U.S. Chamber Supports Establishment of a Commercial Paper Funding Facility to Provide Liquidity to Commercial Paper Markets. The Chamber continues to call for legislation that would allow the Federal Reserve to establish credit facilities to support employers in securing.
Washington, D.C. — Tom Quaadman, Executive Vice President of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Center for Capital Markets Competitiveness (CCMC), released the following statement in support of the Federal Reserve establishing a Commercial Paper Funding Facility (CPFF) using its authority in Section 13(3) of the Federal Reserve Act:
“We are committed to helping American businesses respond to the coronavirus so they can support their employees, customers, and communities. A key component of that is ensuring liquidity in our financial markets. The U.S. Chamber supports the bold action by the Federal Reserve, with the support of the Treasury Secretary, to directly provide liquidity to commercial paper markets through establishing a Commercial Paper Funding Facility. This will allow businesses to access needed cash and provide reassurance to investors. No family and no business should go bankrupt because of the financial hardships caused by the coronavirus.”
The Chamber is calling on the Administration and Congress to take critical steps to support America’s employers during this period. We continue to call on Congress to enact legislation that would allow the Federal Reserve to establish credit facilities to provide loans and loan guarantees to employers with more than 500 employees experiencing significant revenue loss as a result of the coronavirus.
About the U.S. Chamber of Commerce
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations.
Note: This post is based on a press release issued by The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and sent to Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass
- Oakland Vigil & Protest for Daunte Wright & Adam Toledo 4/16/2021
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser