ONN – Scott Haggerty Angers Henry Gardner During Warriors Court Deal Talk At Oakland Coliseum JPA Meeting
For Oakland Coliseum Joint Powers Authority (Coliseum JPA) Meeting observers who may be wondering what the leadership style difference is between Scott McKibben, the former Coliseum JPA executive director, and Henry Gardner, his replacement, and the legendary former Oakland City Manager, take a look at this video.
The scene was the Friday morning January 17th 2020 Coliseum JPA Meeting that was chocked full of items on its agenda. One of them was the basketball court previously used by the Golden State Warriors.
According to the Coliseum JPA report, the court is in a condition of disrepair and can’t be used for the Harlem Globetrotters visit this month. Gardner laid out options for what to do to replace the famous court: 1) rent a court for three days at $25,000, plus $6,200 to transport it, 2) lease to buy at $45,000 down and $45,000 financed at 9.5 percent for 24 months, 3) purchased used for $85,000, 4) buy new at $151,000 plus transport.
Alameda County Supervisor Scott Haggerty could not understand why the Warriors court could not be used saying “It’s ours, not theirs”. But Gardner explained that because of the timing of the Harlem Globetrotters visit this month, a decision had to be made before the board meeting – Gardner selected choice three and acted on it. Haggerty was not happy that the board wasn’t given a chance to weigh in on the matter, then he remarked that the talk at the meeting amounted to “showboating” – a flip comment that set off Gardner.
Henry Gardner, in his school marm way, told off Haggerty and explained that the matter of the disposition of the court was a part of the negotiations with the Warriors. “This is not showboating!” Gardner quipped.
McKibben would have handled that situation much differently, and this comes not from him, but from my view of his style. Scott would not have left the Coliseum JPA Board in a position where the court issue impacted future events. I think Scott would have worked a deal to keep the old court, given its historic value. But Scott McKibben would have never dressed down a board member in public. It’s not his style, and in honesty, it wasn’t the right thing to do on Henry’s part.
A new day.
Note from Oakland News Now Technical: this video-blog post shows the full and live operation of the latest updated version of an experimental Zennie62Media , Inc. mobile media video-blogging system network that was launched June 2018. This is a major part of Zennie62Media , Inc.’s new and innovative approach to the production of news media. The uploaded video is from a vlogger with the Zennie62 on YouTube Partner Channel, then uploaded to and formatted automatically at the Oakland News Now site and Zennie62-created and owned social media pages. The overall objective is smartphone-enabled, real-time, on the scene reporting of news, interviews, observations, and happenings anywhere in the World and within seconds and not hours. Now, news is reported with a smartphone: no heavy and expensive cameras or even a laptop are necessary. The secondary objective is faster, and very inexpensive media content news production and distribution. We have found there is a disconnect between post length and time to product and revenue generated. With this, the problem is far less, though by no means solved. Zennie62Media is constantly working to improve the system network coding and seeks interested content and media technology partners.
Oakland News Now Recent Posts
- A Shooting Has Taken Place At A Stop & Shop In West Hempstead, NY, By: Vinny Lospinuso
- Look At Oakland Lake Merritt Instagram Videos Shows Fun Gathering – Are Complaints Just Racism?
- Oakland Lake Merritt Vendors Move From Lakeshore To Grand Avenue, But Racist Take Remains
- Memories of Roy Steele, Oakland A’s Announcer
- Oakland Police Chief Antioch Press Conference
- Oakland Mayor’s Town Hall Budget Summit – Guaranteed Income
- Renaming to White Supremacy Resolution
- The Sounds Of Oakland: Sideshow Season 2021 OPD Responds
- Amtrak Capital Corridor #527 train Southbound at The Oakland Coliseum Amtrak Station 4KHD
- More Oakland Unified Elementary Students Return to School
- The Sounds Of Oakland: The OPD Engagement Of The 2021 Protest Season
- 11370 Golf Links Road, Oakland, CA | Michael and Nicole Wilhelm, Compass
- Oakland Vigil & Protest for Daunte Wright & Adam Toledo 4/16/2021
- Berkeley Councilmember Ben Bartlett Says FAA Threatens City’s Skies
- President Biden, First Lady, Vice President Harris Statements On Walter Mondale’s Passing
- Oakland A’s Road Warrior Ways Produce 8-Game Win Streak, 9-7 Record
- City of Oakland, Partners, Welcome New Brooklyn Basin Affordable Housing Units Residents
- VP Kamala Harris On Diplomacy With Mexico Northern Triangle Countries During Press Gaggle
- Marvel Studios’ Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings | Official Teaser
- Oakland Schools News: OEA & OUSD Reach Tentative Agreement On 21-22 School Year Calendar