There is not one Black family in OUSD that hasn’t experienced the pain of anti-Black racism in our schools (such as bias, criminalization, low expectations, school closures, and push-out) – AND had to name specific solutions for their children to be protected from harm and supported to thrive. Now is the time to look at the solutions from the Black community and invest in the remaining Black students – so that every child can learn and achieve.
Over the past two decades, OUSD has closed 16 majority Black schools, forcing more than 18,000 Black students out of the district. In partnership with Black leaders calling for a greater investment in the Black community in Oakland and building off the Black Organizing Project’s recent win removing police from schools – we demand that OUSD create a multi-million dollar reparations fund and begin to invest in Black students and families to repair generations of harm.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Raiders Mark Davis Right, We’re Wrong About Derek Chauvin Verdict Tweet, Here’s Why
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season