On Tuesday, February 16, 2021, the State of California, in partnership with the Biden Administration, will begin offering COVID vaccinations to eligible residents, with an emphasis on the most affected communities in Alameda County. The site will be able to administer up to 6,000 vaccines a day.
Beginning today, February 15, 2021, community members in any of the following groups can schedule appointments for vaccination at the Oakland Coliseum site:
long term care residents, and
Emergency Services and
Individuals 65 and older
Community members are able to access appointment openings by visiting MyTurn or calling 1-833-422-4255.
Councilmember Treva Reid and I, are pleased that the state and federal government has moved quickly to answer the call to bring a mass vaccination site to Oakland. Along with our colleagues on the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Authority (“OACCA”), took action at their first meeting of the year on January 15, 2021, to approve the creation of a taskforce to make the Coliseum a large-scale vaccination site, passed a City of Oakland Resolution requesting for state and federal aid, and have worked with stakeholders, including the A’s and Alameda County Public Health to make the Coliseum site really available. The coliseum site is located within the highest concentration of communities of concern, who have been historically underserved and currently with highest COVID positive rates.
Whether or not you are yet eligible for a vaccine appointment, you can sign up now on the MyTurn site to be notified when you are eligible.
In addition, we are working with State and Federal partners to improve their equitable outreach to underserved communities, and to launch more mobile vaccination sites in partnership with local community based organizations.
See Congresswoman Barbara Lee applauds Oakland Coliseum vaccination site
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: What Was Las Vegas Thinking With That Derek Chauvin Verdict Entry?
- Raiders “I Can Breathe” Tweet: No One Black Made That Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict Entry
- President Biden and Vice President Harris Address the Nation on the Derek Chauvin Trial Verdict
- Oakland Tech’s Ahmed Muhammad School’s 1st Black Male Valedictorian On Day Of Derek Chauvin Verdict
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Livestream Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- Derek Chauvin Murder Trial Verdict Reaction Vlog After Murder Of George Floyd
- WATCH LIVE: Jury in Derek Chauvin trial expected to return a verdict
- Oakland School News: OUSD Unveil’s New Green Schoolyard In Celebration Of Earth Day
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass