At San Diego Comic Con 2018, The Long Con is under way. On July 25th, Oni Press invites you to take a look inside what happens when the world ends, but the “San Diego Comic Con “ Con culture lives on.
The Long Con is a hilarious action/adventure comic for teen and adult readers alike, whether con-goers or not, written by Dylan Meconis (Family Man, Bite Me!) and film critic for The Portland Mercury, Ben Coleman, with illustrations by webcomic artist EA Denich, colors by M. Victoria Robado (Jem and the Holograms), and letters by Aditya Bidikar.
Five years ago, a cataclysmic event obliterated everything within a fifty mile radius of the Los Spinoza Convention Center—including the attendees of “Long Con,” the world’s biggest (and longest) comic convention. (Which is what San Diego Comic Con is, get it?) But unknown to the outside world, the con-goers not only survived, they kept the convention going.
When proof of their survival surfaces, reporter Victor Lai is sent to investigate—after all, he was covering the con that fateful day and escaped mere minutes before everything went kablooie… abandoning his nerdy pal Dez in the process. So clearly he’s the perfect person for the job, and he won’t get trapped inside like some kinda idiot. Right?
“This book absolutely is a love letter to all the pop culture we hold near and dear in our dorky little hearts—it’s a book about nerds, by nerds, for nerds,” said EA Denich. “It’s a pleasure to work with an awesome writing team like Dylan and Ben, and been a blast to help construct our crazy little con world!”
The Long Con is available as a convention exclusive by Sara Richard (My Little Pony) at San Diego Comic-Con 2018, and at your local comic shop starting July 25, 2018. EA Denich will be signing with us all weekend long at San Diego Comic Con, with a bonus signing with Sara Richard on Sunday afternoon.
Stay tuned for The Long Con!
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass
- Oakland Vigil & Protest for Daunte Wright & Adam Toledo 4/16/2021
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser