Plaintiffs’ attorneys and anti-housing activists have been beating the drum for several years in San Francisco claiming that the Hunters Point Shipyard clean-up by Tetra Tech EC was botched and fraudulent.
But as the facts emerge, the tables are turning. Statements by Tetra Tech EC are proving to be factually correct, but the allegations by former shipyard workers who have filed lawsuits over safety claims are proving to be false or spurious.
The plaintiffs have claimed in the media and legal filings that the soil at Parcel A (where homes were built by Lennar/FivePoint) was dangerously high in radiation and that residents were in danger.
They also alleged that Building 606 at Hunters Point was radiologically “hot” and unsafe for the San Francisco Police Department which has occupied the building for decades.
Most damning, the plaintiffs claim that none of the work done by Tetra Tech EC on the approximately 25 percent of the shipyard the company remediated, was properly done.
But each time regulatory authorities and health experts investigate the plaintiffs’ claims, they turn out to be spurious. Here are three examples:
Just this year, the California Department of Public Health completed a study of Parcel A at Hunters Point and found no health or safety risks to the community. The Department also said a single deck marker left over from World War II did not cause any health risks.
After an investigation and review by S.F. Department of Public Health, Building 606, used as a crime lab by San Francisco Police, was found to be safe.
Finally, there is this month’s preliminary rejection of the plaintiffs attempt to have the Nuclear Regulatory Commission strip Tetra Tech EC of its national license to do radiological clean-up work. The NRC said in its initial finding that there was no evidence to support the plaintiffs’ safety allegations.
The plaintiffs are starting to look like the little boy who cried wolf. In this case, they yelled ‘environmental fraud,’ but it seems the fraud may be the false claims the plaintiffs and their attorney are making to enrich themselves through fear-mongering at the expense of Bayview Hunters Point residents and San Franciscans.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Melissa Dettwiller-Rand Female Bodybuilding Legend, Is Battling Breast Cancer, Needs Our Help
- City Of Oakland Howard Terminal Presentation To Alameda County A Massive Disaster – Part 2: Racism
- President Rodrigo Duterte Of The Philippines Under Investigation By Eric Pangilinan
- President Rodrigo Duterte Of The Philippines Under Investigation By- By Eric Pangilinan
- Who Is Loki??By- Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Stun Philadelphia 76ers 106-106 In 2021 NBA Playoffs Game 5
- Who Is Loki ?By- Eric Pangilinan
- How Good Of A Boxer Errol Spence Jr Is
- City Of Oakland Howard Terminal Ballpark Presentation To Alameda County A Massive Disaster – Part 1
- City Of Oakland Howard Terminal Presentation To Alameda County A Massive Disaster – Part 1
- What Does John Brown Bring To The Raiders?? – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Jon Gruden Dont Care What Critics Say- By Eric Pangilinan
- Criminals Hide in Plain Site With Oakland‘s Growing Homeless Population – By Derrick Soo
- Raiders Jon Gruden Don’t Care What Critics Say – By Eric Pangilinan
- Chris Paul Put On NBA COVID Protocol Changes Things – By Eric Pangilinan
- Diageo Official Spirits Sponsor Of The National Football League
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45605
- 2022 Honda CIVIC Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 45607
- Riding The Craziest Roller Coaster In England Tom Simons – Tommyinnit Reaction Video
- Loki Episode 2 : Response To Zennie Of Zennie62 By Joseph Armendariz