Help save The Alley! The Alley Cat Bar, the legendary local landmark at 3325 Grand Avenue in Oakland, and that’s so much a part of Oakland’s history, and is one of a few active piano bars in the World, needs our help to stay open during The Pandemic. The initial fundraising drive brought in $94,000, but $175,000 is needed. And even though the Alley’s open now, and people are visiting, the money is still needed.
So let’s save The Alley!
I, Zennie Abrahan, am a long time patron of The Alley going back to 1997, and non-singer made into a “ham-level” Sinatra singer thanks to the work of the late Rod Dibble, who was the piano player from 1960 to 2016, and best known for The Oakland Song, I am calling on all patrons and fans and lovers of Oakland Culture to pitch-in whatever they can and help my long-time friend, Jackie Simpkins, keep The Alley a going concern, simply by visting.
The Alley Cat Raised Money To Stay Open During The Pandemic
Earlier this year, 2021, The Alley’s current piano player Brian Seet, organized a fundraiser using GoFundMe. The effort raised over $75,000 in one week. You can still help The Alley stay open as its in need of more money to complete government-called-for work – go there now with a click here. Here’s the details on the effort, as he provided:
SAVE OAKLAND’S ALLEY PIANO BAR FROM CLOSING FOREVER!
The Alley Cat Bar Oakland’s story:
The Alley, established in 1933, is an Oakland institution that has survived nine decades of economic ups and downs and remains one of the nation’s last traditional piano bars. Honored in 2016 as a local historic property, The Alley has played host to amateur crooners and famous musicians alike. Performers have included Ella Fitzgerald, Peggy Lee, Merv Griffin, and Lionel Hampton. Countless visitors have passed through the bar’s saloon-style doors over the years, including Dave Brubeck, Greg Allman, Green Day, Steve Bowman from Counting Crows, and Adam Levine from Maroon 5.
The bar has been a “home away from home” for drop-in fans, devoted hard-core regulars, and visitors from around the world who marvel at its uniqueness. It’s the center of a thriving and devoted piano bar community that continues to sing songs from The Great American Songbook, a tradition that was maintained by the late Rodney Dibble, The Alley’s piano player for 50+ years. The Alley was used as a pivotal location for the 2018 film, Blindspotting, featuring Oakland’s Daveed Diggs and Berkeley’s Rafael Casal. It was also used in The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo, Diary of A Teenage Girl, and many music videos as well as on Zennie62 YouTube Channel, which has the most video-blogs from the Alley on YouTube. The Alley is a place of cultural and historical significance that would be a tragedy to lose due to this pandemic.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders Jon Gruden Needs To Handel Players Getting Vaccinated Better By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders: Why Did We Sign Gerald McCoy? When We Had Mo Hurst By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders: Super Fan Carlos Santana Honors Legend Tom Flores By Joseph Armendariz
- Las Vegas Raiders: Raider Fan Max Scherzer Strikes Out 10 Against Hated Astros By Joseph Armendariz
- Oakland Gang Wars – Mutual Places In Oakland Where People Get Caught Lackin
- Jameis Winston Tackling Dummy Drill Video Shows He’s Got Good Balance
- Boxing Tommy Fury Says To Jake Paul Stop Talking And Let’s Fight By Eric Pangilinan
- Las Vegas Raiders Sign All Pro Defense Tackle Gerald McCoy By Eric Pangilinan
- Zennie Abraham 59th Birthday Dinner: Michael Reid At Frank’s At The Old Mill Fayetteville GA
- Zennie Abraham 59th Birthday Dinner: Rib Eye Steak At Frank’s At The Old Mill Fayetteville GA
- Star Trek Formed My Longtime Friendships
- Loretta Devine – Adele On Grey’s Anatomy Talks Blacks and The Oscars
- United States eases past China to begin pursuit of rugby gold | Tokyo Olympics | NBC Sports
- Ben Bartlett And Zennie Abraham Celebrate August 4th 2021 Birthdays On Livestream
- Las Vegas Raiders Would Jon Gruden Trade QB Marcus Mariota To The Colts? By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders QB Derek Carr on 2021 Training Camp – August 4, 2021
- Vern Glenn, KPIX Sports Anchor And Long Time Zennie Abraham Friend Sends Birthday Vlog
- Hanging out on Fruitvale and Foothill in Oakland Ca
- BART Old and New Trains Around Oakland and Berkeley
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train at The Fruitvale Ave Crossing in Oakland CA
Oakland News Now Archives