Teaunte Bailey, who was first reported to have assaulted 75-year-old Pak Ho in Oakland Adams Point at Jayne and Perkins, is now a murderer, after Mr. Ho died in the hospital last night.
The Oakland Police Department put out this advisory which now classifies Mr. Bailey as a person who targets Asians.
The Oakland Police Department:
The Oakland Police Department arrested Teaunte Bailey for his involvement in a robbery and assault of a 75-year-old Oakland resident. Today, the Alameda County District Attorney’s Office filed multiple felony charges against Bailey including murder.
“I’m at a loss for words,” says Oakland Police Chief LeRonne L. Armstrong. “Our elders should be protected not the victim of a deadly assault. I am thankful that our officers were able to quickly respond and arrest Mr. Bailey. The Oakland Police Department will relentlessly pursue those that violate the most vulnerable members in our community.”
Through our investigation, OPD has learned that the suspect has a history of victimizing elderly Asian people. This is an ongoing investigation and anyone with information is asked to contact the Oakland Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division at (510) 238-3821.
On March 9, 2021, at 6:55 AM, Patrol officers responded to the area of Jayne Avenue and Perkins Street on a report of a strong-arm robbery. The preliminary investigation revealed the victim, a 75-year-old Oakland resident, was walking down the street when he was approached by a suspect. An altercation ensued which resulted in the victim being robbed and injured.
The victim was transported to a local hospital for medical treatment.
Patrol officers and investigators canvassed the area and continue to search for witnesses and video surveillance.
The suspect was later taken into custody.
This investigation is ongoing. The Oakland Police Department and
CrimeStoppers of Oakland is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for an arrest in this case.
With apologies to my friend Carl Chan of The Oakland Chinatown Chamber Of Commerce, this indeed was a hate crime, given Teaunte Bailey’s history of preying on Asians. What an evil thing to do.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland A’s PITCHER Sergio Romo drops his PANTS during inspection by umpire for FOREIGN substances
- City Auditor Pt1 Courtney Ruby, Oakland City Auditor, All About Community, June 8, 2021
- Boxing Keith Thurman Says Pacquiao Fist Feel Like a Rock Spence Better Listen – By Eric Pangilinan
- Atlanta Hawks Upset Milwaukee Bucks 116-113 To Win NBA East Finals Game 1
- Sonic The Hedgehog Celebrates It’s 30th Anniversary As A Franchise, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Hawks Trae Young Shimmy Scores Three vs Bucks NBA Playoffs Game 1 2021
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
Oakland News Now Archives
- California eviction moratorium still in limbo ahead of June 30 expiration – San Francisco Chronicle
- Adams leads in NYC mayoral primary but 2 others have a shot – theday.com
- Giant Crane To Pass Under Golden Gate Bridge En Route To Oakland – Patch.com
- Oakland Police Department using de-escalation simulator to train officers on use of force – California News Times
- Oakland A’s minor-league updates: Who’s making the case for a promotion? – The Mercury News
- Photos: Rally and vigil follows Juneteenth shooting at Lake Merritt – The Oaklandside
- Gwyneth Paltrow Probably Didn’t Write This Guide to What’s Cool and New in SF – Flipboard
- Crystal Teahon Obituary (1941 – 2021) – Cordes Lakes, AZ – Custer County Chief – Legacy.com
- East Bay Assembly candidates lay out LGBTQ plans – Bay Area Reporter, America’s highest circulation LGBT newspaper
- Cruise ships are back in business, but new rules mean changes – CNET