New film is based on the incredible life story of champion wrestler Anthony Robles.
LOS ANGELES – Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia’s Seven Bucks Productions has partnered with 101 Studios, A Really Good Home Pictures, Coonskin Cap Productions and Gary Lewis to produce Unstoppable, the inspiring true-life story of sports hero Anthony Robles.
The one-of-a-kind drama follows Robles who, despite being born with only one leg to a single-parent family on the wrong side of the tracks, overcame every obstacle to become an undefeated collegiate wrestling star, three-time All-American, 2011 NCAA National Champion, two-time ESPY Award winner and a National Wrestling Hall of Fame inductee.
“Words cannot express how honored I am to have my story made into a film,” Anthony Robles said. “Because I was born missing my leg, my entire life I’ve had to deal with people having low expectations of me. When I got into wrestling, most people thought it was impossible for me to become even an average wrestler. I’m hopeful that people who see Unstoppable will walk away believing that you should never let your challenges define you. If you have a goal, go after it with everything you’ve got. Nothing is impossible.”
“Our entire Seven Bucks team is passionate about sharing stories that inspire and resonate on a global scale. We’ve had an eye on Anthony’s story for a long time and have been deeply moved by his perseverance that proves nothing is impossible. The powerful themes of redemption and tackling life’s obstacles are very familiar to us, we are excited to bring this triumphant underdog story to life,” said Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia, co-founders of Seven Bucks Productions.
“Anthony’s story is really special and reveals the passion, determination and fearlessness needed to overcome challenges,” said Hiram Garcia, President of Production at Seven Bucks Productions. “Investing in the right stories with universal appeal is a huge priority for us at Seven Bucks, but more importantly, we want to share stories like Anthony’s that motivate the world.”
“Unstoppable is a film that 101 Studios is so proud to be a part of,” said 101 Studios CEO David Glasser. “We were moved and inspired by Anthony’s triumphs on the mat, but—even more so—his triumphs of spirit and determination in his personal life. Unstoppable embodies the types of films that we want to bring to the screen: films that resonate universally because of their power to connect with audiences.”
Unstoppable will be produced by Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia for Seven Bucks Productions, Andy Fraser for A Really Good Home Pictures, David Crockett for Coonskin Cap Productions, and Gary Lewis. The film will be executive produced by Bob Yari.
Written by John Hindman, the script for the new film is based on Robles’ moving memoir (written with Austin Murphy), Unstoppable: From Underdog to Undefeated: How I Became a Champion, published in 2012 by Penguin imprint Gotham Books.
“We’re thrilled to have 101 Studios and Seven Bucks as partners in bringing Anthony’s remarkable story to the big screen,” Fraser said. “Working with such a great team, we couldn’t be more excited to realize the promise of John Hindman’s script and to hopefully inspire audiences for many years to come.”
Crockett, Fraser and UTA’s Rena Ronson sold the project to 101 Studios with help from Nicole Compas with Ramo Law. Brokering the deal were David Glasser and James Allen, represented by Leif Cervantes de Reinstein of Sheppard Mullin.
The cast for Unstoppable has yet to be announced.
About 101 Studios:
101 Studios is a global entertainment company dedicated to the acquisition, financing, development, production and distribution of high-caliber, creator-driven storytelling. Formed by veteran film and television executives David Glasser and David Hutkin in 2019, the studio empowers content creators through first-class collaboration and innovation. Inaugural releases include Alfonso Gomez-Rejon’s The Current War, featuring Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon, Burden featuring Forest Whitaker and Garrett Hedlund and Taylor Sheridan’s modern-day western series for Paramount Network Yellowstone, starring Kevin Costner.
About Seven Bucks Productions:
Co-founded by Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia, Seven Bucks Productions is a multi-platform production company pioneering original content for television, film, emerging technologies, and digital networks. Crossing all entertainment verticals, Seven Bucks Productions creates innovative content rooted in authenticity, strong storytelling and passion.
Seven Bucks Productions has an ever-expanding slate including tent-pole movies such as Disney’s Jungle Cruise, Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and Jumanji: The Next Level, Warner Brothers The King and Netflix’s Red Notice and John Henry and The Statesmen, Universal’s Hobbs and Shaw, Legendary’s Skyscraper and New Line’s Rampage among others. The company also produces original television programming including HBO’s “Ballers,” NBC’s “The Titan Games,” BET’s “Finding Justice,” Paramount Network’s “Rock the Troops” and HBO Documentary Films’ “Rock and a Hard Place.”
A Really Good Home Pictures
A Really Good Home Pictures (ARGH) is an independent entertainment production company that develops and produces an eclectic slate of film, television, and new media projects. ARGH consists of veteran film executive & indie producer Andy Fraser, and his partner Katie Politanoff. Their most recent feature was God Bless The Broken Road, released in the Fall of 2018 on more than 1,200 screens for Entertainment Studios, and their next will be UNSTOPPABLE for 101 Studios, in partnership with Seven Bucks and Coonskin Cap Productions.
Coonskin Cap Productions
Coonskin Cap Productions in an independent film and television production company formed in 2006 by film producer David Crockett. Coonskin Cap is dedicated to partnering with highly accomplished writers and directors (e.g., Ben Affleck, Julian Fellowes, Gore Verbinski, Rupert Wyatt) to bring meaningful and entertaining content to the big and small screen.
Press release sent to Zennie62Media.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Nba Time For The 76ers To Trade Ben Simmons- By Eric Pangilinan
- Maria Ayerdi Kaplan: Salesforce Transit Center Should Have Her Statue In Front Of It, Marc Beinoff
- Dave Kaval Headed Back To Las Vegas, After The Howard Terminal City Of Oakland Alameda County Fiasco
- What Atlanta 1 Step From NBA Finals 1 Year After Donald Trump, Rayshard Brooks, The Pandemic, Means
- Atlanta Hawks Shock Philadelphia 76ers 103 – 96 – Off To 2021 Eastern Conference Finals
- Louis Riddick Says Raiders Issue Always Been Defense Not Derek Carr – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Errol Spence Jr Belives He Is The big Dog- By Eric Pangilinan
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By – Eric Pangilinan
- Philippines Orders Biggest Doese Of Covid Vaccine
- Nba Western Conference Finals Devin Booker Shines By- Eric Pangilinan
- Deep Dish Pizza – Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria Classic Style At Uptown Plaza, Phoenix, 100 E Camelback Rd
- Gus Bradley Putting In New Defense System For The Raiders By- Eric Pangilinan
- 2021 Juneteenth Shooting At Oakland Lake Merritt Shows Some Black Kids Don’t Value Black Life – Our Fault
- Juneteenth Lake Merritt Shooting: Oakland City Council’s Nikki Fortunado Bas, Carroll Fife Statement
- Kumasi Aaron Of ABC 7 At Juneteenth Jubilee Oakland, Produced By Oakland City Council’s Loren Taylor
- Juneteenth Walk Down Broadway In Oakland Brings Back Memories For Instagram Poster
- 1 dead, others injured after shots fired at Lake Merritt
- Brooklyn Loses NBA Playoffs Game 7 To Milwalkee 115 – 111 Kevin Durant Reverts To Warriors Time
- NBA Super Teams Dont Win Right Away By- Eric Pangilinan
- Kevin Durant Is God Reaction – Hits Tie Shot To Send Game 7 Vs Bucks To Overtime