Chamber’s Thomas J. Donohue Commends Supreme Court DACA Decision, But Congress Still Must Act to Provide Permanent Relief for Dreamers. “The Supreme Court made the right decision today for Dreamers, our economy, and our country.”
Washington — U.S. Chamber of Commerce CEO Thomas J. Donohue issued a statement today following the Supreme Court’s decision on DACA.
“The Supreme Court made the right decision today for Dreamers, our economy, and our country.
“Removing 700,000 Dreamers protected under DACA from our economy would deny our country talent, future leaders, and an essential piece of the American workforce including teachers, nurses, doctors, farmers, and entrepreneurs.
“But make no mistake, the work is not done. It is long past time for Congress to provide permanent relief for Dreamers. As we said in 2017 when the administration announced the end of the DACA program, deporting Dreamers is ‘contrary to fundamental American principles and the best interests of our country.’”
Last year, the U.S. Chamber joined a merits-stage amicus brief with more than 140 companies and business associations in support of the DACA program.
About the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization representing companies of all sizes across every sector of the economy. Our members range from the small businesses and local chambers of commerce that line the Main Streets of America to leading industry associations and large corporations.
They all share one thing: They count on the U.S. Chamber to be their voice in Washington, across the country, and around the world. For more than 100 years, we have advocated for pro-business policies that help businesses create jobs and grow our economy.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar
- Rusty Hardin, Deshaun Watson Lawyer, Asserts Client’s Innocence In Statement After Filing Response
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is An Oakland Success By Derrick Soo
- Texans QB Deshaun Watson Answer To 22 Tony Buzbee Lawsuits Details Lies, Money Grab
- 2021 NFL First Round Mock Draft By Dave Squires
- WhereDoWeGoOakland Is A Success By Derrick Soo
- First Flight of the Ingenuity Mars Helicopter: Live from Mission Control
- LIVE: Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team — 4/19/21
- WHITE HOUSE LIVE CAM – Washington D.C. | USA | earthTV®
- USS Oakland (LCS-24) Commissioning Ceremony
- Capolow Talks Oakland, The Bay Area, Having His Own Strain, Signing To Cinematic
- USS Oakland (LCS 24) Joins the Fleet
- Daunte Wright and Adam Toledo Protest – Oakland 4/16
- Oakland A’s 2021 Final Out and Win Celebration VS Detroit Tigers 4/17/21
- Oakland Pre-K Through 6th Grade Classes Set to Reopen Monday
- Port of Oakland Drone Flight 4K
- Resurrection Oakland Church | April 18, 2021. 10am
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft V3 Livestream By Zennie62Media For April 18th
- Katy Perry Backs That Ass Up To Shocked Luke Bryan On American Idol