Victor McElhaney, the son of our beloved Oakland District Three Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney, was killed in Los Angeles on Sunday, just after midnight. The person or persons who did this are still at large as of this writing. They must be found and brought to justice.
According to reports, Victor McElhaney was in an area of Aams Boulevard and Maple Avenue, located east of the University of Southern California campus. ABC 7 LA wrote “Police say several suspects approached the victim in what appears to be a robbery attempt, fired at him and then fled the scene in a vehicle. The shooting happened just after midnight. He was transported to a local hospital in critical condition and later died.”
CBS LA reports “Authorities said the shooting occurred in a parking lot at Adams Boulevard and Maple Avenue around 12:30 a.m. Three or four men approached McElhaney demanding money. One of the men shot the victim.” Now, how the LAPD came to know that “Three or four men approached McElhaney demanding money” is not known, but indicates that there’s a witness.
A number of tributes have been issued for Victor McElhaney, this young man of Oakland, who transferred to USC to pursue jazz studies in 2017.
I am so sad to learn that a USC student was shot and killed this morning not far off campus.
The Trojan family is hurting 💔 https://t.co/IHbUpQjDvI
— Lauren Day (@LaurenDayNews) March 10, 2019
A supurb talent..
View this post on Instagram
But what is not known is if anyone saw anything connected with the crime done to Victor McElhaney. This post is to get the momentum toward finding those murderers, fast.
LA Police 24-Hour Anonymous Tip Line For Victor McElhaney
If you were in the area of 261 E Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90011, The Los Angeles Police have a 24-Hour Anonymous Tip Line at 1-877-LAPD 24-7 (1-877-527-3247).
What Is The “Hong Kong” In The News Video?
The “Hong Kong” that appears in the news video and looks to be the scene of the crime is Hong Kong Express, located at 261 E Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90011 – in an area called “Historic South-Central”. According to online listings, Hong Kong Express closed at 8 PM and so was not open at the time Victor McElhaney was murdered. The question is, does Hong Kong Express have an outside security camera that may have picked up anything?
One Stop Liquor Is Next To Hong Kong Express
A reader by the name of John Neis on Disqus posted a comment below that read “Hong Kong express is right next to One Stop Liquor which was open”.
In looking up “One Stop Liquor” and “Los Angeles”, there are three such establishments, including the one Mr. Neis is referring called “One Stop Liquor & check cashing” and located at 255 E Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90011. And Mr. Neis was right: the closing time that night was 2 AM. That means there’s a good chance someone saw what happened, even if at a distance – or in the liquor store. Whatever the case, 17 hours ago, someone named “Victor Cruz” posted a Google Review that read “Very dangerous area to be at weather it’s morning or night please be aware stay away.”
Thanks to Google, we now have a full picture of the area of concern:
Photos would seem to place Victor in front of the closed Hong Kong Express. But, contrary to one news media report, this area is not “abandoned”.
This is the map of the area where the crime was committed:
This space will be updated as more information is gathered. Also, look for social-media-based tips, too. Someone may have been in that area and on social media at the time.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared
- Oakland City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas On Mayor Schaaf’s Budget
- Oakland Adams Point Apartment Target Of Would Be Robber Caught-On-Camera Mother’s Day Evening
- Elon Musk Wario – Wario Is Elon Musk On SNL And Vinny Lospinuso Shares His Vlog Thoughts
- Star Trek’s Lt. Uhura Nichelle Nichols On Meeting President Obama
- Happy Mother’s Day, Today, Everyone! Enjoy Your Mom!
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee In Oakland Says Wait Almost Over, Reopens Late May 2021
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021
- Home For Sale At 9124 Lawlor St Oakland, CA
- Medina Sprit Had Steroids, May Lose Kentucky Derby Win, Trainer Bob Baffert Banned
- Jarrett Stidham Vs Mac Jones For Backup To Cam Newton In Auburn Vs Alabama Clash Of Patriots QBs