The Vanessa Hudgens Sandwich was once one of the celebrity meals of choice in Uptown Oakland.
Vanessa Hudgens, the famous Salinas, California-born singer and actress best known for Gabriella Montez in the High School Musical film series, was on Live With Kelly And Ryan, this morning.
Vanessa Anne Hudgens is known for a lot of things, from her Hollywood Records contract to her first album going gold, to her current role in the movie Second Act with Jennifer Lopez.
On ABC’s Live With Kelly And Ryan, Hudgens sported a holiday sweater in the spirit of Christmas that read “Get Lit,” and talked about Second Act, where she plays “Zoe,” a seemingly ruthless corporate executive and rival to Lopez as “Maya.” “I love J-Lo, and wanted to say (to her character self) “You don’t say that to Jennifer Lopez!”
But, with all of her head-line-grabbing activities, there’s one fact that, before today, has done without note: she is the focus of a sandwich at Ike’s Love and Sandwiches store at 2204 Broadway in Uptown Oakland.
The Vanessa Hudgens Sandwich at Ike’s Love and Sandwiches
The Vanessa Hudgens Sandwich has Halal chicken, BBQ sauce and cheddar, and served with dirty sauce, lettuce and tomato.
The Vanessa Hudgens Sandwich was her only tie to Oakland. So, this makes for a great trivia question at The Alley at 3325 Grand Avenue: what was Vanessa Hudgens best known for in Oakland? Answer: The Vanessa Hudgens Sandwich!
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders: Running BackTrey Ragas Waived By The Raiders But Why? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- Three earthquakes near Charleston, South Carolina September 28, 2021
- Home For Sale At 6690 Outlook Ave Oakland, CA 94605 September 28, 2021
- John Guillory Stars In What Happened to the Black People in Oakland? Part One September 28, 2021
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 09.26.21 September 28, 2021
- FISHER BLOCK PARTY – Oakland 2021 – 4K September 28, 2021
- Fisher block party (Oakland) 9/25/21 September 28, 2021
- Fisher Block Party Oakland Live Technomusic Experience September 28, 2021
- Britney Spears’ Dad Allegedly Bugged Her Phone and Home September 27, 2021
- Why Jamie Lynn Spears Isn’t As Innocent As She Claims September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquakes – Dr Wendy Rocks Explains Why They Happened Today September 27, 2021
- Parents deny involvement in Brian Laundrie’s disappearance as FBI continues search September 27, 2021
- Howard Terminal Update – Oakland Doesn’t Need Alameda County For TIF, Loren Taylor Town Hall Tonight September 27, 2021
- Coach Gruden Presser | 9.27.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 27, 2021
- Bay Area Transparency Clashes With Oakland Police At Public Works Annex, Again September 27, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Is QB Derek Carr Leading In The MVP Race Right Now? By Eric Pangilinan September 27, 2021
- Oakland Police YouTube Video – Meet Deputy Chief Drennon Lindsey September 27, 2021
- KTVU’s Dave Clark Reports Sideshow Draws 70 Spectators in Oakland September 27, 2021
- Oakland Dynamites (8U) Big Play Highlights – 09.25.21 September 27, 2021
- With Double Slaying Sunday, Oakland Marks 102 Homicides So Far in 2021 September 27, 2021
- Rapper R Kelly Guilty Of Racketeering Sex Trafficking And Assault Expected To Get Decades In Jail September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquake Today | Magnitude 3.1 earthquake Near Summerville, North Charleston September 27, 2021
- Crete earthquake – Brit tourists terrified as mag-6 quake rocks Greek island September 27, 2021
- WorldView: Earthquake hits Greece; Volcano erupts in Spain’s Canary Islands September 27, 2021
- Magnitude 5.8 earthquake strikes the Greek island of Crete September 27, 2021