Stanford’s Dish Trail now has a consumer product named after it called Vrypac Dish Trail. Teka Thomas is the son of an emeritus professor, and grew up near the base of the trail in the Stanford Faculty Residential area.
Last year Thomas’ company, Vrypac, launched an eponymously named backpack for outdoor sports and travel. A small, light, ultra thin bag, it barely alters your side profile.
But what’s the Stanford Dish Trail?
The Stanford Dish Trail, or Stanford Dish Walk, or Stanford Dish Area refers to a kind of hikinh path walkway next to the active Stanford Dish, a radiotelescope.
The Dish is a special area to both Stanford and the surrounding communities, and it serves many purposes.
Academic programs – The Dish itself is a radiotelescope that is still in use. Other research and teaching programs also use the dish area.
Environmental Restoration – Stanford’s Conservation Biology Program is directing a program of environmental restoration in the dish area, which includes use of native grasses and other plants.
Habitat Conservation – Portions of the dish area will be devoted to special efforts to enhance habitat for the California tiger salamander, including the development of new breeding ponds.
Recreation – The Dish is a popular recreational area for hiking and jogging and is open to the public from approximately sunrise to sunset throughout the year.
Vrypac Dish Trail
This summer 2018, Teka Thomas has released the Vrypac Dish Trail version that expands.
“I run the Dish Trail all the time when I visit my folks,” says Vrypac LLC Founder Teka Thomas. “This experience guided me in thinking about the new product. In addition to the basics-wallet, glasses, phone, many often want a 17 oz. water bottle and a long sleeve t-shirt. The convertibility from flat to spacious will add lots of value.” The other obvious change is the addition of the color pink, which Thomas says a number of customers asked for.
“I thought of the needs of a Stanford Dish Trail hike, and added space for a water bottle and a thin, long sleeve t shirt,” says Thomas. “Dish Trail” is now officially trademarked.
The new Vrypac comes in pink or black and is available on Amazon at this link.
This Zennie62Media post sponsored by Vrypac.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland A’s PITCHER Sergio Romo drops his PANTS during inspection by umpire for FOREIGN substances
- City Auditor Pt1 Courtney Ruby, Oakland City Auditor, All About Community, June 8, 2021
- Boxing Keith Thurman Says Pacquiao Fist Feel Like a Rock Spence Better Listen – By Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Upset Milwaukee Bucks 116-113 To Win NBA East Finals Game 1
- Sonic The Hedgehog Celebrates It’s 30th Anniversary As A Franchise, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Hawks Trae Young Shimmy Scores Three vs Bucks NBA Playoffs Game 1 2021
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
Oakland News Now Archives
- California eviction moratorium still in limbo ahead of June 30 expiration – San Francisco Chronicle
- Adams leads in NYC mayoral primary but 2 others have a shot – theday.com
- Giant Crane To Pass Under Golden Gate Bridge En Route To Oakland – Patch.com
- Oakland Police Department using de-escalation simulator to train officers on use of force – California News Times
- Oakland A’s minor-league updates: Who’s making the case for a promotion? – The Mercury News
- Photos: Rally and vigil follows Juneteenth shooting at Lake Merritt – The Oaklandside
- Gwyneth Paltrow Probably Didn’t Write This Guide to What’s Cool and New in SF – Flipboard
- Crystal Teahon Obituary (1941 – 2021) – Cordes Lakes, AZ – Custer County Chief – Legacy.com
- East Bay Assembly candidates lay out LGBTQ plans – Bay Area Reporter, America’s highest circulation LGBT newspaper
- Cruise ships are back in business, but new rules mean changes – CNET