ONN – The Future Of Education, Alice Waters, Finding Love During COVID-19
The Future of Education
Gov. Gavin Newsom announced all children in 3rd grade and up must wear a mask to school — the first order of its kind in the nation. Also, schools are only permitted to physically reopen if their county has been off the watch list for at least two weeks. The two largest school districts in the state — Los Angeles and San Diego — announced they would only provide online education. In the Bay Area, school districts have been mixed. Several, including Oakland and San Francisco, will open for distance learning only. Others are planning for some in-person education, and a few have not yet decided. Congressmember Ro Khanna joins us for a discussion on what schools need to make education work for all students this fall.
U.S. Rep. Ro Khanna, D-Santa Clara
Bay Area Icon Reflects on Issues of the Day
This week, San Francisco’s beloved Louis’ Restaurant closed its doors after 83 years of continuous operation. The California Restaurant Association estimates a third of all restaurants shuttered by the pandemic will likely never reopen. Several restaurants, such as the legendary Chez Panisse in Berkeley, have pivoted to take out foods and produce boxes. Bay Area foodie superstar Alice Waters joins us to discuss racial justice in the restaurant industry and how the coronavirus is shaping her restaurant and gardens.
Alice Waters, Chez Panisse founder
Love in the Time of COVID-19
Finding love in the time of COVID-19 presents new challenges. While fewer people are meeting in person, dating apps report a surge in online communication and usage, including video chats. Could the coronavirus actually be making the dating experience better? We ask the experts from the podcast “Dateable” and discuss the practicalities and pitfalls of dating during the pandemic.
Julie Krafchick, “Dateable” podcast co-host
Yue Xu, “Dateable” podcast co-host
Note from Zennie62Media and Oakland News Now: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- President Joe Biden Statement On The Mass Shooting In Indianapolis, Indiana
- TUTORIAL: Register for Oakland’s Online Permit Portal!
- OSA IM Piano Recital-A Trip to Europe: Baroque to Contemporary
- City Of Oakland Says Check Your Permit Status
- City of Oakland’s Hazard Risk Ranking Story Map Tool
- 5 Minute Story: My Lucky Day
- Oakland Education Association: Black Lives Matter In School
- Oakland Education Association: Placement Of Air Purifiers In Classrooms
- Glide Memorial Church 21.04.11 Sunday Celebration – 9 AM
- TFH Oakland Church Online 04.11.21
- Oakland Roots Preseason Friendly Against Tacoma Defiance
- Oakland Roots Preseason Friendly Against San Jose Earthquakes
- Oakland Athletics Series Highlights vs Diamondbacks (4/12 – 4/13)
- Oakland Apartment For Rent 433 Adams Street, Adams Point
- Mass Casualty Shooting At Indianapolis FedEx Facility | NBC News
- A Message From President Ces Butner About The Oakland Rotary Endowment Campaign
- Thursday in Las Vegas Livestream Weekly Strip Update By Steven Campbell
- Crazy car ran over random people during car show in San Francisco, Mission street (March 27, 2021)
- Oakland Celebrates The Wonderful Life of Dorothy King At Everett & Jones BBQ Funeral
- Bike Transportation And The Oakland A’s Ballpark, A Video Discussion