Sid & Marty Krofft will give San Diego Comic Con 2018 audience members details on a brand new project for grownups that employs all of their iconic characters from each of their shows. The producers say it’s big and exciting. And its exclusive for San Diego Comic-Con 2018 to be held in Room 23ABC, July 21st (Time to be announced.)
If you were a child during the last 50 years, as I was (and why this is Zennie62Media), the mere mention of their names leaves you singing at least a half a dozen theme songs from HR Pufnstuf, Sigmund The Sea Monster, The Bugaboos, Lidsville, Land of the Lost and more.
Sid & Marty Krofft received the Lifetime Achievement Award at the 45th Daytime Emmys and are coming back to San Diego Comic Con. After producing 73 episodes of MUTT & STUFF for Nickelodeon, the legendary producers have just produced two 1-hour MUTT & STUFF specials, and are preparing for the MUTT & STUFF LIVE Tour. The producers ask you to come and hear showbiz stories and tales from the 1970s all the way through to today.
Sid & Marty Krofft (http://www.sidandmartykrofft.com) are legends to generations who enjoyed shows like Donny & Marie, Pryors Place, The Brady Bunch Hour, Barbra Mandrell and the Mandrell Sisters, D.C. Follies, etc and their characters became family members to children around the globe who were riveted to their televisions for H.R Pufnstuf, Land of the Lost, Sigmund & The Sea Monsters, Lidsville, Lost Saucer, Electra Woman & Dyna Girl or Mutt & Stuff and so much more.
Their roster of show stars included David Arquette, Richard Pryor, Will Farell, Jim Neighbors, Ruth Buzzi, Timothy Bottoms, Deidre Hall, Cesar Millan, Chuck McCann, Bob Denver, Jack Wild, Anson Williams, Martha Raye, Johnny Whitaker, Rip Taylor, Butch Patrick, Barbara Mandrell, Florence Henderson, Charles Nelson Reilly, Billie Hayes, Margaret Hamilton, Donny and Marie Osmond, not to mention just about every politician who feared that Marty would make a puppet of them if they didnt appear on the D.C. Follies.
Many of the most colorful and fondly remembered children’s series of the 1970s and 1980s sprang from the imaginations of Sid and Marty Krofft. Their groundbreaking, live-action fantasy shows were mainstays of the Saturday morning airwaves, which had previously been the exclusive domain of cartoons. To this day, DVD box sets of beloved Krofft creations H.R. Pufnstuf, Lidsville, and Land of the Lost are brisk sellers, a testament to the artistry and charm of the Krofft brothers and the magical spell they cast on generations of TV viewers.
The Kroffts made their television debut in 1969 with NBC’s H.R. Pufnstuf, which centered on the magical adventures of boy named Jimmy, a talking flute and a six-foot dragon. The series, which introduced the brothers’ innovative mix of live-action and puppetry, was made into a Universal Pictures feature in 1970. The show continues to be broadcast around the world. Pufnstuf was quickly followed by on NBC (1970) and Lidsville on ABC (1971). Sigmund & the Sea Monsters and Land Of The Lost premiered on NBC in 1973 and in 1974, respectively. Later kids shows included Far Out Space Nuts, Lost Saucer and The Krofft Supershow, which included installments of Wonderbug, Big Foot & Wildboy, Electra Woman & Dyna Girl, Dr. Shrinker and Captain Kool and the Kongs.
In the 1970s and 1980s, the Kroffts also found success as producers of popular primetime variety series such as the top-rated The Donny and Marie Series on ABC and Barbara Mandrell & the Mandrell Sisters, which reached as high as #10 on the charts, along with the beloved The Brady Bunch Variety Hours.
In 1984, the Kroffts made the bold move of giving comedian Richard Pryor his own award-winning Saturday morning children’s series on CBS, Pryor’s Place. Besides capitalizing on Pryor’s irreverent humor, the show explored important social issues such as child abuse, divorce and the importance of reading. The Kroffts got political in 1987 with D.C. Follies, a satirical TV series lampooning current events with amazing, larger-than-life puppets of celebrities, politicians and newsmakers. In 2009, Sid and Marty were presented with the Pop Culture Award at the TV Land Awards.
As Sid & Marty Krofft are approach their “Golden Anniversary”, they’re still going strong as they have created three series and five pilots in the past three years. The three series include the 2-time Emmy nominated Nickelodeon television series Mutt & Stuff, a remake of Electra Woman & Dyna Girl, which aired on Fullscreen from Legendary, and a remake of Sigmund and the Sea Monsters, which is currently airing on Amazon with David Arquette starring as Captain Barnabas. Included among the pilots are a remake of their beloved The Bugaloos and an original science series starring The Big Bang Theory’s Mayim Bialik called Mayim’s WonderLab.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- OaklandLocalNews.com Content Theft Website Steals From Oakland News Now – Report It To Google September 27, 2021
- NFL Notable Stats And Milestones For Week 3, 2021 Season September 27, 2021
- SF 49ers Leave 37 Secs For Green Bay Packers To Drive To Kick 53 Yd Field Goal, Win 30 To 28 September 26, 2021
- INSANE Ending! Miami Dolphins vs Las Vegas Raiders September 26, 2021
- Sarah Everard death received more attention than Sabina Nessa’s, but WHY? September 26, 2021
- Sabina Nessa – The Teacher Murdered In South London | Investigation So Far September 26, 2021
- Gruden, Carr, Renfrow, Hayward Jr., Ruggs III and Barber Postgame Pressers | Week 3 vs. Dolphins September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders First Time The AFC West Is Wide Open Since 2011 By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Ravens Locker Room Reaction After Detroit Win September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Thoughts On 3-0 Raiders And L.A Booster Club Celebration By Joseph Armendariz September 26, 2021
- 2 men fatally shot near Oakland’s Laurel District September 26, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Make NFL History By Eric Pangilinan September 26, 2021
- Rob Gronkowski Injured: 2021 Bucs Vs Rams. September 26, 2021
- Marshon Lattimore on Win in Return | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers vs Los Angeles Rams Highlights 3rd – Qtr | NFL Week 3 | September 26, 2021 September 26, 2021
- Sean Payton on Week 3 Win | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Jameis Winston on Week 3 Win at New England | Saints-Patriots Postgame September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s QF Roundup September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Men’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.2] September 26, 2021
- Squash: Oracle Netsuite Open 2021 – Women’s Rd 1 Roundup [Pt.1] September 26, 2021
- Michael Irvin SHOCKED Kansas City Chiefs loss to Los Angeles Chargers 30-24 in Week 3 September 26, 2021
- 1991 Oakland Hills Fire Focus Of Disaster Movie Starring LeVar Burton September 26, 2021