A United Airlines passenger faces 21 years for assault on a United flight attendant.
LOS ANGELES (DOJ release) – A United Airlines flight from Melbourne to Los Angeles International Airport was the scene as Adau Akui Atem Mornyang, an Australian woman, assaulted a flight attendant earlier this year. Now, Adau Akui Atem Mornyang has been found guilty of federal charges.
, a 24 year old fashion model of Victoria, Australia, was convicted on Thursday in relation to a January 21 incident in which she appeared to be intoxicated and was verbally and physically abusive to personnel and other passengers during the flight. The jury found Mornyang guilty of a felony charge of interference with a flight crew and a misdemeanor assault count.
According to the evidence presented at trial, several hours into the flight, passengers approached a flight attendant to complain about Mornyang’s disruptive behavior, which included flailing her arms and yelling obscenities and racial slurs.
When the United Airlines flight attendant went to assess the situation, Mornyang began to shout at the flight attendant and then slapped him across his face. The flight attendant attempted to restrain Mornyang until federal air marshals could assist. The federal air marshals were forced to stay with Mornyang in the rear galley of the plane for the remainder of the flight.
Mornyang is scheduled to be sentenced in Los Angeles on June 24 2019 in the court of United States District Judge Cormac J. Carney. As a result of the guilty verdicts returned on March 14, Mornyang faces a statutory maximum sentence of 21 years in federal prison.
This case was investigated by the FBI, which received assistance from the Federal Air Marshals and the Los Angeles Airport Police Department.
The case against Mornyang is being prosecuted Assistant United States Attorneys MiRi Song and Kevin Reidy of the General Crimes Section.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Chicago Bears Trade Rumors: 5 NFL Trade Ideas Feat. Allen Robinson, Robert Quinn & Andre Dillard October 28, 2021
- San Francisco, California – 2019 October 28, 2021
- Big call buying in S&P Biotech (XBI) October 28, 2021
- Free NBA Picks Today | SPURS vs MAVERICKS Predictions (10/28/21) NBA Best Bets and NBA Player Props October 28, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders SHOULD Trade for These Players! October 28, 2021
- Guy Fieri Tries Kare Kare | Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives | Food Network October 28, 2021
- Omar Gooding on Allegations Against Cuba Gooding Jr. By 22 Women (Part 16) October 28, 2021
- How Michael Mayer fit perfectly with Notre Dame from the start | ND on NBC Podcast | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Chicago Bears host the San Francisco 49ers Game Preview (Week 8) October 28, 2021
- Biden Lays Out Framework For Spending Plan, But Still Needs Democratic Support October 28, 2021
- UFC 267: Pre-fight Press Conference Highlights October 28, 2021
- Chris Simms’ prop bets for Packers vs. Cardinals | Chris Simms Unbuttoned | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Depleted Packers face tall task vs. unbeaten Cardinals | Chris Simms Unbuttoned | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Key Democrats have yet to commit to Biden’s economic plan framework October 28, 2021
- Pres. Biden’s spending framework ‘will likely pass’ by year-end October 28, 2021
- Crypto investing tips: Investors need to recognize risks associated with the asset class: ShoreHaven October 28, 2021
- Sacramento County health officials are giving a COVID briefing October 28, 2021
- Free NBA Picks Today | KNICKS vs BULLS Predictions (10/28/21) NBA Best Bets and NBA Player Props October 28, 2021
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 October 28, 2021
- Starbucks raises wages, Activision Blizzard CEO details pay cut, Third Point buys stake in Shell October 28, 2021
- Todd Bowles | Press Conference October 28, 2021
- NFL Week 8 DraftKings & FanDuel DFS Picks And Betting Angles Breakdown – The Gameplan October 28, 2021
- NFL | Thursday Night Football | Packers vs Cardinals | Picks and Betting Predictions October 28, 2021
- AG Garland defends memo on violent threats to school boards October 28, 2021
- Louis Riddick on the hottest topics in the NFL | SportsNation October 28, 2021
- Australia Rejects U.S., EU Call for Global Methane Agreement October 28, 2021
- Boosie on Calling IG’s President Adam Mosseri a B**** After Losing 12M Follower Page (Part 31) October 28, 2021
- ‘Squid Game’ Creator Responds to LeBron James’ Criticism of The Show’s Ending | THR News October 28, 2021
- Watch live: Biden hails US climate spending ‘significant investment’ October 28, 2021
- Stanley Black & Decker CEO on earnings beat and cutting outlook October 28, 2021
- Saad Aljabri: a story worthy of Hollywood October 28, 2021
- 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Sulphur Springs, TX #P2130 October 28, 2021
- Bash: Biden is telling Democrats the train is leaving the station October 28, 2021
- Vintage KSDK: Gateway Arch is completed in 1965 October 28, 2021
- NFL Trade Rumors: 7 BLOCKBUSTER Trades That Should Happen Before The 2021 NFL Trade Deadline October 28, 2021
- Josh Brown on his ‘Moms are Cool’ financial advice program October 28, 2021
- How will injuries affect Week 8 in the NFL? | SportsNation October 28, 2021
- Tom Brady | Press Conference October 28, 2021
- President Biden delivers remarks on his Build Back Better framework October 28, 2021
- By The Numbers | Bears vs 49ers: Week 8 | Chicago Bears October 28, 2021