State Investigation Of Alameda County On Coliseum Land Sale To Oakland A’s Is Wrong
The argument advanced by the Communities For A Better Environment goes like this:
July 20, 2021 – Alameda County is facing a lawsuit from the community around the Coliseum, which the County committed to sell to the Fisher-owned Oakland Athletics without first offering the land for affordable housing. After months of threatening to leave Oakland, Athletics’s President Dave Kaval today said the vote for the City’s term sheet does not work for the A’s. If the A’s leave Oakland, they have only 180 days to complete their purchase of the County’s share of the Coliseum land. In a convoluted deal struck between the County and the A’s just before Christmas 2019, the County committed to sell its half share of the Coliseum to the A’s by 2026. As the A’s have said repeatedly, they do not intend to build a new ballpark home for the team at Coliseum, as many in Oakland urge. Instead, they plan to develop the Coliseum land for profit.
The problem is that the City of Oakland first issued the same claim regarding the deal in late 2019 and wound up dropping it after the Oakland A’s convinced the City and a Judge that affordable housing would be part of the development focus.
It’s basically double-jeopardy to charge an entry for the same crime twice. The City of Oakland was happy with the County of Alameda’s Oakland A’s land sale process and intentions, so why can’t the Communities For A Better Environment be happy too?
Moreover, the Communities For A Better Environment press release refers to the July 20th version of the City of Oakland Term Sheet – the one Oakland A’s President Dave Kaval called unacceptable. Well, guess what? There’s a new version dated August 17th 2021 and it says the Oakland A’s agreed to pay for (really help pay for) affordable housing both on and off-site. Given the legal structure behind SB 293 Skinner, that could include the Coliseum Property.
There should be a law that stops this kind of constant, baseless griping over a legal issue already settled.
This is one more reason the A’s are looking at Las Vegas to relocate to.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Amy Trask Bio & Hype Video For Amy Trask Talk On Las Vegas Raiders And Oakland Raiders Culture. September 17, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Running Back Josh Jacobs Ruled Out For Week Two Vs The Steelers By Eric Pangilinan September 17, 2021
- LIVE: New Orleans Saints Player Interviews 9/17/21 Week 2 vs. Panthers September 17, 2021
- Pat McAfee Talks To Tyrod Taylor About Move To Texans, Very Unfortunate Career Path September 17, 2021
- BTS – Permission To Dance in the Live Lounge September 17, 2021
- BTS Announce ‘Permission to Dance’ Online Livestream Concert Event | Billboard News September 17, 2021
- 2017 BMW i3 Range Extender Hatchback Hayward Oakland San Jose Fremont Stockton September 17, 2021
- 2018 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Coupe Hayward Oakland San Jose Fremont Stockton September 17, 2021
- Former AD20 Candidate, Union Organizer Alexis Villalobos Endorses Jennifer Esteen for Assembly September 17, 2021
- Gus Bradley, Greg Olson, Johnathan Abram and Jermaine Eluemunor Presser – 9.16.21 | Raiders September 17, 2021
- Oakland Coliseum JPA Board Meeting Livestream For Friday September 17th 2021 September 17, 2021
- Gabby Petito update: What the final text to her mother said September 17, 2021
- What Is Shiba Inu Coin? | What Is Shiba Inu Coin Used For | Shiba Inu Coin Explained | Simplilearn September 17, 2021
- How Much Will $100 In SHIBA INU Tokens Be In December 2021 Shiba Inu | Price Prediction Simulation September 17, 2021
- Shiba Inu: Dogecoin Killer?? Meme or Something More? 🐶 September 17, 2021
- What Crypto Whales Just Did With Shiba Inu And Why We Must Pay Attention September 17, 2021
- Brian Laundrie’s sister speaks out on Gabby Petito’s disappearance September 17, 2021
- Cat Brooks Guest at Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting September 16, 2021 September 17, 2021
- Oakland Roots to Become Climate Positive by 2022 in Partnership with East Bay Community Energy September 17, 2021
- Amtrak San Joaquin #716 train at Oakland Jack London Square Oakland California September 17, 2021
- Can Homeowners In The U.S. Afford Climate Change? September 17, 2021
- Massive Flash Floods in Washington DC 9/16/2021 September 17, 2021
- Live View of Inspiration4 Dragon Tracker | Cupola View September 17, 2021
- FBI, Bay Area Law Enforcement Take Down Leaders of Infamous Crime Organization September 17, 2021
- Cadillac Sedan Deville on 22″ Gold Zeniths & Vogues from Oakland, Ca EP131 September 17, 2021