“Stanford Health Care Gives Community Sneak Peek Of New Stanford Hospital” press release to Zennie62Media.
Stanford Health Care Opens Doors to Community for a
Sneak Peek of the New Stanford Hospital
Community Open House September 14th -15th Provides Opportunity to Tour
the New 824,000 Square Foot Hospital Before It Opens for Patient Care this Fall
PALO ALTO, CA – Stanford Health Care is inviting the community to experience a behind the scenes multimedia tour of the new Stanford Hospital, an 824,000 square foot facility that will transform the way that patient care is delivered at Stanford.
The two-day open house features facility and technology tours of new Stanford Hospital and a health and wellness inspired street fair complete with food trucks and family activities. More than 10,000 people have registered for the event.
“Stanford Health Care has long served as a major care provider for the local community, and through the expansion of our world-class academic medical center, we are embarking on an exciting new chapter of this relationship,” said David Entwistle, President and CEO of Stanford Health Care. “The new Stanford Hospital is first and foremost our community’s hospital—a role that we are honored to have—and we are thrilled to share it with local community members before opening to patients later this fall.”
Stanford Health Care docents will lead visitors through a 50-minute tour of the new facility where they will get an up-close look at the technology-rich operating suites and patient rooms, the robots that deliver supplies throughout the hospital, the base isolators that protect the building from a major earthquake, some of the 400 pieces of original art and acres of rooftop gardens. Experts will be on hand to answer questions about the advanced patient care technologies and the building’s design and construction.
“The new Stanford Hospital brings us closer to our vision for Stanford Medicine: to predict, prevent and cure disease—precisely,” said Lloyd Minor, M.D., Dean of the Stanford School of Medicine. “With access to the Stanford School of Medicine’s breakthrough research and facilities, this hospital will set a new global standard, offering patients the most advanced care in a healing environment created to meet the needs of the whole person—socially, emotionally, spiritually and physically.”
The plaza between the original Stanford Hospital and the new facility will host a street fair featuring demonstrations of the latest telehealth and virtual reality tools used in surgery and patient care, health and nutrition advice, Stanford’s therapy dogs, an oversized Operation game, face painting and a teddy bear triage, where children can stuff plush teddy bears and take them home. Visitors can also view the Stanford VOICES digital mural project, a mosaic of more than 4,000 drawings completed by patients, staff and community members commemorating the new hospital opening.
“The Stanford Health Care Community Open House events are a chance for our community to come celebrate their new hospital and all of the incredible resources available to them,” said Linda Meier, Stanford Health Care Board Member and Chair of the Opening Celebration Events. “Guests will have a behind the scenes tour of the beautiful new hospital building, art and gardens and enjoy a street fair with activities for the whole family.”
The free Community Open House runs from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 14 and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 15. For more information, visit: www.stanfordhealthcares.com.
About the new Stanford Hospital
Designed by the internationally recognized firm Rafael Viñoly Architects, the new Stanford Hospital sets a global standard for patient care. The new hospital blends a human-centered approach to care with a razor-sharp focus on integrating technological advancements into every aspect of medical care delivery. Four acres of gardens, original art and sweeping views share the spotlight with state-of-the-art interventional operating and imaging suites, digitally driven patient rooms and access to a premier team of specialists from across Stanford Medicine.
About Stanford Health Care
Stanford Health Care seeks to heal humanity through science and compassion, one patient at a time, through its commitment to care, education and discovery. Stanford Health Care delivers clinical innovation across its inpatient services, specialty health centers, physician offices, virtual care offerings and health plan programs.
Stanford Health Care is part of Stanford Medicine, a leading academic health system that includes the Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford. Stanford Medicine is renowned for breakthroughs in treating cancer, heart disease, brain disorders, and surgical and medical conditions. For more information, visit stanfordhealthcare.org.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Episode 2: The Captain’s Code with Blaine Scully in Conversation with Jack Clark October 17, 2021
- Paralyzed Cal Rugby Star Walks Across Stage to Receive College Diploma October 17, 2021
- Lincoln Anniversary Concept 2021 October 17, 2021
- Lincoln Anniversary Concept – A concept car that shows how Lincoln vehicles will look in 2040 October 17, 2021
- 2022 Lincoln Zephyr Reflection – Interior and Exterior Walkaround – 2021 Shanghai motor show October 17, 2021
- Driving Downtown San Francisco | California USA [4K 60 UHD] October 17, 2021
- Former Homeless Man: San Francisco’s Approach to Homelessness Will Lead to More Homeless | Tom Wolf October 17, 2021
- Self-driving Waymo cars pile up on dead-end San Francisco street October 17, 2021
- San Francisco, Marin Counties Lift Indoor Mask Mandates in Some Settings October 17, 2021
- San Francisco threatens to fire unvaccinated city workers October 17, 2021
- NFL John Gruden Emails Football Press Conference Cold Open – SNL October 17, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Should Go After Eric Bieniemy For Head Coach By Eric Pangilinan October 17, 2021
- Daniel Craig Cameo On SNL With Rami Malek As Host – No Time To Die Stars On Saturday Night Live October 17, 2021
- Film Study: Raiders Offensive Line looks Much Improved vs Bears October 17, 2021
- Braves vs Dodgers Series Preview: #MLB #Baseball #ForTheA #Dodgers #RepeatLA #MLBPlayoffs October 16, 2021
- Stolen Vehicle Pursuit Ends With Bus Crash Into Oakland Home October 16, 2021
- James Bond No Time To Die At Cinemark 17 Fayetteville GA – Our Review Of Daniel Craig’s Classic October 16, 2021
- Best of Jordan Poole’s 2021-22 Preseason! October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Marcus Mariota Activated To The Active Roster By Eric Pangilinan October 16, 2021
- Boxing Who Will Tyson Fury Fight Next? Anthony Joshua ? By Eric Pangilinan October 16, 2021
- AYS! CHAMP DEWAYNE BEAMON! NFL SURPRISES! RAIDERS PREVIEW! FREE PICKS! MLB PLAYOFFS! JOHN GRUDEN!! October 16, 2021
- Raiders Prepare for First Game Without Gruden | Vegas Nation Gameday October 16, 2021
- Paul Salata NFL Mr Irrelevant Week Founder And Great Friend Passed Away October 16, 2021
- On NFL Emails Jeff Pash, Bruce Allen Vlog By Joseph Armendariz – Setting The Record Straight, Gruden October 16, 2021
- Should The Raiders Hire Eric Bieniemy & Mike Kafka In 2022? Mike Mayock Will Also Get Fired? Q&A October 16, 2021
- Dodgers NLCS vs the Braves: Bubble Rematch for the Pennant | MLB Postseason 2021 October 16, 2021
- Red Sox vs. Astros ALCS Game 1 Highlights (10/15/21) | MLB Highlights October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Would Mark Davis Promote Gus Bradley To Head Coach ? By Eric Pangilinan October 16, 2021
- Imagine the Gateway at UC Berkeley October 16, 2021
- Xanadu, Primus, A Tribute to Kings, Berkeley, CA., October 15, 2021 October 16, 2021