ONN – Scott McKibben Is An Asset To The Oakland Coliseum JPA As Executive Director
Atlanta – This is to say that Scott McKibben has been an asset to the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Complex. When he came in as a new hire, unofficially in 2014, he took over for an executive director who did not understand the business of sports. In fast action, Scott made a number of changes to the Coliseum JPA, but most notable was his relationships with the Oakland A’s, Oakland Raiders, and Golden State Warriors.
Indeed, it was his relationship with Mark Davis, Marc Badain, and the Oakland Raiders that was key in securing better rent payments for the Oakland Coliseum Stadium.
Overall, Scott has doubled the value of the Coliseum Stadium, and in total has taken a number of actions that have helped its future. The RingCentral Naming Rights Deal was gotten in the clear face of sports team departures. Scott has worked tirelessly to overcome the departures of the Raiders, A’s, and Warriors, and preserve the Coliseum as a business going concern. He should be rewarded for his work.
Here’s Scott McKibben’s biography.
P. Scott McKibben
Scott McKibben was appointed Executive Director of Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Authority in February 2015.
Mr. McKibben served as the CEO/Commissioner of the A-11 Football League. He oversaw all day-to-day operations of the League, including media contracts, sports, licensing and all philanthropic activities.
Mr. McKibben was appointed Executive Director of the Tournament of Roses and Rose Bowl Game in October 2009. As Executive Director, He is administratively responsible for leading the professional staff and supporting the 935 volunteers who plan and stage the world-renowned Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game®. He also sits on the Rose Bowl Management Committee in his capacity as the Executive Director.
Scott McKibben was appointed Executive Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer of the Los Angeles Times Media Group in August 2008. He was responsible for the business side of the Los Angeles Times, KTLA and latimes.com.
Scott McKibben joined Freedom Communications as President and Publisher of The Gazette in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Divisional Vice President for the Central Region in November 2006. In August 2005, he was named President of Western Colorprint, a national newspaper marketing company based in Denver, Colorado. Western Colorprint represents over 400 Sunday newspapers nationwide.
In August 2003, Scott McKibben was named President and Publisher of The San Francisco Examiner and Independent Newspaper Group. Total market circulation 450,000.
Scott McKibben was named President and Publisher/ANG Newspapers in March 1997. Prior to that, he was Publisher of the Topeka Capital Journal, and formerly publisher of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. He was general manager of the Dallas Times Herald prior to its closing in January 1992. He previously worked as advertising director of the 355,000 circulation Dallas newspaper.
Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, into a newspaper family, he moved three times as his father changed executive positions at newspapers. His brother is the former publisher of the Denver Post, where his brother-in-law also works. Another brother was formerly employed at the Milwaukee Journal.
Scott McKibben attended the University of Wisconsin — River Falls, where he played hockey and pursued studies with the intention of becoming a hockey coach. He graduated with degrees in education and business, and earned credits toward his MBA.
Scott McKibben started his career in 1975 as a retail sales account executive for the Green Bay Press-Gazette. He has since held positions in other Wisconsin newspapers, in South Dakota and Iowa, and at the Philadelphia Inquirer, before joining the Dallas paper in 1989.
In 2001, he led a local Super Bowl Oakland effort for the City of Oakland that culminated with a presentation on behalf of the City of Oakland to the NFL owners at their annual meeting. He has been very involved in many community philanthropic and community organizations as both a board member and fundraiser.
Scott McKibben is an avid jogger and a nine-handicap golfer. He likes to travel and enjoys spending time with his family.
Scott McKibben has been honored to speak at various newspaper industry functions and American Press Institute sessions as a motivational speaker.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
You may also like
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- Jon Gruden Out, NBA Vaccine Policy, Fury v Wilder Reactions, MLB Playoffs October 16, 2021
- CHP Chase Ends With AC Transit Bus Crash Into Oakland Home October 16, 2021
- AC Transit plows into Oakland home after being hit by stolen car: CHP October 16, 2021
- Dusty Baker Compares Jose Altuve & Carlos Correa to Tom Brady & Rob Gronkowski After ALCS Game 1 Win October 16, 2021
- Pompsie Las Vegas Vlogger Gives Tour Of His $2000 Las Vegas Apartment October 16, 2021
- Mountain View Castro Street Closure Seen as Pandemic Perk October 16, 2021
- Smoke Effect Template | CSK Mass Status Black Screen Template | Luna Tech Tamil | New Templates October 16, 2021
- Red Sox vs Astros Game 1 Highlights | MLB 2021 October 16, 2021
- 41 Points in 30 Minutes?! Stephen Curry Got Buckets on Warriors Ground | Oct. 15, 2021 October 16, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders: Will Greg Olson Play Calling Produce 1st Quarter Results? By Joseph Armendariz October 16, 2021
- Stephen Curry with an AMAZING Dribbling Move! | Oct. 15, 2021 vs. Trail Blazers October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Ziggy Stardust” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “Pretty In Pink” October 15, 2021
- The Coverups @ The Uptown in Oakland, CA 9/30/18 “American Girl” October 15, 2021
- 49ers Friday: Bye Week Special October 15, 2021
- Steph & Curtis’s Pregame Routine is BACK! | #shorts October 15, 2021
- Peralta College Board Unanimously Extends Chancellor Jannett Jackson’s Contract October 15, 2021
- Witness Claims Oakland Police Searching for Wrong Car in Road Rage Homicide October 15, 2021
- Las Vegas Raiders Will Greg Olson Be A Better Play Caller Then Jon Gruden? By Eric Pangilinan October 15, 2021
- Fentanyl Alert!!! Looks Like Chewing Gum by Derrick Soo October 15, 2021
- Video of suspect vehicle in Oakland road rage shooting that left teen dead October 15, 2021
- 245 Perkins St 34 Oakland, CA 94610 October 15, 2021
- Rotary Club of Oakland Civic Thursday Meeting, October 7th 2021. October 15, 2021
- Why I’m leaving Oakland, California. Pt.1 October 15, 2021
- Downs Oakland Sunday Service 10.17.21 October 15, 2021
- 5800 Nottingham Dr Oakland CA | Oakland Homes for Sale October 15, 2021
- Raiders Rumors Mailbag: Hire Jack Del Rio As Next Raiders Head Coach? Start Jimmy Morrissey? October 15, 2021
- San Francisco 49ers Rumors: Xavien Howard Trade? Nick Bosa, Deebo Samuel Contract Extension| Mailbag October 15, 2021
- Latest San Francisco 49ers News With Matt Maiocco October 15, 2021
- Dodgers vs. Giants NLDS Game 5 Highlights (10/14/21) | MLB Highlights October 15, 2021
Oakland News Online Links From Oakland's Only News Aggregator Blog
Oakland News Now Archives