Syfy Channel, which annually makes a big show of the big show that is San Diego Comic Con, says they did it again according to this extensive press release they sent to Zennie62Media. Let’s have a look.
Syfy reports “An All- New ‘Deadly Class’ Trailer Is Revealed; ‘Wynonna Earp’ Announces Its Return for a Season 4; ‘Krypton’ Announces DC Character To Join In Season 2; And ‘The Magicians’ Brings The Magic Back With A Season 4 Mockumentary.” And all I can say is DAYUM, that’s a lot to show at San Diego Comic Con 2018. But let’s continue..
Today, for the first time, SYFY, Sony Pictures Television and Universal Cable Productions presented their new drama, DEADLY CLASS, based on the best-selling 2014 Image Comics graphic novel of the same name. The panel featured comic co-creator, writer, executive producer and co-showrunner Rick Remender, executive producers and co-showrunners Miles Orion Feldsott and Mick Betancourt, artist and comic co-creator Wes Craig, and cast members Benjamin Wadsworth (“Teen Wolf”), Lana Condor (“X-Men: Apocalypse,” “Alita: Battle Angel”), Benedict Wong (“Doctor Strange,” “Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams”), María Gabriela De Faría (“Yo Soy Franky,” “Sitiados”) and Luke Tennie (“Shock and Awe”). Moderated by Dominic Patten (Deadline), the panelists delved into the popularity of the graphic novels, how the adaptation came to life, and what viewers can expect from this unique coming of age story in an alt-universe setting. Kicking off with a special video message from the Russo Brothers, the panel also featured a 13-minute sneak peek of the pilot and an all-new trailer.”
Wynonna Earp’ Panel From Left to Right: Dominique Provost-Chalkley, Katherine Barrell, Varun Saranga, Shamier Anderson, Melanie Scrofano, Tim Rozon, Chantel Riley
Photo by: Randy Shropshire/SYFY
We heard you loud and clear, Earpers! SYFY and IDW Entertainment announced a Season 4 pickup of the cult hit WYNONNA EARP. The announcement was made during the show’s panel at San Diego Comic-Con, which was joined by stars Melanie Scrofano, Tim Rozon, Shamier Anderson, Dominique Provost-Chalkley, Katherine Barrell, Varun Saranga, Chantel Riley alongside showrunner and creator Emily Andras and comic book creator Beau Smith. Moderated by Den of Geek’s Kayti Burt, the panelists revealed behind-the-scenes antics, their favorite upcoming episodes from S3 and teased the first-ever Purgatory Christmas episode. Last but not least, fans were surprised with the special announcement of the WYNONNA EARP Funko deal.
WYNONNA EARP Season 3 is currently airing Fridays at 9/8c on SYFY; the fourth season is slated to premiere on SYFY in 2019. Get your whiskey and doughnuts ready… and maybe, more whiskey.
YFY and Warner Horizon Scripted Television’s breakout series KRYPTON brought the stars and creatives together today at San Diego Comic-Con to discuss how its powerful Season 1 finale re-wrote the history of Superman. Moderator Damian Holbrook (TV Guide Magazine) was joined on stage by series regulars Cameron Cuffe, Wallis Day, Ann Ogbomo, Shaun Sipos, executive producer and showrunner Cameron Welsh and DC’s Dan Evans. After a lively conversation about all of the surprises and easter eggs from Season 1, the audience was reminded of the cliff hanger where the city of Kandor and its many lives were left at stake. The panellists teased that in Season 2 viewers will see planets beyond Krypton inhabitants, Doomsday unleashed and Brainiac’s origin story. Attendees also learned that a beloved DC character will be joining the story and no one is safe. To wrap it up, a blooper reel from season one was shared of all the serious moments that were not so serious behind-the-scenes. KRYPTON is set to return to SYFY in 2019.
Season One Recap
Magic is back…at Comic-Con at least! SYFY and Universal Cable Productions’ critical darling THE MAGICIANS brought the stars and executive producers together today to discuss the epic Season 3 finale that completely changed the fate of our magicians and left fans eager for more. Moderator and series guest star Felicia Day was joined on stage by series regulars Jason Ralph (Quentin Coldwater aka “Brian”), Stella Maeve (Julia Wicker aka “Kim”), Olivia Taylor Dudley (Alice Quinn…still just “Alice”), Hale Appleman (Eliot Waugh aka “The Monster”) and Summer Bishil (Margo Hanson aka “Janet”) alongside executive producers and co-creators Sera Gamble and John McNamara. After discussing how they all plan to up the ante in season four, the audience got a clever sneak peek at the “new” mystery characters and teased how this group dynamic will shift the future of the series.
Season 4 “mockumentary”:
Can’t wait to see what Syfy does for San Diego Comic Con 2019!
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack