From The Office Of Former President Barack H. Obama to Zennie62Media, Inc.
Today we honor the nearly 3,000 men, women, and children who died on September 11, 2001, and even more who lost their lives in service to our country in the two decades since. We reaffirm our commitment to keep a sacred trust with their families — including the children who lost parents, and who have demonstrated such extraordinary resilience. But this anniversary is also about reflecting on what we’ve learned in the 20 years since that awful morning.
That list of lessons is long and growing. But one thing that became clear on 9/11 – and has been clear ever since – is that America has always been home to heroes who run towards danger in order to do what is right.
For Michelle and me, the enduring image of that day is not simply falling towers or smoldering wreckage. It’s the firefighters running up the stairs as others were running down. The passengers deciding to storm a cockpit, knowing it could be their final act. The volunteers showing up at recruiters’ offices across the country in the days that followed, willing to put their lives on the line.
Over the last 20 years, we’ve seen the same courage and selflessness on display again and again. We saw it a decade ago when, after years of persistence, our military brought justice to Osama bin Laden. And we’re seeing it today — in the doctors and nurses, bone tired, doing what they can to save lives; the servicemembers, some of whom weren’t even born 20 years ago, putting themselves at risk to save Americans and help refugees find a better life; the first responders battling roaring fires and rising waters to bring families to safety. They represent what is best in America, and what can and should bring us together.
9/11 reminded us how so many Americans give of themselves in extraordinary ways – not just in moments of great crisis, but every single day. Let’s never forget that, and let’s never take them for granted.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Readout of Vice President Kamala Harris’s Meeting with Prime Minister Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland September 22, 2021
- Oakland Rapper Spideyy Respond To Snitching Allegations Ig Interview ( Exclusive) W/ @Dcbabydraco September 22, 2021
- Walmart Billionaire to Build $400 Billion Utopian City in the Desert September 22, 2021
- Atlanta Braves vs Arizona Diamondbacks Highlights September 20 – MLB Highlights | MLB Season 2021 September 21, 2021
- Richard Buckley, Fashion Editor and Husband to Tom Ford, Dead at 72 | PEOPLE September 21, 2021
- Gabby Petito Remains Confirmed, Initial Autopsy Reveals Death A Homicide September 21, 2021
- Autopsy confirms: Gabby Petito’s body found in Wyoming September 21, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Should Be Ranked Higher On The NFL Power Rankings List By Eric Pangilinan September 21, 2021
- Willie Garson RIP – Interviewed Sex In The City, Hawaii 5-0 Actor In 2016 At Night Oscars Party September 21, 2021
- American Home Shield CEO Rex Tibbons Should Know How His Firm Gave My Mom Bad Fitting Dishwasher September 21, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Corner Back Nate Hobbs Ranked One Of The Best Defense Rookie By Eric Pangilinan September 21, 2021
- Drone Video Shows Haitian Migrants on Texas Border September 21, 2021
- Nearly 8,000 Haitian migrants removed from Del Rio | A look at the Texas-Mexico border September 21, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Sign Offensive Linemen Jake Burton By Eric Pangilinan September 21, 2021
- John Walsh On Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie Sighting? TikTokers, Arches Park Ranger – iCkEdMeL September 21, 2021
- Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie fight footage ‘terrified’ John Walsh | New York Post September 21, 2021
- Oakland Vlogger Jordyn Bradley’s Oakland Apartment Tour September 21, 2021
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back – Bike Oakland: MacArthur Blvd Westbound, Laurel to Uptown September 21, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders QB Derek Carr Leads The NFL In Passing Yards Carr MVP Candidate By Eric Pangilinan September 21, 2021
- New Orleans Saints Caesar’s Superdome Roof Fire Reported With Video – Cause Not Known September 21, 2021
- City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas On Video Interview By Oakland Rising September 21, 2021
- Kyle Shanahan Recaps 49ers Week 2 Win vs. Eagles September 21, 2021
- Senior citizen, teen girl punched in head in unprovoked attacks in San Francisco September 21, 2021
- Mensho Tokyo | Best Ramen in San Francisco | Spicy Tori Paitan #short September 21, 2021
- 05/10 Monday Meals: Just Recovery Budget – Reimagining Public Safety September 21, 2021