Well, get ready Lake Chalet, because The NBA Finals are coming back to Oakland for the fourth straight year thanks to the Golden State Warriors win over the Houston Rockets 101-92. For those who don’t know, the Warriors hold a slew of parties at the old boathouse at 1536 Lakeshore Avenue that was rebuilt to the Lake Chalet restaurant, and opened in 2007.
Now, The Lake Chalet will, once again, play host to the Warriors, and it’s a sure bet the organization will have another kick-off party before the first game, perhaps Wednesday of this week. It will be kind of like the one I attended in 2015, where Oakland District Three Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney socialized with Lake Chalet Owner Lara Graham Truppelli…
And Lara greeted guests…
The first game will be this Thursday at the Oakland Coliseum, as the visiting Cleveland Cavaliers come to Oracle Arena, yet again. This is the fourth straight year the Cavs and Warriors have faced each other for all the marbles, and this time the cast for Cleveland is dramatically different, but one constant remains: LeBron James.
The man called King James comes back for his eighth straight NBA Finals, and, like the Warriors as a team, got here under the most unusual circumstances: with seemingly one-third of his team out for different reasons, Mr. James put the team on his back and willed the Cavs to victory. Le Bron James said, himself, that around the time of the NBA trade deadline, he “didn’t pack it in” but re-committed himself to the team and winning. It seems “ re-committed” can apply to the defending NBA Champion Warriors, too.
The Warriors didn’t have the best NBA record, as the rebuilt Rockets posted the best record in the league. Some observers penciled Houston in as the next NBA Champion, since they were specifically formed to beat the Golden State Warriors. And, while it took and epic and breath-taking seven-game NBA Western Conference Finals to decide the outcome, the Rockets failed in their quest.
Get ready Gar and Lara, the NBA’s coming to town, once again!
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Jobs: Waste Management Hiring Oakland California Residents At WM.com
- City Of Oakland Launches New Poet Laureate Program
- Oakland Fire Department Announced Oakland City Council Approved Return Of Full Service April 13th
- Exploring The Bay Area: Lake Chabot Park, Oakland, California Vlog
- Turf Toy On YouTube Brings 3-Wheel Slingshot SL To Oakland California
- Gina Champion-Cain San Diego Businesswoman Gets 15 Years In Prison For $400 Million Ponzi Scheme
- Grand Lake Theater Oakland Staff Fundraiser Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong Press Conference On Weekend Violence 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman Retires After 11 Years. HOF Next? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Rapper RIFF RAFF Partnering With NFT Platform Sweet For NFT Collection For Turquoise Tornado Album
- Julian Edelman Failed Physical – Is This The End For Patriots Great Wide Receiver?
- Scott and Jon Analyze NEW Bucs 7-Round 2021 NFL Mock Draft
- Zennie62Media Helps OUSD And Oakland REACH, Which Ignores Its Oakland News Now For Lesser NY Times
- Daunte Wright Shooting Was Accidental Says Brooklyn Center MN Police Chief, Gun Pulled Not Taser
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft [FULL 1st Round] | CBS Sports HQ
- President Biden White House Issues American Jobs Plan State By State Report
- Drone Aerial Footage Of Downtown Oakland, City Center, Using The DJI MINI