In the matter of Maria Ayerdi Kaplan, what follows is the actual press release that was emailed to Zennie62Media announcing the new Mark Zabaneh as the new San Francisco Transbay
Joint Powers Authority (TJPA) Executive Director, replacing Maria Ayerdi Kaplan. This, in response to assertions that the San Francisco Department of Public Works, and not the TJPA, took over the Transit Center Project.
San Francisco, CA (April 22, 2016) – The Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA) is pleased to announce that earlier today the TJPA Board of Directors appointed Mark Zabaneh to the role of interim executive director effective May 1, 2016.
Since starting at TJPA in 2013, Zabaneh has led the agency’s program management team. Under his leadership, the remaining major construction contracts for Phase 1 were successfully bid out and preparations for Phase 2 design and construction have progressed. He also served as the primary staff liaison during a recent regional cost review and coordinated staff efforts to reduce costs and make necessary budget adjustments to keep construction progressing and deliver Phase 1 on schedule.
“Mark has the knowledge of and familiarity with the Transbay Project necessary to jump in immediately and take the helm of the TJPA,” said TJPA Board of Directors Chair Greg Harper. “We are fortunate that we can enable a smooth transition with Mark stepping up to serve as interim executive director. I and the other TJPA Directors look forward to continuing to work with him in this new capacity.”
Zabaneh came to the TJPA following a 26-year career with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). While at Caltrans, Zabaneh served as Deputy District Director for Program/Project Management in charge of the Capital Program for the nine Bay Area counties and led project management activities on a range of efforts, including the Caldecott Tunnel 4th Bore Project. His Caltrans experience also includes serving as Project Manager on the San Mateo/Hayward Bridge East Approach Widening Project and the State Route 92/I-880 Interchange Project and as Assistant Structures Representative on the Cypress Reconstruction Project.
During his tenure at TJPA, Zabaneh has been involved in many aspects of the oversight of the Transbay Transit Center. Zabaneh’s expertise and familiarity with the Transbay Project will be a valuable asset as the Center enters the final stage of construction and prepares for its late 2017 grand opening.
“It is an honor to be asked to lead the TJPA, and I look forward to continuing our progress in the coming months,” said Zabaneh. “I am excited to continue to partner with the TJPA Board of Directors, staff, and program and construction teams to deliver the Transit Center to the community and see the heart of San Francisco’s new downtown come to life in just under two years.”
Zabaneh is a licensed civil engineer in the state of California and a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering.
About the Transbay Transit Center
The Transbay Transit Center, known as the “Grand Central Station of the West,” is a revolutionary state-of-the art transportation facility that will transform the South of Market neighborhood into the new heart of downtown. The Transit Center will connect eight Bay Area counties and 11 transit systems, including future California High-Speed Rail. The Transbay Transit Center Phase 1 is scheduled to open in late 2017. To learn more about the Program, please visit our website at www.TransbayCenter.org.
The Transbay Transit Center Program is made possible in part by the U.S. Department of Transportation, State of California, Metropolitan Transportation Commission, Proposition K Sales Tax dollars provided by the San Francisco County Transportation Authority, City and County of San Francisco, San Francisco Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure, San Mateo County Transportation Authority and AC Transit.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Readout of Biden Administration Convening to Discuss and Address Semiconductor Supply Chain September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Vs Dolphins Won’t Be Aired On Some Tv Market In California By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Defense Is The Key To Victory In Week By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- RecallOakland.com Website For Stupid Idea Of Recalling Mayor Schaaf Months Before She’s Termed Out September 23, 2021
- Nintendo Reveals Cast For The Mario Movie in 2022. Yes This Is Real, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 23, 2021
- BREAKING: Arrest Warrant Issued for Brian Laundrie in Gabby Petito’s Death September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Tom Flores To Receive Hall Of Fame Ring At Allegiant Stadium By Eric Pangilinan September 23, 2021
- Justin Fields First NFL Start Will Come Against The Browns | Pat McAfee Reacts September 23, 2021
- Coach Bradley, Coach Olson, Denzel Perryman and Kenyan Drake Presser – 9.23.21 | Las Vegas Raiders September 23, 2021
- Supermodel Linda Evangelista Has Been “Brutally Disfigured” by Procedure Done 5 Years Ago | PEOPLE September 23, 2021
- Author Jameis1of1 Talks About Jameis Winston And Gives Thoughts On Pats vs Saints Game September 23, 2021
- Kate Scott Is Philadelphia’s First Female Sports Broadcaster – That’s No Accident – Here’s Why September 23, 2021
- Mom Gets Surprise Giant Gift Box From Rocket Mortgage Sent Via UPS September 23, 2021
- How U.C. Berkeley Beat Harvard And Yale To Become The Best College In America | Forbes September 23, 2021
- Judge Orders UC Berkeley To Freeze Enrollment After Neighborhood Group Sues September 23, 2021
- Save 1921 Walnut St. Berkeley – Tenants Protest Demolition, UC Berkeley, Mayor Jesse Arreguin Actions September 23, 2021
- 30 Weirdest Things Ever Caught On Security Cameras & CCTV ! September 23, 2021
- The Raiders Are LETHAL With Derek Carr and Jon Gruden in Sync | Tiki and Tierney September 23, 2021
- Melvin Van Peebles on Bill Cosby Allegations; Being a Pioneer September 23, 2021
- Unstoppable: Melvin Van Peebles, Gordon Parks, and Ossie Davis in Conversation (2005) September 23, 2021
- Groundbreaking Filmmaker Melvin Van Peebles Has Died September 23, 2021
- R.I.P Mario Van Peebles Dad, Speaks On How His Father Melvin Van Peebles Died September 23, 2021
- 2021 09 21 Meeting with DSP UC Berkeley Students with Disabilities Coalition PART 2 September 23, 2021
- Nobel Prize Medal Presented to UC Berkeley Chemistry Professor Jennifer Doudna at her Berkeley Home September 23, 2021
- Oakland school district votes on vaccine mandate September 23, 2021
- Lakefront Home For Sale – 195 Honey Ln Fayetteville GA 30214 September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale – Introducing, 260 Camelot Fayetteville, Georgia September 23, 2021
- Home For Sale 3800 California Street Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com September 23, 2021
- Oakland Officer, Suspect Wounded In Shootout; Suspect Surrenders After Tense Standoff September 23, 2021
- Weather Forecast Oakland, California ▶ Oakland weather Forecast 09/23/2021 September 23, 2021
- COVID Vaccinations: Oakland Unified School District Board Approves COVID Vaccination Mandate For Students September 23, 2021
- Oakland Unified School District Board Discusses Vaccine Mandate for Students, Staff September 23, 2021
- Woman Wanted For Pulling Gun On Chipotle Worker In Philadelphia September 23, 2021
- Go Fund Me For Raider Nation’s Black Hole Rob Rivera’s Funeral By Rachel Rivera September 23, 2021
- Gabby Petito case: Crews use new tools in the search for Brian Laundrie September 23, 2021
- Hey EBX & Hella Coastal – Brothers Brewing Co Was Oakland’s First Black Brewery, And Then There Was Pican Restaurant September 23, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders NFL Pro football Focus Ranked Maxx Crosby Number 1 Edge Rusher By Eric Pangilinan September 22, 2021
- Raiders Steve Wisniewski Nominated For 2022 Pro Football Hall of Fame Class, By: Vinny Lospinuso September 22, 2021
- Brian Laundrie search: What led police to the Carlton Reserve? September 22, 2021
- Laundrie neighbor says she saw Brian after his return September 22, 2021