Oakland News Now – 🇺🇸 United States of America – President Addresses UN General Debate, 76th Session (English) | #UNGA – video made by the YouTube channel with the logo in the video’s upper left hand corner. OaklandNewsNow.com is the original blog post for this type of video-blog content.
Joe Biden, President of the United States of America addresses the general debate of the 76th Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations (New York, 21-27 September 2021).
“US military power must be our tool of last resort, not our first,” United States President Joe Biden told world leaders at the UN General Assembly adding in “today, many of our greatest concerns cannot be solved or even addressed through the force of arms.”
The US is focused on the future and “instead of continuing to fight the wars of the past, we are fixing our eyes on devoting our resources to the challenges that hold the keys to our collective future,” Biden said at the 76th gathering of world leaders in New York.
In those challenges, Biden counted the COVID-19 pandemic, climate crisis, “managing the shifts in global power dynamics, shaping the rules of the world on vital issues like trade, cyber and emerging technologies and facing the threat of terrorism, as it stands today.”
Making a case for multilateralism, the US President said “It is a fundamental truth of the 21st century, within each of our countries and as a global community, that our own success is bound up in other succeeding as well. To deliver for our own people we must also engage deeply with the rest of the world to ensure that our own future must work together with other partners, our partners toward a shared future. Our security, our prosperity, and our very freedoms are interconnected, in my view is never before.”
“I believe we must work together as never before,” Biden said.
He stressed that “the United States will continue to defend ourselves, our allies and our interest against attack, including terrorist threats, as we prepare to use force, if any is necessary but to defend our vital US national interest, including against ongoing and imminent threats.”
Biden outlined the conditions for future engagements: “the mission must be clear and achievable undertaking with informed consent of the American people, and whenever possible, in partnership with our allies.”
He also said “we reserve the right to respond decisively to cyber-attacks that threaten our people, our allies and our interest. We will pursue new rules of global trade and economic growth, to strive to level the playing field, so that is not artificially tipped in favor of any one country at the expense of others. And every nation has right and opportunity to compete fairly.”
On Iran, the US President said his country “remains committed to preventing Iran from gaining nuclear weapon” by working with the P5+1 group of countries (US UK, France, Russian Federation and China plus Germany) “to engage Iran diplomatically and seek to return to JCPOA. We’re prepared to return to full compliance if Iran does the same.”
With the US out of Afghanistan war, it is the first time in twenty years for the US President to stand in front of the General Assembly “with United States not at war,” Biden remarked.
“We’ve turned the page,” he said. “All the unmatched strength, energy and commitment, will and resources of our nation are now fully and squarely focused on what’s ahead of us. Not what was behind.”
US President ended saying “I know this: as we look ahead, we will lead. We will lead on all the greatest challenges of our time – from COVID to climate, peace and security, human dignity and human rights – but we will not go alone. We will lead together with our allies and partners and in cooperation with all those who believe as we do that this is within our power, to meet these challenges.”
The UN General Assembly (UNGA) is the main policy-making organ of the Organization. Comprising all Member States, it provides a unique forum for multilateral discussion of the full spectrum of international issues covered by the Charter of the United Nations. Each of the 193 Member States of the United Nations has an equal vote.
The United Nations is an international organization founded in 1945. Currently made up of 193 Member States, the UN and its work are guided by the purposes and principles contained in its founding Charter.
The UN has evolved over the years to keep pace with a rapidly changing world.
But one thing has stayed the same: it remains the one place on Earth where all the world’s nations can gather together, discuss common problems, and find shared solutions that benefit all of humanity.
General debate website: https://ift.tt/3ClefWU
Screenshot: UN Photo/Cia Pak
شاهد هذا الفيديو باللغة العربية على موقعنا
请在联合国网络电视（UN Web TV）观看中文版视频
Regardez cette vidéo en français sur UN Web TV
Vean este video en español en UN Web TV
Смотрите это видео на русском на UN Web TV
#UNGA #UnitedNations #UnitedStatesOfAmerica
Note from Zennie62Media and OaklandNewsNow.com : this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a YouTube channel. When the video is “liked” by Zennie62 YouTube, then it is automatically uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective here, on top of our is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours – is the use of the existing YouTube social graph on any subject in the World. Now, news is reported with a smartphone and also by promoting current content on YouTube: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary, or having a camera crew to shoot what is already on YouTube. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Braves vs Astros Game 2 World Series Highlights | MLB 2021 October 28, 2021
- Ja Giving Exception Directions to Teammates 🗣 | #shorts October 27, 2021
- Cal Football: Chase Garbers Press Conference (10.27.21) October 27, 2021
- Stacey Abrams: ‘Terry McAuliffe Believes In Democracy’ October 27, 2021
- Australian Braves fan unable to attend World Series due to country’s pandemic border closure October 27, 2021
- Cal Football: Bill Musgrave Press Conference (10.27.21) October 27, 2021
- Cal Football: Peter Sirmon Press Conference (10.27.21) October 27, 2021
- Packers vs. Cardinals 10/28/21 FREE NFL Picks and Predictions on NFL Betting Tips for Today October 27, 2021
- Arizona Cardinals vs Green Bay Packers 10/28/21 NFL Pick and Prediction NFL Week 8 Picks October 27, 2021
- Oakland police October 27, 2021
- Karl-Anthony Towns Angry after His Own Teammate Bumps into Him for the Rebound October 27, 2021
- Breast Cancer Awareness: Sutter Health doctor creates sensation preserving mastectomy technique October 27, 2021
- Oceanside proposes rock groins for sand retention, mayor against it October 27, 2021
- HORNETS at MAGIC | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | October 27, 2021 October 27, 2021
- Cal Football: Justin Wilcox Press Conference (10.27.21) October 27, 2021
- Houston Astros vs Atlanta Braves VOL 6 | World Series – Game 2 | MLB 2021 October 27, 2021
- Mutated Godzilla Goes WILD In Japan October 27, 2021
- Collin Sexton Absolutely DESTROYS Nicolas Batum With a POSTER DUNK 👀 October 27, 2021
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 – Terdengar Ganas October 27, 2021
- Nouveautés Adobe, Facebook Papers, CES Las Vegas…La Quotidienne des Nums [27/10/2021] October 27, 2021
- Former President Trump reportedly attending game 4 of World Series in Atlanta October 27, 2021
- HEAT at NETS | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | October 27, 2021 October 27, 2021
- Karl-Anthony Towns: “I Think Fans Get the Wrong Impression” October 27, 2021
- Joy Reid Critiques Facebook For Reportedly Allowing Right Wing Misinformation To Thrive October 27, 2021
- 4 Defenders Still Can’t Stop The Giannis Self-Oop! 🤯 October 27, 2021
- Fact or Fiction: Should you change your voicemail if you get lost with no cell service? October 27, 2021
- Suspect in attempted kidnapping in Arden-Arcade appears in court October 27, 2021
- Gas prices will continue to climb October 27, 2021
- Gustav Klimt’s Mysterious Painting Centerpiece of New Rome Art Exhibit October 27, 2021
- 남자 ASMR FOOD SPICY CHINESE FOODS MUKBANG #3339 October 27, 2021
- Jose Altuve’s HISTORIC homer extends Astros lead! (Hit 22nd career postseason HR, 2nd most EVER!) October 27, 2021
- Giannis Antetokounmpo 40 PTS 16 REB 7 AST Full Highlights vs Timberwolves – October 27, 2021 October 27, 2021
- 2021 World Series Game Highlight Commentary | Game 1 | Atlanta Braves vs Houston Astros October 27, 2021
- 4 Defenders Can’t Stop The Giannis Self-Oop! 🤯 October 27, 2021
- Rep. Adam Schiff: GOP Is Now An Anti-Truth, Anti-Democratic Cult Of Former President October 27, 2021
- Atlanta Braves vs Houston Astros Part1 Highlights | World Series – Game 1 | MLB 2021 October 27, 2021
- LAKERS at THUNDER | FULL GAME HIGHLIGHTS | October 27, 2021 October 27, 2021
- Los Angeles Lakers vs Oklahoma City Thunder – Full Game Highlights | October 27, 2021 NBA Season October 27, 2021
- Dem. Virginia Governor Candidate Terry McAuliffe Calls GOP Opponent Youngkin ‘Dangerous’ October 27, 2021
- Cousin of TikTok star accused of murder speaks October 27, 2021