ONN – Someone Is Shooting A Gun Just Over An Hour, Hourly, Daily, In Oakland – vlog by Zennie62 YouTube
Someone Is Shooting A Gun Just Over An Hour, Hourly, Daily, In Oakland
As the mainstream media focused exclusively on the naming of LeRonne Armstrong as the new Oakland Police Chief, the Oakland Police Department released the latest data from its ShotSpotter system. ShotSpotter records shots in a given area, in this case, five different Oakland areas in the flatlands.
What ShotSpotter revealed was that there were 220 recorded gun shots from February 1 to February 7th 2021. There were a total of 997 gun shots recorded by ShotSpotter in Oakland for the year to date. But the 220 shots divided by six days (assuming that the day periods are estimated such that day 7 is midnight, rather than the end of that day), yields 36.6 gun shots over that period, or just over 1.5 shots per hour. That’s much greater than the 24 gun shots per hour for the total year to date. The point is, the use of guns is increasing in Oakland.
The reasons for this have nothing to do with police ranks and everything to do with lack of money. Oakland activists like John Jones, who will be on Zennie62 YouTube live Thursday February 11th at 5 PM EST, say that helping to improve the financial position of the middle class in Oakland who are suffering during The Pandemic would cause gun use to decrease.
Indeed, that claim is supported in the literature. The Urban Institute, in “Economic Impacts Of Gun Violence” reports that:
While the specific economic effects of gun violence differ by city, the results demonstrate that gun violence is detrimental to neighborhood economic health. “Surges” occur when gun violence increases sharply and suddenly. In the neighborhoods where gun violence surges take place, they significantly reduce the growth of new retail and service businesses, leading fewer local jobs to be available for neighborhood residents and fewer local establishment available for residents to shop at. And, housing values appreciate more slowly.
It does not take much thought to realize that local Oakland policy responses to The Pandemic, like forcing businesses to close without compensation, and World economic harm done by The Pandemic, have caused the current problem of dramatic economic decline.
But that fact has not stopped the Oakland electeds from arguing over police spending, and ugly name calling. The fact is, reductions in police spending have not caused increased gun use, economic problems due to The Pandemic have. The watch word should be “grants not guns” in Oakland.
Note from Zennie62Media’s Zennie62 YouTube and Oakland News Now Today Blog SF Bay Area: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. What we call “The Third Wave of Media”. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- China’s economy suffers major setbacks October 28, 2021
- ABC 10 News San Diego KGTV Latest Headlines | October 28, 7am October 28, 2021
- Could kids vaccines end the pandemic? October 28, 2021
- Joe Harris Breaks the Brooklyn Nets Three-Point Record October 28, 2021
- ESPN reacts to World Series: Houston Astros level up against Braves at 1-1 with 7-2 win in Game 2 October 28, 2021
- Big Oil heads to Washington to discuss climate change, disinformation October 28, 2021
- FREE Sports Betting Picks October 28, 2021|Free NBA Picks Today | NBA Predictions| NBA Picks Tonight October 28, 2021
- Ethel M Cactus Garden returns for the holidays October 28, 2021
- Asia is the epicenter for wealth creation: Citi CEO October 28, 2021
- Day 2 of the Assange extradition hearing October 28, 2021
- As NFL trade deadline nears, one move would signal Packers are all in on Aaron Rodgers October 28, 2021
- 2022 GMC Sierra AT4X vs 2022 Chevrolet Silverado ZR2 October 28, 2021
- Earnings roundup: Caterpillar, Ford, & eBay beat estimates – here’s what this means for the stocks October 28, 2021
- Santa Fe County sheriff discusses ‘Rust’ shooting investigation October 28, 2021
- FDA warns about drug packaged to look like candy October 28, 2021
- Pistons vs. 76ers 10/28/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 28, 2021
- Spurs vs. Mavericks 10/28/21 FREE NBA Picks and Predictions on NBA Betting Tips for Today October 28, 2021
- No injuries in fire at low-income housing complex for seniors October 28, 2021
- New details on gun used in fatal shooting on ‘Rust’ set October 28, 2021
- Storm brings tornado and flood threats to South October 28, 2021
- Food Truck Sem Menu I Episódio 04 October 28, 2021
- Braves vs Astros World Series Game 2 Recap | CBS Sports HQ October 28, 2021
- LIVE: New Orleans Saints Interviews 10/28/21 Week 8 vs Tampa Bay Bucs October 28, 2021
- 2021 MLB on FOX World Series Game 2 Intro/Theme October 28, 2021
- Biden To Unveil New Framework For Human Infrastructure Plan October 28, 2021
- FIRST TAKE | Stephen A. “Derek Carr is NFL MVP” as Las Vegas Raiders BEAT Philadelphia Eagles Week 7 October 28, 2021
- Food Truck Sem Menu I Episódio 02 October 28, 2021
- Food Truck Sem Menu I Episódio 03 October 28, 2021
- Attempted kidnapping in Sacramento County: Surveillance video shows man jumping in to help October 28, 2021
- Marine praised for stopping attempted robbery October 28, 2021
- 5 #Short Facts about Happy Corbin! October 28, 2021
- Kroenke In Financial Trouble – Zakaria Linked With Arsenal Move – Leicester Game Is Crucial October 28, 2021
- Full interview: Dan Wallach breaks down the latest drama between NFL, Kroenke in St. Louis lawsuit October 28, 2021
- Could Stan Kroenke be setting stage for NFL’s return to St. Louis? | Pro Football Talk | NBC Sports October 28, 2021
- Final Thoughts: Packers vs. Cardinals October 28, 2021
- Former player with Chicago Blackhawks breaks silence about alleged abuse by coach October 28, 2021
- Why the Alameda County vote was CRITICAL for Howard Terminal Ballpark October 28, 2021
- Delta College creates accelerated program for certified nursing assistants October 28, 2021
- White House announces new framework on spending priorities October 28, 2021
- Mattel CEO Kreiz weighs in on supply chain issues amid holidays October 28, 2021