Visa brings the next generation of digital payments to future National Football League events, helping teams, stadiums and fans go cashless
San Francisco, CA – Visa Inc. (NYSE:V), a partner of the National Football League (NFL) since 1995, today announced a renewed agreement with the NFL to serve as the league’s Official Payment Services Technology Partner through the 2025 season.
The new multi-year National Football League sponsorship deal includes new benefits for Visa cardholders at NFL events and plans to collaborate on the first cashless Super Bowl in the future. The partnership news comes days before the leader in digital payments brings contactless and cashless payment experiences to Super Bowl LIII fans in Atlanta.
“Over the years, we have evolved our relationship with the NFL from a sponsorship to a partnership that provides invaluable payment experiences for fans,” said Lynne Biggar, chief marketing and communications officer, Visa. “Looking ahead, we see a cashless future for NFL fans where events, including future Super Bowls, are digital creating a more secure and seamless payment environment for fans and concessionaires alike.”
Visa Tackling a Cashless Future
For more than 24 years, Visa has provided innovative payment technology to enhance the fan experience at NFL events – whether in-stadium, online or at home. The new agreement aims to not only keep payment experiences that fans have grown to trust from Visa, but take them to the next level. Highlights of the renewed partnership include:
Preferred payment provider across NFL events domestically, including the Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, NFL Draft, and international games
Preferred payment method for ticket sales, concessions and merchandise at NFL Shops at all major global league events
Added benefits specifically for Visa cardholders
Plans to work together to enable a cashless future for NFL events, including Super Bowl
“Visa has been a trusted partner of the NFL since 1995 and we are excited to continue our work with them, especially in the area of implementing cashless capabilities at NFL events which will provide our fans faster, safer and more convenient digital payment options,” said Renie Anderson, Senior Vice President, Partnerships, Sponsorship & Consumer Products for the NFL.
With over a quarter of Americans already cashless, Visa and the NFL will continue to work together to bring that same experience to future Super Bowls. A Super Bowl that accepts only cards and digital payments will enable attendees to pay their way — using a card, mobile or wearable device – and will get them quickly back to their seat and back to the action. To kick off the efforts, Super Bowl LIII will offer more than 30 cashless concessionaires throughout the stadium.
With Visa Tap into New Payment Experiences at Super Bowl LIII
At Super Bowl LIII Visa will increase its presence at multiple NFL Shops leading up to and during the game, including at the stadium, NFL Shop kiosks and two NFL Shops at the Super Bowl Experience in the Georgia World Congress Center. Visa is reinventing the NFL Shop’s checkout by activating a MVP checkout lane that encourages customers to tap to pay with contactless enabled devices (cards, mobile or wearables) to get in and out quickly. Visa will host other activities on-site including an interactive augmented reality demo experience that will give fans the ability to simulate checkout by successfully kicking their items through virtual goalposts.
To provide fans a once in a lifetime opportunity to engage with their favorite athletes, some of Visa’s NFL season commercial campaign stars will surprise shoppers and reprise their roles as contactless payments pros to help customers at the register.
For more information on Visa’s presence at Super Bowl LIII, please visit http://www.visa.com.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Ray Bobbitt Of AASEG Talks WNBA At Oakland Arena Progress
- California Mask Mandate To End June 15 by Eric Pangilinan
- Oakland Black Sports Group Presents WNBA At The Oakland Arena Lease Agreement Term Sheet
- Anti Terrorism Law In The Philippines by Eric Pangilinan
- Petroecuador’s 3,000 Oil Spills In Ecuador Covered Up By Steven Donziger Blame Chevron Game
- Are Super Teams Good For The NBA? By Eric Pangilinan
- Is John Gruden Creating A Negative Culture With The Las Vegas Raiders??
- My First Video I did on the Homeless in Oakland in 2003
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 6.13.21
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 06.13.21
- Upgraded Loft in The heart of Oakland, CA
- San Francisco Courtroom 1 9:00am Monday 6/14
- Oakland Athletics Howard Terminal Ballpark Spreadsheet Shows TIF, Community Revenue Results
- Is Jon Gruden Creating A Negative Culture With The Las Vegas Raiders?? By Eric Pangilinan
- Arden Key Jr
- WALKING DEAD SEASON 11 ENDING
- Phoenix Suns Sweep Denver To Get Western Conference Finals Berth
- Eric Pangilinan Vlogger Zennie62
- Introducing Eric Pangilinan As New Zennie62 Vlogger
- Eric Pangilinanvlogger Zennie62