Blockchain is now the rage and the buzzword. It started as a network of computers that’s used to check Bitcoin transactions, but now the approach has caught fire. It’s being used for gaming now. Take Trendy Entertainment’s Dungeon Defenders II , and this press release I received:
Loot™, the blockchain protocol and crypto-asset generated by player skill in video games, is being adopted by Trendy Entertainment, the video game developer behind the Dungeon Defenders franchise, to integrate its unique blockchain solution into the rewards system of Dungeon Defenders II. The Loot protocol is in development with a goal of release in Q1 2019. Trendy plans to be the first to integrate the solution once the protocol is released.
“Our partnership with Trendy Entertainment means that Dungeon Defenders II will be the first major game released to allow game publishers and developers to share wealth with players without sacrificing any existing revenue generation. Our patent pending technology is a world first that will transform the gaming industry and its fantastic to see the support that Trendy Entertainment is giving it,” said Tobias Batton, the founder of Signal Zero and creator of Loot.
Dungeon Defenders II is a third-person action-strategy game with classic role-playing elements like loot, leveling, pets and more. It advances the original Dungeon Defenders experience with new combat and progression features, supporting single-player and four-person online cooperative multiplayer modes.Since Dungeon Defenders I original release in 2011, the franchise has enjoyed almost 8,000,000 downloads to date.
“The innovative Loot™ protocol has the potential to become the new frontier in gaming monetization, both for players and for publishers. We’re delighted to be working with Loot and seeking ways to best integrate the blockchain protocol and crypto rewards, so that users can benefit from it in the most simple and effective way,” said Drew Curby, Chief Business Development Officer at Trendy Entertainment.
Loot records the performance of gamers on the blockchain and offers proof of skill – allowing them to generate tokens in return for skill and giving game developers a new way to monetize and build audiences.
While traditional mining algorithms have relied on hardware to do the work, Loot leverages a new patent-pending mathematical model that compares player performance to generate the new crypto-asset. The collaboration with Trendy means that Dungeon Defenders II will be the first major games release to integrate the world’s first mining algorithm based on player skill.
The Loot crypto reward system is being launched by the team behind Signal Zero, a gaming platform that has delivered $7million of rewards since 2014 to gamers for engagement through its two web apps, TokenWall and TapRivals.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Las Vegas Raiders: Running BackTrey Ragas Waived By The Raiders But Why? By Joseph Armendariz September 28, 2021
- Three earthquakes near Charleston, South Carolina September 28, 2021
- Home For Sale At 6690 Outlook Ave Oakland, CA 94605 September 28, 2021
- John Guillory Stars In What Happened to the Black People in Oakland? Part One September 28, 2021
- The Optimistic Oakland A’s Report – 09.26.21 September 28, 2021
- FISHER BLOCK PARTY – Oakland 2021 – 4K September 28, 2021
- Fisher block party (Oakland) 9/25/21 September 28, 2021
- Fisher Block Party Oakland Live Technomusic Experience September 28, 2021
- Britney Spears’ Dad Allegedly Bugged Her Phone and Home September 27, 2021
- Why Jamie Lynn Spears Isn’t As Innocent As She Claims September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquakes – Dr Wendy Rocks Explains Why They Happened Today September 27, 2021
- Parents deny involvement in Brian Laundrie’s disappearance as FBI continues search September 27, 2021
- Howard Terminal Update – Oakland Doesn’t Need Alameda County For TIF, Loren Taylor Town Hall Tonight September 27, 2021
- Coach Gruden Presser | 9.27.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 27, 2021
- Bay Area Transparency Clashes With Oakland Police At Public Works Annex, Again September 27, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Is QB Derek Carr Leading In The MVP Race Right Now? By Eric Pangilinan September 27, 2021
- Oakland Police YouTube Video – Meet Deputy Chief Drennon Lindsey September 27, 2021
- KTVU’s Dave Clark Reports Sideshow Draws 70 Spectators in Oakland September 27, 2021
- Oakland Dynamites (8U) Big Play Highlights – 09.25.21 September 27, 2021
- With Double Slaying Sunday, Oakland Marks 102 Homicides So Far in 2021 September 27, 2021
- Rapper R Kelly Guilty Of Racketeering Sex Trafficking And Assault Expected To Get Decades In Jail September 27, 2021
- South Carolina Earthquake Today | Magnitude 3.1 earthquake Near Summerville, North Charleston September 27, 2021
- Crete earthquake – Brit tourists terrified as mag-6 quake rocks Greek island September 27, 2021
- WorldView: Earthquake hits Greece; Volcano erupts in Spain’s Canary Islands September 27, 2021
- Magnitude 5.8 earthquake strikes the Greek island of Crete September 27, 2021