ONN – There Is An Epidemic Of Black On Black Meanness That Must Stop
Why the black on black meanness?
On Friday, I was shopping with my Mom at the local Fayetteville, Georgia Kroger’s store. As she was looking at the frozen catfish offerings for purchase, I stood next to her and over the shopping cart to watch her purse. The simple reason is, you hear and see on video and television examples of people grabbing the purses of the elderly when they’re not looking. I’m here in Georgia to help and to protect my Mom.
Anyway, without word, and all of a sudden, a woman comes up and stands very close next to myself and my Mom. Too close. So, I ignored her and stood my ground while Mom shopped, not aware of the woman – I wasn’t moving. The sister (African American slang for black woman) continued to stand and say nothing – I thought she was a nutcase.
Then she full-throated made this “HARRUMPH” sound. I still neither moved nor said a word, and she seemed to be trying to move between my Mom and myself – which would put her close to the cart and my Mom’s purse. I wasn’t moving and said nothing. Finally, she said she wanted me to move the cart so she could get “over there” – she didn’t articulate what she was getting.
I explained that the cart belonged to my Mom, not me. So, she asked my Mom, and Mom said “sure” – and the lady proceeded to try and move the cart herself; I took the cart and said “no wait” – and I moved it. So, she got her item – but it didn’t seem like she was there to really do that – to buy something. So, she said something that was in the form of “thank YOU” to emphasize that she was talking to my Mom, and not to me. I said nothing, but I looked over to her woman friend, and had my arms out as if to say “What is going on here?”
They walked away, and my Mom said “My son is here to protect me. He helps me.”
But that woman was crazy and it’s not the first example of black on black meanness I’ve witnessed this year, and in the last three. There’s an epidemic of this kind of behavior.
In the woman’s case, she could have said “Excuse me, I just want to get that item, if that’s okay?” Or, she could have waited for my Mom to finish, given that she was not really in a hurry from what I witnessed prior to her abrupt change of course toward us. You see? But she elected to try and be intimidating and mean – as if she hated black men, or men.
Whatever the case, between her and a San Diego Comic Con security guard who was way out of line two Saturdays ago, and again for no reason, and other examples, and there’s an issue.
African Americans should stop being knee-jerk mean to each other. Why this is happening, I don’t know – just that there’s a problem.
Stay tuned for more on this.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Saints At Panthers – Will Jameis Winston Run Sean Payton’s Mike Martz Passing Approach? September 19, 2021
- Raiders vs Steelers Game Betting Prediction – Take Pittsburgh Give Points To Las Vegas September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts 8th Grade Promotion 2021 September 19, 2021
- Oakland School For The Arts Class 2021 Graduation September 19, 2021
- Twenty-Fourth Sunday in Ordinary Time – Mass at Our Lady of Lourdes – Oakland – September 12th, 2021 September 19, 2021
- Best Nursing Schools in Oakland, California, United States September 19, 2021
- #1 Alabama vs #11 Florida: Extended Highlights | CBS Sports HQ September 19, 2021
- Nick Saban talks Alabama’s win vs. Florida | ESPN College Football September 19, 2021
- UCLA vs. Fresno State Postgame Press Conference After Upset Loss To Fresno State September 19, 2021
- Fresno State stuns No. 13 UCLA after an unforgettable fourth quarter September 19, 2021
- Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member on “Democracy and Defending our Civil Rights” September 19, 2021
- Berkeley’s Homeless Crisis with Ben Bartlett Berkeley City Council Member September 19, 2021
- Supervisor Damon Connolly Marin County Expresses Support For The LGBTQ Community September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly wishes CMCM a Happy 10th Anniversary! September 19, 2021
- Damon Connolly Marin County Supervisor On Priced Out Podcast September 19, 2021
- SoFi Stadium Tour in Los Angeles: Home of the Rams and Chargers September 19, 2021
- 1783 11th Street Oakland, CA 94607-1435 September 19, 2021
- Los Angeles Angels vs Oakland Athletics Highlights September 18, 2021 – MLB Highlights | MLB 2021 September 19, 2021
- What’s New In iPhone 13 and iPhone 13 Pro By iJustine September 19, 2021
- Breaking Vegas News – Las Vegas Raiders Ticket Prices Crash – Vaccine Rules to Blame? September 19, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Promote Running Back Trey Ragas To The Active Roster By Eric Pangilinan September 18, 2021
- Zennie62 NFL 2021 Season Game Predictions For Week 2 – Livestream Show September 18, 2021
- Neighborhood Tours in Fayetteville GA off Goza Rd September 18, 2021
- 384 Bellevue Ave Home For Sale In Adams Point, Lake Merritt, Oakland September 18, 2021
- Inspiration4 Dragon Side Hatch Open, Crew Comes Out After Splashdown September 18, 2021