San Francisco – Tecton, the enterprise feature store company, today announced that it will become a core contributor to Feast and allocate engineering and financial resources to the project to build advanced capabilities. Feast is the leading open source feature store for machine learning (ML) that bridges data and models and allows ML teams to deploy features to production quickly and reliably.
Feature stores are emerging as a critical component of the infrastructure stack for operational ML. Tecton will continue to advance its production-ready enterprise feature store that is delivered as a fully-managed cloud service and is trusted by some of the world’s biggest brands. Tecton’s contributions to Feast will offer users the freedom to choose between open source software and commercial software.
As part of today’s announcement, Tecton announced that the creator of Feast, Willem Pienaar, will be joining the company. He will remain fully-committed to Feast and an official maintainer of the project; Feast will continue to be an independent open source project managed by the LF AI & Data Foundation, part of the Linux Foundation.
“Inspired by the Michelangelo ML platform, we created Feast to accelerate Gojek’s deployment of ML-powered applications,” said Willem Pienaar, creator of Feast and architect at Tecton. “We open sourced the project in response to broad community interest and are delighted to see strong user adoption. Collaborating with Tecton will allow us to accelerate our roadmap and build the best open source feature store for the community.”
Feast was developed jointly by Gojek and Google Cloud. Since its initial release in 2019, Feast has grown rapidly, with multiple companies, including Microsoft, Agoda, Farfetch, Postmates and Zulily adopting and/or contributing to the project. The project has more than 1,100 GitHub stars.
“Operationalizing data is the hardest part of getting ML to production,” said Matt Ziegler, lead software engineer at online retailer Zulily, a contributor to Feast. “The Feast feature store allows our team to bring DevOps-like practices to our feature lifecycle. Data scientists now have a single source of truth for data and can quickly serve feature values for training and online inference, enabling us to further personalize shopping experiences. It’s great to see Tecton supporting Feast, adding cross-industry expertise to the project and further building an interface between data and models in production.”
Tecton and Feast will build a simple migration path that will give users the freedom to transition between Feast open source software and the Tecton feature store. Tecton and Feast will have fully compatible serving APIs to make the migration transparent to models and applications.
“We’re excited to be core contributors to the Feast open source project,” said Mike Del Balso, co-founder and CEO of Tecton. “Feature stores allow ML teams to build and deploy new features to production within hours instead of months. Users will benefit from the freedom to choose between open source software and Tecton with the flexibility to migrate transparently between the two.”
Tecton’s enterprise feature store serves as a central hub for the data processes that power operational ML models. It allows data scientists and ML teams to build features and deploy them to production in a fraction of the time. Tecton is delivered as a fully-managed cloud service with guaranteed service levels and enterprise support.
Read the “What is a Feature Store?” blog by Mike Del Balso, co-founder and CEO of Tecton, and Willem Pienaar, creator of Feast and architect at Tecton: https://www.tecton.ai/blog/what-is-a-feature-store
Read the “A State of Feast” blog by Pienaar: https://blog.feast.dev/post/a-state-of-feast
Watch Pienaar and Oleksii Moskalenko from Gojek co-present on “Building a Cloud Native Feature Store with Feast on Kubeflow” at KubeCon + CloudNativeCon North America 2020 on Friday, November 20 at 2:55 p.m. PT: https://events.linuxfoundation.org/kubecon-cloudnativecon-north-america/program/schedule
Tecton’s mission is to make world-class ML accessible to every company. Tecton enables data scientists to turn raw data into production-ready features, the predictive signals that feed ML models. The founders created the Uber Michelangelo ML platform, and the team has extensive experience building data systems for industry leaders like Google, Facebook, Airbnb and Uber. Tecton is backed by Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia. The company is headquartered in San Francisco with an office in New York. For more information, visit https://www.tecton.ai or follow @tectonAI.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Fentanyl Alert!!! Looks Like Chewing Gum by Derrick Soo October 15, 2021
- Video of suspect vehicle in Oakland road rage shooting that left teen dead October 15, 2021
- 245 Perkins St 34 Oakland, CA 94610 October 15, 2021
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting, October 7th 2021. October 15, 2021
- Why I’m leaving Oakland, California. Pt.1 October 15, 2021
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 10.17.21 October 15, 2021
- 5800 Nottingham Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 15, 2021
- Raiders Rumors Mailbag: Hire Jack Del Rio As Next Raiders Head Coach? Start Jimmy Morrissey? October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Rumors: Xavien Howard Trade? Nick Bosa, Deebo Samuel Contract Extension| Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Latest San Francisco 49ers News With Matt Maiocco October 15, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Giants NLDS Game 5 Highlights (10/14/21) | MLB Highlights October 15, 2021
- NFL News: Leaked Emails Link NFL Attorney Jeff Pash To Bruce Allen Cover Up By Joseph Armendariz October 15, 2021
- Who will be the next Raiders coach in Week 6? | NFL NEWS TODAY October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders vs Denver Broncos Game Preview October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Morning Show: The Positives With The Team October 15, 2021
- Stephen Schear Runs For Mayor Of Oakland, But Who The Hell Is He? October 15, 2021
- MLB Playoffs, NFL, CFB, NHL, WNBA Finals, Golf, NASCAR, NBA PF Ranks, News & Notes, Best Bet/Fab 5 October 15, 2021
- 49ers Trade Rumors: Trade For Brandin Cooks, Greedy Williams? Asante Samuel Jr Draft MISS | Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Damon Connolly Marin County Supervisor Runs For California Assembly Seat October 15, 2021
- Giants-Dodgers 2021 Highlights (NLDS Game 5 preview – IT ALL COMES DOWN TO TONIGHT!) October 15, 2021
- While LA Dodgers Spoil SF Giants MLB Playoffs Party, Oakland Gets Idea Of A’s At Howard Terminal October 15, 2021
- Giants vs Dodgers Game 5 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 15, 2021
- The adventure of the lake Merritt light show 2021 October 15, 2021
- Oakland Schools Leroy Gaines: OUSD Announces Arrival of New Network 4 Superintendent October 15, 2021
- Los Angeles Dodgers: Dodgers Defeat Giants Under Controverial Check Swing By Joseph Armendariz October 15, 2021
- XO Sports Talk Eps. 24 MLB Playoffs, NCAA Football WNBA Playoffs, NFL Week 5 & 6 picks, Boxing October 15, 2021
- The Oakland Police Department Needs Your Help Solving A Homicide By IDing This Car October 15, 2021
- Raiders Press Conference Talk, Mike Mayock takes Control October 14, 2021
- The Good News About 49ers QB Trey Lance’s Left Knee Sprain October 14, 2021
- Police release video of suspect vehicle in fatal shooting of Oakland teen October 14, 2021