In the matter of Maria Ayerdi Kaplan, what follows is the actual press release that was emailed to Zennie62Media announcing the new Mark Zabaneh as the new San Francisco Transbay
Joint Powers Authority (TJPA) Executive Director, replacing Maria Ayerdi Kaplan. This, in response to assertions that the San Francisco Department of Public Works, and not the TJPA, took over the Transit Center Project.
San Francisco, CA (April 22, 2016) – The Transbay Joint Powers Authority (TJPA) is pleased to announce that earlier today the TJPA Board of Directors appointed Mark Zabaneh to the role of interim executive director effective May 1, 2016.
Since starting at TJPA in 2013, Zabaneh has led the agency’s program management team. Under his leadership, the remaining major construction contracts for Phase 1 were successfully bid out and preparations for Phase 2 design and construction have progressed. He also served as the primary staff liaison during a recent regional cost review and coordinated staff efforts to reduce costs and make necessary budget adjustments to keep construction progressing and deliver Phase 1 on schedule.
“Mark has the knowledge of and familiarity with the Transbay Project necessary to jump in immediately and take the helm of the TJPA,” said TJPA Board of Directors Chair Greg Harper. “We are fortunate that we can enable a smooth transition with Mark stepping up to serve as interim executive director. I and the other TJPA Directors look forward to continuing to work with him in this new capacity.”
Zabaneh came to the TJPA following a 26-year career with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). While at Caltrans, Zabaneh served as Deputy District Director for Program/Project Management in charge of the Capital Program for the nine Bay Area counties and led project management activities on a range of efforts, including the Caldecott Tunnel 4th Bore Project. His Caltrans experience also includes serving as Project Manager on the San Mateo/Hayward Bridge East Approach Widening Project and the State Route 92/I-880 Interchange Project and as Assistant Structures Representative on the Cypress Reconstruction Project.
During his tenure at TJPA, Zabaneh has been involved in many aspects of the oversight of the Transbay Transit Center. Zabaneh’s expertise and familiarity with the Transbay Project will be a valuable asset as the Center enters the final stage of construction and prepares for its late 2017 grand opening.
“It is an honor to be asked to lead the TJPA, and I look forward to continuing our progress in the coming months,” said Zabaneh. “I am excited to continue to partner with the TJPA Board of Directors, staff, and program and construction teams to deliver the Transit Center to the community and see the heart of San Francisco’s new downtown come to life in just under two years.”
Zabaneh is a licensed civil engineer in the state of California and a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering.
About the Transbay Transit Center
The Transbay Transit Center, known as the “Grand Central Station of the West,” is a revolutionary state-of-the art transportation facility that will transform the South of Market neighborhood into the new heart of downtown. The Transit Center will connect eight Bay Area counties and 11 transit systems, including future California High-Speed Rail. The Transbay Transit Center Phase 1 is scheduled to open in late 2017. To learn more about the Program, please visit our website at www.TransbayCenter.org.
The Transbay Transit Center Program is made possible in part by the U.S. Department of Transportation, State of California, Metropolitan Transportation Commission, Proposition K Sales Tax dollars provided by the San Francisco County Transportation Authority, City and County of San Francisco, San Francisco Office of Community Investment and Infrastructure, San Mateo County Transportation Authority and AC Transit.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021
- Home For Sale At 9124 Lawlor St Oakland, CA
- Medina Sprit Had Steroids, May Lose Kentucky Derby Win, Trainer Bob Baffert Banned
- Jarrett Stidham Vs Mac Jones For Backup To Cam Newton In Auburn Vs Alabama Clash Of Patriots QBs
- Elon Musk Talks About Dogecoin On SNL Weekend Update But Will Market Respond?
- Elon Musk SNL Host – Dogefather Musk On Saturday Night Live Real-Time Reaction Livestream
- Nancy Sidebotham Is Running For Mayor Of Oakland In 2022 Mayoral Election – Will Talk Live May 10th
- Bay Area Transparency Vlog: Homeless Man Saved From Police In Fremont, Ca
- Teenager Knows His Rights! Bay Area Transparency Shoutout
- San Francisco California On A Rainy Day
- Hines 410 20th Street’s Paul Paradis Called Thomas Berkley, Oakland Post Publisher, Politician. No
- Elihu Harris: Who Is Former Oakland Mayor Elihu Harris? A Corrected Biography
- Crash On 8th And Henry, In West Oakland, April 24, 2021
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Port of Oakland Feature: Voices Of Key Stakeholders
- Ms Talmera Richardson speaks at OUSD Board Meeting 2/24/21
- Tampa Bay Rays vs Oakland Athletics Highlights May 7, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021
- Ford F250 on Forgiatos in Oakland California
- 2020 Ford Mustang GT Coupe Hayward Newark San Jose Oakland Pleasanton Union City