ONN – SFist, a San Francisco-based news blog site, is back. The online publication that was part of the “Gothamist” series of websites owned by billionaire Joe Ricketts, has been acquired by San Francisco-based media company Impress3 Media.
Impress3 Media was established October 30, 2013, according to Crunchbase. The founders are Gabriele Genghini, Paul Frielman, and Zachary Chen. It’s listed as focusing on “Content Automation, Local News, Industry News, Videos” – much like my Zennie62Media. Still, clearly a different path for SFist from the past.
In 2009, SFist discovered me via my rant about J.J. Abrams Star Trek, and my Zennie62 on YouTube viral video of a fight that took place in front of Harry’s Bar on Fillmore during the Fillmore Jazz Festival. The video was and is a kind of Rorschach test for society. Anyway, SFist wrote “Zennie sounds like he could be one of the most interesting people this city has got going for it. In addition to ruminating on Star Trek or Giants games, he comes across great action around town.”
The “Fight on Fillmore at Fillmore Jazz Festival” video: https://youtu.be/vvQXjh-NnLM
The only issue I had with the SFist editors at the time was what I perceived was a developing pattern of the publication making fun of anything I pointed to that was racist. Hopefully, the new SFist will seek to have a better relationship with me.
The Impact Of Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, On Media
Beyond me, the story of what Joe Ricketts did in closing the Gothamist, and SFist, is intructional. The billionaire founder of TD Ameritrade wrote “I’m hopeful that in time, someone will crack the code on a business that can support exceptional neighborhood storytelling.” Workers of the publications argue back that it was their desire to unionize that caused Ricketts to shut them down. I contend that both Ricketts and his workers failed to see the real cause of the demise of the publications: social media.
According to a late 2018 Pew Research Survey, 68 percent of Americans get their news via social media. And the leaders in where eyeballs are placed are Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit, with Instagram and Snapchat pulling up the rear because of they are image-based. But the pattern of gaining information from and handful of social media sites is so hard-wired that much of news today is either gotten from one of those platforms, or those platforms are used to communicate that info.
That dynamic, alone, has contributed to the demise of local news publications. There is a way out of this…
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network – part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Related Posts (YARPP)
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Raiders Josh Jacobs Was Not happy Losing Hudson And Jackson – By Eric Pangilinan
- Boxing Oscar De La Hoya Coming Out Of Retirement- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Derek Carr Supports Teammate Carl Nassib – By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Receiver John Brown Building Chemistry With QB Derek Carr
- John McAfee, Who Ran For President vs Donald Trump In 2015, Died In Spanish Prison
- Loki Lamentis Review Recap – By Jessica Dwyer
- Loki Episode 3: Does The Ark Reference Have Symbolic Meaning To Noah’s Ark? By Joseph Armendariz
- 2412 Kingsland Ave Oakland, CA 94601
- Bike Oakland/Alameda: Bay Trail & Bay Farm Island
- Oakland City Budget 2021-23: Oakland City Council President Bas Presents Amendments
- 2020 USWNT U.S. Olympics Women’s Soccer Team Announced June 23 2021
- IKEA in Atlanta Under Fire For Juneteenth Celebration Menu By Joseph Armendariz
- Loki Is Bisexual Says Director Kate Herron – But What Would Thor Say About That?
- My Cryptocurrency Portfolio Is Up Today, June 23 2021; Changed Its Composition. What Works For You?
- Howard Terminal Oakland Ballpark Project Clearing Up Errors In Reporting Regarding TIF, SB293 Skinner
- Loki Episode 3. Did This Episode Fail To Deliver? By Joseph Armendariz
- Kathleen Matz Takes Issue With My Oakland Juneteeth Shooting Vlog, Reflects A Basic Racial Problem
- The Race To Become New York Mayor- By Eric Pangilinan
- Raiders Top Draft Picks Continue To Shine In Training Camp – By Eric Pangilinan
- New York City Mayoral Primary Puts Spotlight On Ranked-Choice Voting
Oakland News Now Archives
- Dynamic Group to break ground on 16-unit AD facility – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Dutch wood pellet imports reached new high in 2020 – Bioenergy Insight Magazine
- Oakland City Council Members Join Vigil in Honor of Victims of Juneteenth Shooting – NBC Bay Area – California News Times
- Crowd gathers at Lake Merritt to mourn 22-year-old man killed in mass shooting – San Francisco Chronicle
- Bishop Barber of Oakland: Unmasked Massgoers Should Not Be ‘Policed’ – National Catholic Register
- Juneteenth Celebration at Lake Merritt in Oakland, Calif. – The Pioneer
- Athletics race to large, early lead, defeat Rangers 13-6 – Associated Press
- List of possible A’s ballpark sites grows, 3rd Las Vegas trip planned – Las Vegas Review-Journal
- Bay Briefing: Where Bay Area small businesses got help — and where they didn’t – San Francisco Chronicle
- Oakland crowd twerks on ambulance, blocks responders after deadly shooting – Fox News