Plaintiffs’ attorneys and anti-housing activists have been beating the drum for several years in San Francisco claiming that the Hunters Point Shipyard clean-up by Tetra Tech EC was botched and fraudulent.
But as the facts emerge, the tables are turning. Statements by Tetra Tech EC are proving to be factually correct, but the allegations by former shipyard workers who have filed lawsuits over safety claims are proving to be false or spurious.
The plaintiffs have claimed in the media and legal filings that the soil at Parcel A (where homes were built by Lennar/FivePoint) was dangerously high in radiation and that residents were in danger.
They also alleged that Building 606 at Hunters Point was radiologically “hot” and unsafe for the San Francisco Police Department which has occupied the building for decades.
Most damning, the plaintiffs claim that none of the work done by Tetra Tech EC on the approximately 25 percent of the shipyard the company remediated, was properly done.
But each time regulatory authorities and health experts investigate the plaintiffs’ claims, they turn out to be spurious. Here are three examples:
Just this year, the California Department of Public Health completed a study of Parcel A at Hunters Point and found no health or safety risks to the community. The Department also said a single deck marker left over from World War II did not cause any health risks.
After an investigation and review by S.F. Department of Public Health, Building 606, used as a crime lab by San Francisco Police, was found to be safe.
Finally, there is this month’s preliminary rejection of the plaintiffs attempt to have the Nuclear Regulatory Commission strip Tetra Tech EC of its national license to do radiological clean-up work. The NRC said in its initial finding that there was no evidence to support the plaintiffs’ safety allegations.
The plaintiffs are starting to look like the little boy who cried wolf. In this case, they yelled ‘environmental fraud,’ but it seems the fraud may be the false claims the plaintiffs and their attorney are making to enrich themselves through fear-mongering at the expense of Bayview Hunters Point residents and San Franciscans.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared