ONN – Someone Is Shooting A Gun Just Over An Hour, Hourly, Daily, In Oakland – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Someone Is Shooting A Gun Just Over An Hour, Hourly, Daily, In Oakland
As the mainstream media focused exclusively on the naming of LeRonne Armstrong as the new Oakland Police Chief, the Oakland Police Department released the latest data from its ShotSpotter system. ShotSpotter records shots in a given area, in this case, five different Oakland areas in the flatlands.
What ShotSpotter revealed was that there were 220 recorded gun shots from February 1 to February 7th 2021. There were a total of 997 gun shots recorded by ShotSpotter in Oakland for the year to date. But the 220 shots divided by six days (assuming that the day periods are estimated such that day 7 is midnight, rather than the end of that day), yields 36.6 gun shots over that period, or just over 1.5 shots per hour. That’s much greater than the 24 gun shots per hour for the total year to date. The point is, the use of guns is increasing in Oakland.
The reasons for this have nothing to do with police ranks and everything to do with lack of money. Oakland activists like John Jones, who will be on Zennie62 YouTube live Thursday February 11th at 5 PM EST, say that helping to improve the financial position of the middle class in Oakland who are suffering during The Pandemic would cause gun use to decrease.
Indeed, that claim is supported in the literature. The Urban Institute, in “Economic Impacts Of Gun Violence” reports that:
While the specific economic effects of gun violence differ by city, the results demonstrate that gun violence is detrimental to neighborhood economic health. “Surges” occur when gun violence increases sharply and suddenly. In the neighborhoods where gun violence surges take place, they significantly reduce the growth of new retail and service businesses, leading fewer local jobs to be available for neighborhood residents and fewer local establishment available for residents to shop at. And, housing values appreciate more slowly.
It does not take much thought to realize that local Oakland policy responses to The Pandemic, like forcing businesses to close without compensation, and World economic harm done by The Pandemic, have caused the current problem of dramatic economic decline.
But that fact has not stopped the Oakland electeds from arguing over police spending, and ugly name calling. The fact is, reductions in police spending have not caused increased gun use, economic problems due to The Pandemic have. The watch word should be “grants not guns” in Oakland.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Raiders Mark Davis Right, We’re Wrong About Derek Chauvin Verdict Tweet, Here’s Why
- Oakland Police Should March In Solidarity With Black Community Post Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season