San Francisco – A preliminary report by the U.S. EPA on work done by Tetra Tech EC in the clean-up of the former Hunters Point Naval Shipyard is inconclusive and does not demonstrate falsification of data by the environmental engineering firm, according to EPA documents.
The preliminary EPA report that analyzed allegations of fraud against Tetra Tech EC says that there was the “potential” for fraud in the data it reviewed, but it does not come to the conclusion that any fraud was committed. The EPA report was not based on original research, but instead was a cursory review that drew upon no original work by EPA scientists.
In fact, the U.S. Navy signed off and reviewed all the work done at Hunters Point Shipyard in 2014 after anomalies were discovered in the radiological clean-up of the low-level site.
It turned out these anomalies were a limited number of fraudulent examples that where perpetrated by two low-level employees, Stephen C. Rolfe and Justin E. Hubbard, who were charged and sent to prison for a year for their misdeeds.
Unfortunately, M. Reza Shirazi, a visitor at the Institute of Urban and Regional Development (IURD) at UC Berkeley, a vocal supporter of the plaintiffs against Tetra Tech EC, continues to spread false and misleading information.
In a recent story in the San Francisco Bayview newspaper, Mr. Shirazi repeats this falsehood along with unscientific and misleading information designed as scare tactics to support the lawsuits of plaintiffs in the case against Tetra Tech EC.
It’s disturbing to see UC-Berkeley allow visiting guests to sully the university’s name and its credibility through questionable posts in an activist newspaper.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rep Liz Chaney Speech On House Floor On Eve Of Vote To Oust Her From House GOP Leadership
- Las Vegas Raiders New Number Changers For 2021 Season. By Joseph Armendariz
- May 11, 2021
- Livestream: Blame To Go Around In Oakland A’s Relocation Threat? Start With Oakland Athletics
- MLB Ask Oakland Athletics To Threaten Relocation – Oakland City Council’s Progressive Wing Steps In
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am