ONN – Someone Is Shooting A Gun Just Over An Hour, Hourly, Daily, In Oakland – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Someone Is Shooting A Gun Just Over An Hour, Hourly, Daily, In Oakland
As the mainstream media focused exclusively on the naming of LeRonne Armstrong as the new Oakland Police Chief, the Oakland Police Department released the latest data from its ShotSpotter system. ShotSpotter records shots in a given area, in this case, five different Oakland areas in the flatlands.
What ShotSpotter revealed was that there were 220 recorded gun shots from February 1 to February 7th 2021. There were a total of 997 gun shots recorded by ShotSpotter in Oakland for the year to date. But the 220 shots divided by six days (assuming that the day periods are estimated such that day 7 is midnight, rather than the end of that day), yields 36.6 gun shots over that period, or just over 1.5 shots per hour. That’s much greater than the 24 gun shots per hour for the total year to date. The point is, the use of guns is increasing in Oakland.
The reasons for this have nothing to do with police ranks and everything to do with lack of money. Oakland activists like John Jones, who will be on Zennie62 YouTube live Thursday February 11th at 5 PM EST, say that helping to improve the financial position of the middle class in Oakland who are suffering during The Pandemic would cause gun use to decrease.
Indeed, that claim is supported in the literature. The Urban Institute, in “Economic Impacts Of Gun Violence” reports that:
While the specific economic effects of gun violence differ by city, the results demonstrate that gun violence is detrimental to neighborhood economic health. “Surges” occur when gun violence increases sharply and suddenly. In the neighborhoods where gun violence surges take place, they significantly reduce the growth of new retail and service businesses, leading fewer local jobs to be available for neighborhood residents and fewer local establishment available for residents to shop at. And, housing values appreciate more slowly.
It does not take much thought to realize that local Oakland policy responses to The Pandemic, like forcing businesses to close without compensation, and World economic harm done by The Pandemic, have caused the current problem of dramatic economic decline.
But that fact has not stopped the Oakland electeds from arguing over police spending, and ugly name calling. The fact is, reductions in police spending have not caused increased gun use, economic problems due to The Pandemic have. The watch word should be “grants not guns” in Oakland.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Grand Lake Theater Staff Fundraiser Still Short Of $35K Goal At $30,283 As Of April 13 2021
- 2/24/21 OUSD School Board Meeting – Resolution for Reparations for Black Students
- Press Conference 4/12/ 21
- Oakland City Council Unanimously Votes To Use $10 Million To Restore Vital Community Services
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce Good On Greens, Fish, Shrimp, And Pasta. Mark Zuckerberg, Thanks!
- Patriots WR Julian Edelman Retires After 11 Years. HOF Next? By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Rapper RIFF RAFF Partnering With NFT Platform Sweet For NFT Collection For Turquoise Tornado Album
- Julian Edelman Failed Physical – Is This The End For Patriots Great Wide Receiver?
- Analyzing NEW Bucs 7-Round Mock Draft
- Zennie62Media Helps OUSD And Oakland REACH, Which Ignores Its Oakland News Now For Lesser NY Times
- Daunte Wright Shooting Was Accidental Says Brooklyn Center MN Police Chief, Gun Pulled Not Taser
- 2021 NFL Mock Draft [FULL 1st Round] | CBS Sports HQ
- President Biden White House Issues American Jobs Plan State By State Report
- Drone Aerial Footage Of Downtown Oakland, City Center, Using The DJI MINI
- Giant Community Band Plays At Oakland Lake Merritt On Sunday
- Will Someone Tell Andy Ngo A Black Guy Protesting Does Not Mean He’s From Black Lives Matter
- Brooklyn Center MN Police Killing Black 20-Yr Old Daunte Wright Over Air-Freshener Leads To Protests
- My Big Fat Greek Wedding 3 Has Tango Shalom Star Lainie Kazan Starring With Nia Vardalos
- Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf, Then Councilmember, At Oakland Global Intermodal Groundbreaking In 2013
- Storytime With Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf At Oakland Public Library On YouTube