Swenson Development, a San Jose-based developer has reportedly submitted plans to begin site preparation on a mixed-use development that has 157 apartment units that will be built over storefront retail and located near Jack London Square at 412 Madison St. in Oakland, CA.
Swenson Development says that initial plans for the 412 Madison St. Oakland site, once a recycling center, include environmental cleanup and use of reclaimed materials. Swenson plans to develop in harmony with Oakland’s green building standards, and the site will offer a public art installation.
Resident amenities at 412 Madison St. will include a sky terrace, bike storage, and a ride share pick up – drop off within walking distance to BART stations at Lake Merritt and 12th Street Oakland City Center, and the restaurant/retail venues of Oakland’s waterfront district.
Swenson Development SVP Bill Ryan said “A unique mix of industrial and commercial space, this area has the potential to be so much more. Swenson plans to recycle this vacant building into something more dynamic and reflective of the local urban environment and the community it serves.”
Situated along the scenic Oakland – Alameda estuary,Jack London Square has become a vibrant destination bringing together food, entertainment,and events. Within walking distance to Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART), this transit-friendly property will be ideally located near restaurants, breweries, and wineries in this historic waterfront district.
The company’s first project in Oakland, Swenson Development expects to break ground in March 2020. “We were first attracted to invest here due to resurgence of the historic waterfront district, and the diverse and authentic experiences being offered,” said Ryan. “Jack London Square is really growing and becoming a vibrant neighborhood, it’s reminiscent of what we first saw when we invested in downtown San Jose over 30 years ago. This site being in an opportunity zone was just a bonus as it provided an extra incentive to become part of something bigger.”
About Swenson Development
For over one hundred years, the Swenson family has been a dynamic partner in building Northern California. Four generations of expertise, along with a proven Design-Develop-Build platform, deliver unparalleled level of creative design, quality developments and efficient construction practices. Throughout the Golden State, the wide range of real estate services by Swenson Development is backed by decades of resources, referrals and sound business practices that have made the storied company a respected leader. Learn more at SWENSON.com
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Rombauer Upsets Medina Sprit Comes From Behind To Win The Preakness Stakes – Race Real Time Reaction
- SF Bay Area White “Journalists” Can’t Stand Black Oakland Blogger With His Own Opinion
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Pushes Coliseum Ballpark With Flooding Future
- Let’s Meet. For Real. Meet In Oakland (full video)
- Base Camp 2021 Kick Off Hype Video
- 2021 Honda CR-V EX 2WD Sale Price Lease Bay Area Oakland Alameda Hayward Fremont San Leandro CA 4553
- Oakland Police Investigate After Elderly Man Attacked
- POOLE PARTY! Jordan Splashes Home 38 Points in Warriors’ Win | May 14, 2021
- Warriors Talk: Jordan Poole on his 38-Point Night vs. Pelicans – May 14, 2021
- Taj Tashombe, Oakland A’s VP Of Gov Affairs Is NAACP 2021 Black Male Achievement Award Winner
- Tony Buzbee Did Approach Deshaun Watson Reps For $100K Settlement Contrary To Recent Claims
- Oakland Fire Department Sends 3,000 Baby Goats Out As News To Distract From Oakland A’s Relocation
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- Pyro’s Pastrami Jack London Square Is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery