Atlanta – Warrior Met Coal of Alabama is a firm that’s doing well. So well, the media doesn’t report about it in the latest coal news.
While it’s true that there are a number of coal mining firms that are having difficulty, it’s also obvious now, that there’s a kind of mainstream media plot to make everyone think that each and every coal firm and coal industry affiliated company in America is in trouble. From Murray Energy to Arc Coal to Consol Energy, and service providers like Insight Terminal Solutions, examples of media mis-truths abound. In fact, that’s why Insight Terminal Solutions commissioned Zennie62Media: to tell the truth about the coal industry and the Oakland Bulk and Oversized Terminal.
The fact is that China, India, America, Austrialia, and Indonesia are the World’s largest coal producing nations. The question should be how does America maintain its competitive advantage and make the process less emissions producing, while maintaining jobs? But the media today has taken up sides – such policy questions seldom see the light of day. Especially at CNN.
CNN’s Matt Egan wrote “The bankruptcy of Murray Energy puts an exclamation point on the stunning downfall of America’s coal industry. Despite President Donald Trump’s promise to revive coal country, the shift toward natural gas and renewable energy has only accelerated.” That would seem to indicate that CNN is trying to drum up bad news for President Trump, not tell the truth about Warrior Met Coal or the state of the coal industry.
(In fact, that’s true. While Trump hasn’t moved to call for a true, classic, economic development assistance plan for the coal industry, Democrats haven’t advanced any plan that doesn’t include making people jobless in the name of climate change. The answer – a package of subsidies aimed at pension, health care, and labor cost and unemployment aide, coupled with paying for the application of new low-emissions production technology, would work. That we as a United States of America don’t do that opens the door to another issue not focused on here.)
A search for “cnn.com coal”in Google search reveals listing after listing of articles focused on Murray Energy and to an alarming rate. Clearly, as James O’Keefe has revealed in his expose on CNN, the fix is in. One look at the press releases from Warrior Met Coal reveals that.
What Is Warrior Met Coal of Alabama?
What is Warrior Met Coal? Warrior Met Coal, according to its media release, is “a large-scale, low-cost, U.S.-based producer and exporter of premium HCC, operating highly efficient longwall operations in its underground mines located in Alabama. The HCC that Warrior produces from the Blue Creek coal seam contains very low sulfur and has strong coking properties and is of a similar quality to coal referred to as the premium HCC produced in Australia. The premium nature of Warrior’s HCC makes it ideally suited as a base feed coal for steel makers and results in price realizations near the Platts Index price. Warrior sells all its met coal production to steel producers in Europe, South America and Asia. For more information about Warrior, please visit www.warriormetcoal.com.”
It’s news for the year has been fiscally positive, and in October, Warrior Met Coal reported this:
Oct 18, 2019
BROOKWOOD, Ala. – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Warrior Met Coal, Inc. (NYSE:HCC) (“Warrior” or the “Company”) today announced its board of directors has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend of $0.05 per share to be paid on November 4, 2019, to stockholders of record as of the close of business on October 28, 2019.
Warrior Met Coal has issued a quarterly cash dividend each quarter this year. That’s a fact that has gone unreported in the media save for press releases on wire services. And here’s more good news about Warrior Met Coal:
Warrior is the leading dedicated U.S. based producer and exporter of high quality metallurgical (“met”) coal for the global steel industry.
Warrior reported third quarter 2019 net income of $45.0 million, or $0.87 per diluted share, compared to net income of $52.6 million, or $1.00 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2018. Adjusted net income per share for the third quarter of 2019 was $0.79 per diluted share compared to $1.06 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2018. The Company reported Adjusted EBITDA of $82.7 million in the third quarter of 2019, compared to Adjusted EBITDA of $94.1 million in the third quarter of 2018.
“We are pleased with our performance this quarter, even in the face of challenging market conditions impacting revenue and EBITDA,” commented Walt Scheller, CEO of Warrior. “Even with the seasonal steel slowdown in the third quarter, as well as additional macro issues in the global economy significantly impacting pricing we were still able to execute another quarter of strong sales volume along with a significant increase in production volume. Further, we were able to complete two longwall moves during this quarter, which gives us confidence in reiterating our full year sales and production guidance. Warrior continues to have exceptional production, cost, and balance sheet flexibility to thrive in a range of market conditions.”
The Company produced 2.2 million short tons of met coal in the third quarter of 2019, 19.0% more than the amount produced in the third quarter of 2018. Sales volume in the third quarter of 2019 was 2.0 million short tons, a 19.3% increase over the amount sold in the third quarter of 2018.
The American Coal Industry does have its share of problems, but overall, the story is one of transition, not complete collapse. There are more Warrior Met Coal companies out there. And new coal mine facilities are being built around the World, like the UK.
Bookmark Oakland News Now to learn about them.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- A’s + Alameda: Key Points for Howard Terminal Ballpark October 28, 2021
- Zoe in San Francisco | Vlog in the USA | iPhone 13 | Purple Tea💜 October 28, 2021
- Highlights: Preston 0-2 Liverpool | Origi scores an outrageous goal in the Carabao Cup October 28, 2021
- How Ina Garten blew off the Food network October 28, 2021
- Houston Astros dominate Atlanta Braves to even up World Series with strong Game 2 win – US News October 28, 2021
- Atlanta Braves vs Houston Astros Full Highlights – World Series Game 2 – 10/27/2021 October 28, 2021
- LIVE: NBC News NOW – October 28 October 28, 2021
- Biden delays Europe departure to meet with Democratic caucus October 28, 2021
- Should children ages 5 to 11 be vaccinated? Hear from Dr. Fauci October 28, 2021
- Who is Julian Assange and why does the US want to extradite him? – BBC News October 28, 2021
- Professional Baseball Pitcher Tyler Herron Dies At 35 October 28, 2021
- Soyuz 2.1a rocket blasts off from Baikonur with cargo for ISS onboard October 28, 2021
- BREAKING: Sir David Attenborough urges nations to cooperate on climate change October 28, 2021
- Improvements are needed to make the ‘green choice the easy choice’ October 28, 2021
- China’s Climate Envoy Urges Help For Developing Countries Ahead of COP26 October 28, 2021
- Rishi Sunak defends National Insurance hike and meat eating October 28, 2021
- San Francisco honors Fil-Am community heroes | TFC News California, USA October 28, 2021
- NFL Week 8 Preview and Betting Picks October 28, 2021
- Sky News Breakfast: Kay Burley questions the Chancellor about the National Insurance rise October 28, 2021
- 남자 ASMR FOOD SPICY CHINESE FOODS MUKBANG #3340 October 28, 2021
- Rachel Reeves: ‘The issue is who is taxed.’ October 28, 2021
- WOMAN DEAD IN THREE-VEHICLE CRASH ON 3300 GRAND AVENUE [OAKLAND, CA] October 28, 2021
- Keiser Report | Bitcoin is the Language of Diplomacy | E1768 October 28, 2021
- The Undertaker rises from the casket: WWE Royal Rumble 1994 October 28, 2021
- Grizzlies vs. Warriors 10/28/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 28, 2021
- Free NBA Picks Today (Wednesday, Oct 27th) 🏀 | NBA Expert Predictions and Best Odds October 28, 2021
- Houston Rockets vs Utah Jazz 10/28/21 Free NBA Pick and Prediction NBA Betting Tips October 28, 2021
- Next Gen Stats: Expected Rushing Yards Explained October 28, 2021
- Alvin Kamara & Mark Ingram || “Boom & Zoom” || 2017-2018 Highlights October 28, 2021
- Mark Ingram 2020-2021 Highlights October 28, 2021
- DeFouw Chevrolet Celebrates 60 Years 10 25 21 October 28, 2021
- Katie Ledecky explains how chocolate milk helped her win a gold medal l GMA Digital October 28, 2021
- 49ers Botch Trade Offer From Patriots: San Francisco 49ers Morning Show October 28, 2021
- U.S. Developing Hypersonic Weapons in China Challenge: Pentagon October 28, 2021
- Ambidextrous artist wows TikTok with his unique skill l GMA Digital October 28, 2021
- Next Gen Stats: Completion Probability Explained October 28, 2021
- Tribes push back against MLB claims that Native Americans approve of tomahawk chop October 28, 2021
- 5 min easy recipe ||FoOd NeTwOrk ||#fun#mustwatch #fancyfoodlife #foodlove #shorts October 28, 2021
- NBA Top 10 Plays Of The Night | October 27, 2021 October 28, 2021
- Putin speaks at Russia-ASEAN summit [TAPE] October 28, 2021