New film is based on the incredible life story of champion wrestler Anthony Robles.
LOS ANGELES – Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia’s Seven Bucks Productions has partnered with 101 Studios, A Really Good Home Pictures, Coonskin Cap Productions and Gary Lewis to produce Unstoppable, the inspiring true-life story of sports hero Anthony Robles.
The one-of-a-kind drama follows Robles who, despite being born with only one leg to a single-parent family on the wrong side of the tracks, overcame every obstacle to become an undefeated collegiate wrestling star, three-time All-American, 2011 NCAA National Champion, two-time ESPY Award winner and a National Wrestling Hall of Fame inductee.
“Words cannot express how honored I am to have my story made into a film,” Anthony Robles said. “Because I was born missing my leg, my entire life I’ve had to deal with people having low expectations of me. When I got into wrestling, most people thought it was impossible for me to become even an average wrestler. I’m hopeful that people who see Unstoppable will walk away believing that you should never let your challenges define you. If you have a goal, go after it with everything you’ve got. Nothing is impossible.”
“Our entire Seven Bucks team is passionate about sharing stories that inspire and resonate on a global scale. We’ve had an eye on Anthony’s story for a long time and have been deeply moved by his perseverance that proves nothing is impossible. The powerful themes of redemption and tackling life’s obstacles are very familiar to us, we are excited to bring this triumphant underdog story to life,” said Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia, co-founders of Seven Bucks Productions.
“Anthony’s story is really special and reveals the passion, determination and fearlessness needed to overcome challenges,” said Hiram Garcia, President of Production at Seven Bucks Productions. “Investing in the right stories with universal appeal is a huge priority for us at Seven Bucks, but more importantly, we want to share stories like Anthony’s that motivate the world.”
“Unstoppable is a film that 101 Studios is so proud to be a part of,” said 101 Studios CEO David Glasser. “We were moved and inspired by Anthony’s triumphs on the mat, but—even more so—his triumphs of spirit and determination in his personal life. Unstoppable embodies the types of films that we want to bring to the screen: films that resonate universally because of their power to connect with audiences.”
Unstoppable will be produced by Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia and Hiram Garcia for Seven Bucks Productions, Andy Fraser for A Really Good Home Pictures, David Crockett for Coonskin Cap Productions, and Gary Lewis. The film will be executive produced by Bob Yari.
Written by John Hindman, the script for the new film is based on Robles’ moving memoir (written with Austin Murphy), Unstoppable: From Underdog to Undefeated: How I Became a Champion, published in 2012 by Penguin imprint Gotham Books.
“We’re thrilled to have 101 Studios and Seven Bucks as partners in bringing Anthony’s remarkable story to the big screen,” Fraser said. “Working with such a great team, we couldn’t be more excited to realize the promise of John Hindman’s script and to hopefully inspire audiences for many years to come.”
Crockett, Fraser and UTA’s Rena Ronson sold the project to 101 Studios with help from Nicole Compas with Ramo Law. Brokering the deal were David Glasser and James Allen, represented by Leif Cervantes de Reinstein of Sheppard Mullin.
The cast for Unstoppable has yet to be announced.
About 101 Studios:
101 Studios is a global entertainment company dedicated to the acquisition, financing, development, production and distribution of high-caliber, creator-driven storytelling. Formed by veteran film and television executives David Glasser and David Hutkin in 2019, the studio empowers content creators through first-class collaboration and innovation. Inaugural releases include Alfonso Gomez-Rejon’s The Current War, featuring Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Shannon, Burden featuring Forest Whitaker and Garrett Hedlund and Taylor Sheridan’s modern-day western series for Paramount Network Yellowstone, starring Kevin Costner.
About Seven Bucks Productions:
Co-founded by Dwayne Johnson and Dany Garcia, Seven Bucks Productions is a multi-platform production company pioneering original content for television, film, emerging technologies, and digital networks. Crossing all entertainment verticals, Seven Bucks Productions creates innovative content rooted in authenticity, strong storytelling and passion.
Seven Bucks Productions has an ever-expanding slate including tent-pole movies such as Disney’s Jungle Cruise, Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle and Jumanji: The Next Level, Warner Brothers The King and Netflix’s Red Notice and John Henry and The Statesmen, Universal’s Hobbs and Shaw, Legendary’s Skyscraper and New Line’s Rampage among others. The company also produces original television programming including HBO’s “Ballers,” NBC’s “The Titan Games,” BET’s “Finding Justice,” Paramount Network’s “Rock the Troops” and HBO Documentary Films’ “Rock and a Hard Place.”
A Really Good Home Pictures
A Really Good Home Pictures (ARGH) is an independent entertainment production company that develops and produces an eclectic slate of film, television, and new media projects. ARGH consists of veteran film executive & indie producer Andy Fraser, and his partner Katie Politanoff. Their most recent feature was God Bless The Broken Road, released in the Fall of 2018 on more than 1,200 screens for Entertainment Studios, and their next will be UNSTOPPABLE for 101 Studios, in partnership with Seven Bucks and Coonskin Cap Productions.
Coonskin Cap Productions
Coonskin Cap Productions in an independent film and television production company formed in 2006 by film producer David Crockett. Coonskin Cap is dedicated to partnering with highly accomplished writers and directors (e.g., Ben Affleck, Julian Fellowes, Gore Verbinski, Rupert Wyatt) to bring meaningful and entertaining content to the big and small screen.
Press release sent to Zennie62Media.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- AC Transit plows into Oakland home after being hit by stolen car: CHP October 16, 2021
- Dusty Baker Compares Jose Altuve & Carlos Correa to Tom Brady & Rob Gronkowski After ALCS Game 1 Win October 16, 2021
- My $2000 Las Vegas Apartment (FULL TOUR) October 16, 2021
- Pompsie Las Vegas Vlogger Gives Tour Of His $2000 Las Vegas Apartment October 16, 2021
- Mountain View Castro Street Closure Seen as Pandemic Perk October 16, 2021
- Smoke Effect Template | CSK Mass Status Black Screen Template | Luna Tech Tamil | New Templates October 16, 2021
- Red Sox vs Astros Game 1 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 16, 2021
- 41 Points in 30 Minutes?! Stephen Curry Got Buckets on Warriors Ground | Oct. 15, 2021 October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Will Greg Olson Play Calling Produce 1st Quarter Results? By Joseph Armendariz October 16, 2021
- Stephen Curry with an AMAZING Dribbling Move! | Oct. 15, 2021 vs. Trail Blazers October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Ziggy Stardust” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Pretty In Pink” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “American Girl” October 15, 2021
- 49ers Friday: Bye Week Special October 15, 2021
- Steph & Curtis’s Pregame Routine is BACK! | #shorts October 15, 2021
- Peralta College Board Unanimously Extends Chancellor Jannett Jackson’s Contract October 15, 2021
- Witness Claims Oakland Police Searching for Wrong Car in Road Rage Homicide October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Greg Olson Be A Better Play Caller Then Jon Gruden? By Eric Pangilinan October 15, 2021
- Fentanyl Alert!!! Looks Like Chewing Gum by Derrick Soo October 15, 2021
- Video of suspect vehicle in Oakland road rage shooting that left teen dead October 15, 2021
- 245 Perkins St 34 Oakland, CA 94610 October 15, 2021
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting, October 7th 2021. October 15, 2021
- Why I’m leaving Oakland, California. Pt.1 October 15, 2021
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 10.17.21 October 15, 2021
- 5800 Nottingham Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 15, 2021
- Raiders Rumors Mailbag: Hire Jack Del Rio As Next Raiders Head Coach? Start Jimmy Morrissey? October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Rumors: Xavien Howard Trade? Nick Bosa, Deebo Samuel Contract Extension| Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Latest San Francisco 49ers News With Matt Maiocco October 15, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Giants NLDS Game 5 Highlights (10/14/21) | MLB Highlights October 15, 2021
- NFL News: Leaked Emails Link NFL Attorney Jeff Pash To Bruce Allen Cover Up By Joseph Armendariz October 15, 2021