube Mistakes Small YouTubers Make – Why Your Channel Isn’t Growing September 25, 2021
- Palo Alto woman accused of starting Fawn Fire allegedly had lighter in her pocket: DA September 25, 2021
- PG&E charged in Zogg Fire that killed 4 last year September 25, 2021
- The Road to 3-0, Dolphins’ Change at QB and More Storylines Heading Into Week 3 | Raiders | NFL September 25, 2021
- Shaquille O’Neal’s Credit Card was Declined at Walmart September 25, 2021
- NBA players flirting with officials September 25, 2021
- Little Italy – Standoff ends with man almost hitting pedestrians September 25, 2021
- Search for Brian Laundrie continues Saturday after false-alarm at the family house September 25, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Running Back Josh Jacobs And Richie Incognito Still Injured By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders ESPN Named QB Derek Carr The Most Underappreciated In The NFL By Eric Pangilinan September 24, 2021