ONN – Scott McKibben Is An Asset To The Oakland Coliseum JPA As Executive Director
Atlanta – This is to say that Scott McKibben has been an asset to the Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum Complex. When he came in as a new hire, unofficially in 2014, he took over for an executive director who did not understand the business of sports. In fast action, Scott made a number of changes to the Coliseum JPA, but most notable was his relationships with the Oakland A’s, Oakland Raiders, and Golden State Warriors.
Indeed, it was his relationship with Mark Davis, Marc Badain, and the Oakland Raiders that was key in securing better rent payments for the Oakland Coliseum Stadium.
Overall, Scott has doubled the value of the Coliseum Stadium, and in total has taken a number of actions that have helped its future. The RingCentral Naming Rights Deal was gotten in the clear face of sports team departures. Scott has worked tirelessly to overcome the departures of the Raiders, A’s, and Warriors, and preserve the Coliseum as a business going concern. He should be rewarded for his work.
Here’s Scott McKibben’s biography.
P. Scott McKibben
Scott McKibben was appointed Executive Director of Oakland Alameda County Coliseum Authority in February 2015.
Mr. McKibben served as the CEO/Commissioner of the A-11 Football League. He oversaw all day-to-day operations of the League, including media contracts, sports, licensing and all philanthropic activities.
Mr. McKibben was appointed Executive Director of the Tournament of Roses and Rose Bowl Game in October 2009. As Executive Director, He is administratively responsible for leading the professional staff and supporting the 935 volunteers who plan and stage the world-renowned Rose Parade and Rose Bowl Game®. He also sits on the Rose Bowl Management Committee in his capacity as the Executive Director.
Scott McKibben was appointed Executive Vice President and Chief Revenue Officer of the Los Angeles Times Media Group in August 2008. He was responsible for the business side of the Los Angeles Times, KTLA and latimes.com.
Scott McKibben joined Freedom Communications as President and Publisher of The Gazette in Colorado Springs, Colorado, and Divisional Vice President for the Central Region in November 2006. In August 2005, he was named President of Western Colorprint, a national newspaper marketing company based in Denver, Colorado. Western Colorprint represents over 400 Sunday newspapers nationwide.
In August 2003, Scott McKibben was named President and Publisher of The San Francisco Examiner and Independent Newspaper Group. Total market circulation 450,000.
Scott McKibben was named President and Publisher/ANG Newspapers in March 1997. Prior to that, he was Publisher of the Topeka Capital Journal, and formerly publisher of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal. He was general manager of the Dallas Times Herald prior to its closing in January 1992. He previously worked as advertising director of the 355,000 circulation Dallas newspaper.
Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, into a newspaper family, he moved three times as his father changed executive positions at newspapers. His brother is the former publisher of the Denver Post, where his brother-in-law also works. Another brother was formerly employed at the Milwaukee Journal.
Scott McKibben attended the University of Wisconsin — River Falls, where he played hockey and pursued studies with the intention of becoming a hockey coach. He graduated with degrees in education and business, and earned credits toward his MBA.
Scott McKibben started his career in 1975 as a retail sales account executive for the Green Bay Press-Gazette. He has since held positions in other Wisconsin newspapers, in South Dakota and Iowa, and at the Philadelphia Inquirer, before joining the Dallas paper in 1989.
In 2001, he led a local Super Bowl Oakland effort for the City of Oakland that culminated with a presentation on behalf of the City of Oakland to the NFL owners at their annual meeting. He has been very involved in many community philanthropic and community organizations as both a board member and fundraiser.
Scott McKibben is an avid jogger and a nine-handicap golfer. He likes to travel and enjoys spending time with his family.
Scott McKibben has been honored to speak at various newspaper industry functions and American Press Institute sessions as a motivational speaker.
Oakland News Now Note: this video-blog post demonstrates the full and live operation of the latest version of an experimental Zennie62Media mobile media video-blogging system network. This is a major part of our new approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and also seek interested content and media technology partners.
LET ZENNIE62MEDIA TELL YOUR STORY
Let ZENNIE62MEDIA Tell The Story About You The Media Refuses To Produce. Visit our site and hire Zennie62Media.
Oakland News Now Related Posts
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- How The 49ers vs Raiders Preseason Games Restarted When The Silver And Black Returned To Oakland
- Rusty Hardin Says Tony Buzbee Deshaun Watson Settlement Not Happening Talk Is Ironic
- Mads Mikkelsen And Anders Jensen Blockbuster Interview With Zennie62Media’s Jessica Dwyer
- East Oakland Stadium Alliance Seeks To Drown A’s Fans In Water At Coliseum
- Mads Mikkelsen Oscars: Mads Mikkelsen, Anders Jensen, Riders Of Justice Interview: Jessica Dwyer
- Oakland Schools: OUSD 2021 Classified School Employees Of The Year
- Biden Press Secretary Jen Psaki Statement On Restart of Colonial Pipeline And Continued Federal Government Efforts To Mitigate Impacts
- The Oakland A’s Never “Rooted In Oakland” – Las Vegas Mayor Says Relocation Talk 2 Years Old
- Oakland Athletics In Relocation Talks for 2 Years According To LV Review Journal – by Richard Haick
- City Of Oakland Eviction Moratorium Not Impacted By Federal Ruling
- RaceTrac Fayetteville Ga Gas Pumps Out Of Gas Except Diesel Due To Cyberattack
- 2021 NFL Schedule Revealed On NFL Network’s Schedule Release 21 Show
- NFL Gives Nine Social Justice Programs $2.5 Million
- SF Bay Area Bicycle Is Back With Bike Oakland: Bancroft And International
- Rockets Kill 2 Israelis, Airstrikes Kill 28 In Gaza | MSNBC
- Crocker Highlands Mid-Century, Oakland, CA, 94610
- Violent Israeli-Palestinian Unrest Kills At Least 33 | The 11th Hour
- MLB tells Oakland A’s to start exploring other cities
- Team Coverage: Major League Baseball Greenlights Oakland A’s To Consider Relocating
- Talk’s Las Vegas Athletics For Oakland A’s Relocation But Portland Has 50K Signatures For MLB Ballpark
Oakland News Now Archives