Victor McElhaney, the son of our beloved Oakland District Three Councilmember Lynette Gibson McElhaney, was killed in Los Angeles on Sunday, just after midnight. The person or persons who did this are still at large as of this writing. They must be found and brought to justice.
According to reports, Victor McElhaney was in an area of Aams Boulevard and Maple Avenue, located east of the University of Southern California campus. ABC 7 LA wrote “Police say several suspects approached the victim in what appears to be a robbery attempt, fired at him and then fled the scene in a vehicle. The shooting happened just after midnight. He was transported to a local hospital in critical condition and later died.”
CBS LA reports “Authorities said the shooting occurred in a parking lot at Adams Boulevard and Maple Avenue around 12:30 a.m. Three or four men approached McElhaney demanding money. One of the men shot the victim.” Now, how the LAPD came to know that “Three or four men approached McElhaney demanding money” is not known, but indicates that there’s a witness.
A number of tributes have been issued for Victor McElhaney, this young man of Oakland, who transferred to USC to pursue jazz studies in 2017.
I am so sad to learn that a USC student was shot and killed this morning not far off campus.
The Trojan family is hurting ? https://t.co/IHbUpQjDvI
— Lauren Day (@LaurenDayNews) March 10, 2019
A supurb talent..
View this post on Instagram
But what is not known is if anyone saw anything connected with the crime done to Victor McElhaney. This post is to get the momentum toward finding those murderers, fast.
LA Police 24-Hour Anonymous Tip Line For Victor McElhaney
If you were in the area of 261 E Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90011, The Los Angeles Police have a 24-Hour Anonymous Tip Line at 1-877-LAPD 24-7 (1-877-527-3247).
What Is The “Hong Kong” In The News Video?
The “Hong Kong” that appears in the news video and looks to be the scene of the crime is Hong Kong Express, located at 261 E Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90011 – in an area called “Historic South-Central”. According to online listings, Hong Kong Express closed at 8 PM and so was not open at the time Victor McElhaney was murdered. The question is, does Hong Kong Express have an outside security camera that may have picked up anything?
One Stop Liquor Is Next To Hong Kong Express
A reader by the name of John Neis on Disqus posted a comment below that read “Hong Kong express is right next to One Stop Liquor which was open”.
In looking up “One Stop Liquor” and “Los Angeles”, there are three such establishments, including the one Mr. Neis is referring called “One Stop Liquor & check cashing” and located at 255 E Adams Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90011. And Mr. Neis was right: the closing time that night was 2 AM. That means there’s a good chance someone saw what happened, even if at a distance – or in the liquor store. Whatever the case, 17 hours ago, someone named “Victor Cruz” posted a Google Review that read “Very dangerous area to be at weather it’s morning or night please be aware stay away.”
Thanks to Google, we now have a full picture of the area of concern:
Photos would seem to place Victor in front of the closed Hong Kong Express. But, contrary to one news media report, this area is not “abandoned”.
This is the map of the area where the crime was committed:
This space will be updated as more information is gathered. Also, look for social-media-based tips, too. Someone may have been in that area and on social media at the time.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Biden Goes All-In to End Deadlock With $1.75 Trillion Blueprint October 28, 2021
- How Will Tapering Impact Markets? October 28, 2021
- “We are trying to win games and make the playoffs” | Dean Pees press conference October 28, 2021
- Abandoned bowling ball factory catches fire in north St. Louis County October 28, 2021
- Global supply chain in crisis October 28, 2021
- Texas approves new congressional district map October 28, 2021
- 8NN En Español: Breve Informativo para 10/28/2021 October 28, 2021
- Fighter Timeline: Glover Teixeira October 28, 2021
- Carrier reports strong earnings, CEO says company will be ‘epicenter for cold chain data.’ October 28, 2021
- Biden unveils revised social spending plan, calling it “transformative” October 28, 2021
- British Guy First Time Reacting To MLB One in a Trillion Plays Compilation (WHAT ?!?!) October 28, 2021
- ABC 10 News San Diego KGTV Latest Headlines | October 28, 11am October 28, 2021
- What can Bibiani Gold Stars bring to the Ghana Premier League in the 2021/2022 season? October 28, 2021
- Solo Brands CEO on IPO: Pandemic created a ‘step up’ for e-commerce success and firepits October 28, 2021
- Tom Brady on the New Orleans Saints: One of the Best Football Teams in the NFL | Press Conference October 28, 2021
- Pittsburgh Steelers Trade Ideas Before NFL Trade Deadline | Odell Beckham Jr. For Alex Highsmith? October 28, 2021
- Final Trades: Porsche, Merck, Amazon & more October 28, 2021
- Jayapal: Progressives ‘Intend To Vote For Both [Infrastructure] Bills’ October 28, 2021
- Raiders Rumors Mailbag: Amik Robertson Could Be Traded? Trade For Eagles OT Andre Dillard? October 28, 2021
- FULL MATCH – John Cena vs. Bobby Lashley – WWE Title Match: WWE Great American Bash 2007 October 28, 2021
- Chicago Bears Trade Rumors: 5 NFL Trade Ideas Feat. Allen Robinson, Robert Quinn & Andre Dillard October 28, 2021
- San Francisco, California – 2019 October 28, 2021
- Big call buying in S&P Biotech (XBI) October 28, 2021
- Free NBA Picks Today | SPURS vs MAVERICKS Predictions (10/28/21) NBA Best Bets and NBA Player Props October 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders SHOULD Trade for These Players! October 28, 2021
- Guy Fieri Tries Kare Kare | Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives | Food Network October 28, 2021
- Omar Gooding on Allegations Against Cuba Gooding Jr. By 22 Women (Part 16) October 28, 2021
- How Michael Mayer fit perfectly with Notre Dame from the start | ND on NBC Podcast | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Chicago Bears host the San Francisco 49ers Game Preview (Week 8) October 28, 2021
- Biden Lays Out Framework For Spending Plan, But Still Needs Democratic Support October 28, 2021
- UFC 267: Pre-fight Press Conference Highlights October 28, 2021
- Chris Simms’ prop bets for Packers vs. Cardinals | Chris Simms Unbuttoned | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Depleted Packers face tall task vs. unbeaten Cardinals | Chris Simms Unbuttoned | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Key Democrats have yet to commit to Biden’s economic plan framework October 28, 2021
- Pres. Biden’s spending framework ‘will likely pass’ by year-end October 28, 2021
- Crypto investing tips: Investors need to recognize risks associated with the asset class: ShoreHaven October 28, 2021
- Sacramento County health officials are giving a COVID briefing October 28, 2021
- Free NBA Picks Today | KNICKS vs BULLS Predictions (10/28/21) NBA Best Bets and NBA Player Props October 28, 2021
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 October 28, 2021
- Starbucks raises wages, Activision Blizzard CEO details pay cut, Third Point buys stake in Shell October 28, 2021