Oakland News Now – Maria Ayerdi Kaplan received specific thanks and congratulations from San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee. This was on March 27th 2013 groundbreaking for Salesforce Tower, located at 1st and Mission in San Francisco.
This new video is part of a longer video of the same event (and comes right after Ayerdi Kaplan’s speech), but never before has any media outlet showed just this part of the ceremony. As Mayor Lee, who passed away on December 12th 2017, said, Maria, in her role as developer of Salesforce Transit Center and the Transbay Joint Powers Authority itself, not only survived three Mayors of San Francisco (Willie Brown, Gavin Newsome, and Ed Lee), but many changes in the market surrounding the transit center, and in development law itself.
Mayor Lee said this:
“I want to begin by thanking Maria because she’s now on her third mayor and if you’re someone who’s heading up such an important project for the city and
you have to transition every time a mayor comes in one has to appreciate the anxiety the twists and turns the foresight the confidence that she must continue instilling in her small staff but more importantly in the investor community because this is where it’s at.
And if she doesn’t have a good story tell with a lot of confidence that her job is gonna be even harder and the economy did not help in the last ten years to make that story any better. So you know with that I want to just give a hearty thanks to Maria’s leadership for the last decade and a half of just putting this project and continuing her perseverance in the effort to make this Center happen.”
Maria Ayerdi Kaplan is the (now former) Executive Director of The Transbay Joint Powers Authority and developer of Salesforce Transit Center, the giant $2 billion terminal that serves to invite buses and eventually trains into San Francisco and from Oakland and the East Bay, and the South Bay Area, California.
Oakland News Now Note: this post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental mobile media video-blogging system network that’s part of a new approach to the production of media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 onYouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and social media pages. The objective is real-time on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. We are constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Live: Dr. Fauci Testifies At Senate Hearing On Covid-19 Response | NBC News
- Watching Amanda Gorman Keynote At Professional Business Woman California Conference 2021
- Ben Barlett Berkeley Councilmember Meetings On Traffic, Fire Safety This Week
- Ultra Black News | Ahmed Muhammad | Oakland Tech’s First Black Male Valedictorian
- Asian American Attacks: Couple Dragged In Brazen Parking Lot Robbery In Oakland
- 5 7 2021 Auto Accident Hit N Run Oakland East 14th & 2nd
- Zennie62 YouTube At 2008 DNC Convention, United Airlines Flight To Denver, Meeting Ashley Wolfe Long
- Kenny Mayne: ESPN Tried To Keep Kenny Mayne For Less But He Said No – No Tears Here
- Andrew Peterson Oakland CIO Gets Harari Conscious Leadership And Social Innovation Award
- Oakland Councilmember Sheng Thao And Oakland Mutual Aid Collective Will Distribute PPE Kits To Students May 11th
- Ca Governor Gavin Newsom’s $100 Billion Rental Assistance Plan Debut With Oakland Mayor Schaff
- Governor Newsom Unveils his Economic Recovery Package
- Tim Sullivan Of Louisville Courier Journal Ambush Marketing In-And-Out Burger On CNN?
- Rotary Club Of Oakland Features Gary Meyer On The Oscars May 06 2021
- Resurrection Oakland Church | May 9, 2021. 10am
- Sharing The Beauty Of Lake Merritt, Oakland, California – Mothers Day 2021
- Mothers Day Drum Circle – Lake Merritt, Oakland, California, 2021
- Bike Oakland & Alameda: Alameda, Bay Farm, and 66th Ave
- Port of Oakland Trade Boom: Wan Hai Lines Connects U.S. And Asia In 2021
- Oakland City Budget Forgets Cybersecurity As USA’s Largest Pipeline Gets Ransomwared