Visa brings the next generation of digital payments to future National Football League events, helping teams, stadiums and fans go cashless
San Francisco, CA – Visa Inc. (NYSE:V), a partner of the National Football League (NFL) since 1995, today announced a renewed agreement with the NFL to serve as the league’s Official Payment Services Technology Partner through the 2025 season.
The new multi-year National Football League sponsorship deal includes new benefits for Visa cardholders at NFL events and plans to collaborate on the first cashless Super Bowl in the future. The partnership news comes days before the leader in digital payments brings contactless and cashless payment experiences to Super Bowl LIII fans in Atlanta.
“Over the years, we have evolved our relationship with the NFL from a sponsorship to a partnership that provides invaluable payment experiences for fans,” said Lynne Biggar, chief marketing and communications officer, Visa. “Looking ahead, we see a cashless future for NFL fans where events, including future Super Bowls, are digital creating a more secure and seamless payment environment for fans and concessionaires alike.”
Visa Tackling a Cashless Future
For more than 24 years, Visa has provided innovative payment technology to enhance the fan experience at NFL events – whether in-stadium, online or at home. The new agreement aims to not only keep payment experiences that fans have grown to trust from Visa, but take them to the next level. Highlights of the renewed partnership include:
Preferred payment provider across NFL events domestically, including the Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, NFL Draft, and international games
Preferred payment method for ticket sales, concessions and merchandise at NFL Shops at all major global league events
Added benefits specifically for Visa cardholders
Plans to work together to enable a cashless future for NFL events, including Super Bowl
“Visa has been a trusted partner of the NFL since 1995 and we are excited to continue our work with them, especially in the area of implementing cashless capabilities at NFL events which will provide our fans faster, safer and more convenient digital payment options,” said Renie Anderson, Senior Vice President, Partnerships, Sponsorship & Consumer Products for the NFL.
With over a quarter of Americans already cashless, Visa and the NFL will continue to work together to bring that same experience to future Super Bowls. A Super Bowl that accepts only cards and digital payments will enable attendees to pay their way — using a card, mobile or wearable device – and will get them quickly back to their seat and back to the action. To kick off the efforts, Super Bowl LIII will offer more than 30 cashless concessionaires throughout the stadium.
With Visa Tap into New Payment Experiences at Super Bowl LIII
At Super Bowl LIII Visa will increase its presence at multiple NFL Shops leading up to and during the game, including at the stadium, NFL Shop kiosks and two NFL Shops at the Super Bowl Experience in the Georgia World Congress Center. Visa is reinventing the NFL Shop’s checkout by activating a MVP checkout lane that encourages customers to tap to pay with contactless enabled devices (cards, mobile or wearables) to get in and out quickly. Visa will host other activities on-site including an interactive augmented reality demo experience that will give fans the ability to simulate checkout by successfully kicking their items through virtual goalposts.
To provide fans a once in a lifetime opportunity to engage with their favorite athletes, some of Visa’s NFL season commercial campaign stars will surprise shoppers and reprise their roles as contactless payments pros to help customers at the register.
For more information on Visa’s presence at Super Bowl LIII, please visit http://www.visa.com.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021
- Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member on “Democracy and Defending our Civil Rights” September 19, 2021
- Berkeley’s Homeless Crisis with Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member September 19, 2021
- Supervisor Damon Connolly Marin County Expresses Support For The LGBTQ Community September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly wishes CMCM a Happy 10th Anniversary! September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly Marin County Supervisor On Priced Out Podcast September 19, 2021
- SoFi Stadium Tour in Los Angeles: Home of the Rams and Chargers September 19, 2021
- 1783 11th Street Oakland, CA 94607-1435 September 19, 2021
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights September 18, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 19, 2021
- What’s New In iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro By iJustine September 19, 2021
- Breaking Vegas News – Las Vegas Raiders Ticket Prices Crash – Vaccine Rules to Blame? September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Promote Running Back Trey Ragas To The Active Roster By Eric Pangilinan September 18, 2021
- Zennie62 NFL 2021 Season Game Predictions For Week 2 – Livestream Show September 18, 2021
- Neighborhood Tours in Fayetteville GA off Goza Rd September 18, 2021
- 384 Bellevue Ave Home For Sale In Adams Point, Lake Merritt, Oakland September 18, 2021
- Inspiration4 Dragon Side Hatch Open, Crew Comes Out After Splashdown September 18, 2021