ONN – The Raiders Are In Las Vegas Because Mark Davis Did Not Want To Be In Oakland And That Is The Truth
A number of supposedly Las Vegas residents are saying that the Raiders are in Sin City because Oakland did not want them. Not true. Oakland Raiders Owner and Manager of The General Partnership Mark Davis did not want to have his team in Oakland.
Mark lived in Palm Springs and as far back as October 9th of 2011, made media noise about moving the team to Los Angeles. Then, for most of the years from 2011 to 2015, there was another city Davis was flirting moving the team to, like San Antonio, Texas.
But, in 2012, Former Microsoft Chairman Steve Balmer’s purchase of the Los Angeles Clippers for $2 billion, shook up the sports world. It shocked NFL Owners, because suddenly the NBA was catching up in franchise value and did so via LA; the NFL had no team in Los Angeles. So, that started a flurry of moves that saw the formation of a competition for Los Angeles between St. Louis Rams Owner Stan Kronke and the dual team of Davis and San Diego Chargers Owner Dean Spanos.
The way Spanos and Davis spun it was that they were building a mode of a home stadium in Carson just in case they did not get stadiums in the home markets of San Diego and Oakland. But the truth was Carson was to be their new home. The Raiders had no intention of working out a deal in Oakland – it was a trick.
The Raiders brought in Larry McNeil to be their Oakland stadium czar but he did nothing other than exchange emails with then Oakland Assistant City Administrator Claudia Cappio.
But can anyone tell me what happened to Larry McNeil? All of a sudden, he was not heard from. No mention to this day. And the mainstream media never asked why.
Meanwhile Mark Davis lost his and Spanos NFL to LA competition, and along came Las Vegas Sands Sheldon Adelson to offer to help Davis build a new stadium in Las Vegas. Adelson spent millions to help Davis and engineered the Nevada Legislature’s approval of the $750 million subsidy in a close vote in October 14th 2016.
Meanwhile, Ronnie Lott led a group that was to keep the Raiders in Oakland, but Mark Davis reportedly never met with them. The reason was simple, Davis was headed to Las Vegas, both for the subsidy and for the promise of added revenues from sports gambling.
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass