Hair Salons, Barbershops May Open Indoors; Operations of Other Lower-Risk Personal Services Remains Only Outdoors
Oakland – On Wednesday, September 2, the Alameda County Public Health Official issued updated Health Orders. Effective Friday, September 4, the Orders allow:
Hair salons and barbershops to operate indoors
Outdoor dance classes as part of outdoor non-contact fitness classes
Mini-golf, batting cages, driving ranges, and kart racing, as allowed by the State’s Family Entertainment Center Guidance
Retail stores may operate indoors at a 25% capacity limit
Grocery stores may operate indoors with a 50% capacity limit
Nail, Non-Medical Massages, Skin Care and Waxing Services may only operate outdoors. Shared play structures continue to be closed, including bounce houses, ball pits and playgrounds.
Other activities that may be allowed in the Purple Tier by the State are still not permitted in Alameda County at this time. For a roster of allowed business activities, please view Alameda County Openings at a Glance
To help Alameda County move to a less restrictive tier, please wear a mask in public, wash your hands regularly, keep at least six feet of physical distance when in public, and limit mixing with people outside your household.
The Alameda County Public Health Department encourages residents and businesses to adjust activities and plans as needed in response to changes in air quality during wildfire season. When air quality is poor, residents should stay inside when possible with doors and windows shut. For air quality updates and forecasts, visit the Bay Area Air Quality Management District or AirNow.gov.
To assist businesses allowed to only reopen with outdoor services – such as nail, non-medical massage, skin care and waxing services – under the County Health Orders, the City of Oakland has waived all fees and streamlined permitting for business’ use of public rights-of-way under the Flex Streets program.
Flex Streets allows businesses to expand allowed business activities outdoors in five ways:
Use the Sidewalks or Parking Lanes
Use Traffic Lanes
Use Private Parking Lots or Other Private Outdoor Areas
Vend from Food Trucks, Trailers or Pushcarts
Use City-owned Outdoor Property
See step-by-step instructions for each of these five uses at: www.oaklandca.gov/FlexStreets
The important step is to apply for the permit before you start using the outdoor space, even for privately owned or leased outdoor spaces – including parking lots. Businesses are reminded to review the ADA Accessibility Guidelines for the Flex Streets Program for important details on sidewalk clearances and accessible table requirements.
Businesses seeking guidance on Alameda County guidelines for re-opening should email [email protected]
Businesses and activities authorized under previous orders may continue to operate.
The Alameda County Health Officer continuously monitors the COVID-19 indicators to determine when it’s safe to lift more restrictions.
Other Re-opening Resources
Visit the City’s Planning Resources for Business Re-Opening website for the latest information on resources to support re-opening, including:
Alameda County Public Health Department’s Guidance on Not Requiring Negative COVID-19 Test Results for Return to Work
County screening guidance for employers in multiple languages
Self-assessment guidance for workers in multiple languages
Information on cleaning/disinfecting businesses
A printable face covering sign for businesses in eight languages
ReOpening Guide signs by the Oakland Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Oaklandish and the Economic Recovery Advisory Council, in four languages.
Business Re-opening & Recovery Survey
To help gauge COVID-19 impacts to Oakland business and what resources would help business owners as they plan for re-opening and recovery, the City has launched a brief Business Re-opening and Recovery Survey. The survey launched in English and additional languages will be added by Wednesday.
Post based on press release sent to Zennie62Media from The City of Oakland.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery