Oakland, Ca – On Tuesday night, April 16th 2019, Oakland’s full City Council voted on whether or not to collect the Measure AA tax (Children’s Initiative of 2018).
Last year, Measure “AA” was put forth to Oakland voters. The measure received about 62 percent voter approval and on the official election site of Alameda County, including Oakland’s City Attorney, Barbara Parker’s ballot statement, stated that it would require a two-thirds vote, which would call for at least 66 percent voter approval.
In December of 2018, the Oakland City Council, which included three Councilmembers who are no longer on the City Council – Campbell Washington (D4), Guillen (D2), Brooks (D6) – voted to certify Measure AA as passing with 6 ayes, 1 no (McElhaney) and 1 absent (Brooks).
Councilmember Sheng Thao’s statement (District 4 representative):
“I’m a strong supporter of Early Childhood Education and openly supported and voted for Measure AA when it was on the ballot this past November. My vote tonight at Council to NOT collect Measure AA tax is about maintaining the voters’ trust, integrity and ensuring transparency with Oakland voters.”
The motion passes Tuesday to NOT collect the tax, thus the Council will be directing the City Administrator not to collect first year Measure AA tax and the City Council will review the issue in a year to see where litigation lies.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared
- Oakland City Council President Nikki Fortunato Bas On Mayor Schaaf’s Budget
- Oakland Adams Point Apartment Target Of Would Be Robber Caught-On-Camera Mother’s Day Evening
- Elon Musk Wario – Wario Is Elon Musk On SNL And Vinny Lospinuso Shares His Vlog Thoughts
- Star Trek’s Lt. Uhura Nichelle Nichols On Meeting President Obama
- Happy Mother’s Day, Today, Everyone! Enjoy Your Mom!
- Grand Lake Theater Marquee In Oakland Says Wait Almost Over, Reopens Late May 2021
- Fata Fut News: Today Top Trending News | 11 AM | 9 May 2021 – TV9
- New Trending Instagram Reels Videos | All Famous TikTok Star | Today Viral Insta Reels | Insta Reels
- Mount Zion Oakland Mother’s Day Church Service 2021
- Home For Sale At 9124 Lawlor St Oakland, CA
- Medina Sprit Had Steroids, May Lose Kentucky Derby Win, Trainer Bob Baffert Banned
- Jarrett Stidham Vs Mac Jones For Backup To Cam Newton In Auburn Vs Alabama Clash Of Patriots QBs