ONN – Star Wars Day Is City Of Oakland’s Birthday! Oakland Turns 169 Years Old! Happy Birthday Oakland! – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Star Wars Day Is City Of Oakland’s Birthday! Oakland Turns 169 Years Old! Happy Birthday Oakland!
While everyone seems to know that today is Star Wars Day, May 4th (May The Fourth Be With You!), many do now know that this day is also the City of Oakland’s birthday! Oakland was born as a City on May 4th May 4, 1852.
For some reason, and as long as I have been a resident of our city, Oakland has been allergic to celebrating its own birthday. And given the power of the obvious connection between Star Wars Day and Oakland’s Birthday, you’d think we’d have our own celebration by now, and invite George Lucas and Mark Hamill, and, well, you get the idea.
It seems like Oakland’s so busy fretting about its problems it can’t take time to celebrate itself. How are Oaklanders supposed to feel good about Oakland if the city government can’t show it feels good about Oakland?
We have a problem.
Go To The Alley Cat Bar At 3325 Grand Avenue And Sing The Oakland Song
Let’s celebrate Oakland. Go down to The Alley Cat Bar at 3325 Grand Avenue and belt out the Oakland Song. Here’s the lyrics, for ya:
(wm) Wayne Pope & The Good Time Washboard III (P) The Good Time Washboard III
Verse: I am sure that you’re aware of famous cities everywhere,
The ones they write about in song and verse.
There are songs about Chicago, London, Paris and St. Paul, Buffalo, Miami, and for God’s sake Beaver Falls. Beaver Falls!
But Tin Pan Alley did us wrong, they never wrote a song
About the greatest city of them all.
Now don’t go ’way; I hope you’ll stay
And hear this song I wrote today:
Chorus: Oakland’s got the Tribune Tower
Oakland’s got Lake Merritt too; she’s got Jack London Square
The Alley Cat is there! The Kaiser Center sticks up everywhere
Where did all the people go when ’Frisco burned?
They all went to Oakland and they never returned.
Right outside the city limits scoots a freeway called the Nimitz.
Of all the pretty cities she’s the leader And don’t forget the tube to Alameda
Well, she’s got pride (PRIDE!), hope (HOPE!)
Oh what a view: Oakland we’re for you
(DON’T MEAN MILPITAS!) Oakland we’re for you
This stream is created with #PRISMLiveStudio
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Marjorie Taylor Greene Accused Of Fraud By Local Atlanta TV Station WSB-TV
- dat Krunchy Couple: Trader Joe’s Snack Haul
- Oakland City Council Leaders Email To Rob Manfred MLB Commissioner On Oakland A’s Relocation
- This Pastrami is Oakland’s Best Kept Secret | Word of Mouth
- 1100 Himself on The Meaning Behind The Word “Hyphy” + Explains Oakland Slang. PT.2
- Rose Haze | Oakland Band | Live Performance at Balanced Breakfast’s Showcase | SxSW 2021
- 2421 67th Avenue Oakland, CA | ColdwellBankerHomes.com
- Bike Oakland & Piedmont: Around Mountain View Cemetery
- Oakland Unified School District Announces 2021 Teachers Of The Year
- Colonial Pipeline Paid Darkside Hackers $5 Million In Ransom Money – Bad Idea
- Black Business Roundtable hosted by Oakland’s Own Doug Blacksher
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick