Stanford’s Dish Trail now has a consumer product named after it called Vrypac Dish Trail. Teka Thomas is the son of an emeritus professor, and grew up near the base of the trail in the Stanford Faculty Residential area.
Last year Thomas’ company, Vrypac, launched an eponymously named backpack for outdoor sports and travel. A small, light, ultra thin bag, it barely alters your side profile.
But what’s the Stanford Dish Trail?
The Stanford Dish Trail, or Stanford Dish Walk, or Stanford Dish Area refers to a kind of hikinh path walkway next to the active Stanford Dish, a radiotelescope.
The Dish is a special area to both Stanford and the surrounding communities, and it serves many purposes.
Academic programs – The Dish itself is a radiotelescope that is still in use. Other research and teaching programs also use the dish area.
Environmental Restoration – Stanford’s Conservation Biology Program is directing a program of environmental restoration in the dish area, which includes use of native grasses and other plants.
Habitat Conservation – Portions of the dish area will be devoted to special efforts to enhance habitat for the California tiger salamander, including the development of new breeding ponds.
Recreation – The Dish is a popular recreational area for hiking and jogging and is open to the public from approximately sunrise to sunset throughout the year.
Vrypac Dish Trail
This summer 2018, Teka Thomas has released the Vrypac Dish Trail version that expands.
“I run the Dish Trail all the time when I visit my folks,” says Vrypac LLC Founder Teka Thomas. “This experience guided me in thinking about the new product. In addition to the basics-wallet, glasses, phone, many often want a 17 oz. water bottle and a long sleeve t-shirt. The convertibility from flat to spacious will add lots of value.” The other obvious change is the addition of the color pink, which Thomas says a number of customers asked for.
“I thought of the needs of a Stanford Dish Trail hike, and added space for a water bottle and a thin, long sleeve t shirt,” says Thomas. “Dish Trail” is now officially trademarked.
The new Vrypac comes in pink or black and is available on Amazon at this link.
This Zennie62Media post sponsored by Vrypac.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Just sharing the beauty of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California. Mothers Day 2021.
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared
- Oakland City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas On Mayor Schaaf’s Budget
- Oakland Adams Point Apartment Target Of Would Be Robber Caught-On-Camera Mother’s Day Evening
- Elon Musk Wario – Wario Is Elon Musk On SNL And Vinny Lospinuso Shares His Vlog Thoughts
- Star Trek’s Lt. Uhura Nichelle Nichols On Meeting President Obama
- Happy Mother’s Day, Today, Everyone! Enjoy Your Mom!
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee In Oakland Says Wait Almost Over, Reopens Late May 2021
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021
- Home For Sale At 9124 Lawlor St Oakland, CA
- Medina Sprit Had Steroids, May Lose Kentucky Derby Win, Trainer Bob Baffert Banned
- Jarrett Stidham Vs Mac Jones For Backup To Cam Newton In Auburn Vs Alabama Clash Of Patriots QBs
- Elon Musk Talks About Dogecoin On SNL Weekend Update But Will Market Respond?